Sponsored

Anyone regret getting their GT350?

hunterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra
First off, let me say that I tend to overthink things (sometimes a lot), so perhaps I'm doing that...

I placed an order for a '17 car and I'm wondering if it was the right decision. Does anyone regret picking up their 350? If so, why? I'm coming from a 2004 Cobra that has minor mods (exhaust, suspension, no pulley mods) and I'm curious if anyone here has made a similar move. I'd be especially interested in driving impressions between the two for those who made a similar swap. Understandably, dealers aren't really allowing test drives around here.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I considered something else about 6 months in.. I drive from St Louis to Atlanta and just figured I could get something more "well rounded."

Well rounded be damned, I couldn't do it. No regrets. (I do have a daily that can make the trip though)

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Nope. As time passes I'm happier and happier with the car. Haven't even started tracking it yet...

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
If you are coming from a 04 cobra you might miss the low end grunt. The 350 is a car that performs when it's in its power band. 4000 /8250 range.
From the beginning Ford should have offered the base with the coolers . Then people could choose what options they wanted.

Last edited:

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I have a modded 03 Cobra sitting in the garage right now. It's been there since I bought my GT350 in January, doing exactly that... Sitting... If that answers your question.

But seriously though, the S550 platform in general is light years ahead of the Sn95 in every way. Driving impressions between the two aren't even comparable, the gt350 is a true drivers car, the 03 cobra is just a beast.

This coming from a guy who wanted nothing but a 03-04 Cobra for a very long time.

Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
No offense to the Mustang GT (which I was considering due to the difficulty of obtaining the GT350 at MSRP) but my only regret would have been NOT purchasing the GT350 other than that, smile ear to ear

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Lucy is mustang #9 for me and it is by far the best performer, best driver, best looking most fun car I have ever owned. Cars I considered when getting this car include Corvette and Nissan GTR...... Daily, I am confident that I made the right choice.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Regrets !!!!!

First off, let me say that I tend to overthink things (sometimes a lot), so perhaps I'm doing that...

I placed an order for a '17 car and I'm wondering if it was the right decision. Does anyone regret picking up their 350? If so, why? I'm coming from a 2004 Cobra that has minor mods (exhaust, suspension, no pulley mods) and I'm curious if anyone here has made a similar move. I'd be especially interested in driving impressions between the two for those who made a similar swap. Understandably, dealers aren't really allowing test drives around here.

Thanks.
My said if I buy the Shelby she's going to leave me............. I'm sure going to miss her :ford::ford::ford::ford:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I personally regret passing on marrying that rich but ugly girl so I could afford a GT350(R). She had a nice enough body...

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
No regrets here but I can say that I dont do as much in it as I did in my GT. For example, parking in the Wal Mart parking lot or a Chic-fil-a. Also, I can't get into my fav mexican restaurant parking lot due to scraping the splitter too hard.
Sponsored