Sponsored

Anyone regret getting their GT350?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
thanks for your insight. unfortunately I also will be selling my Boss to get the 350, and am worried about missing the Boss. your comments certainly don't help me feel better!
Certainly understand your concerns over giving up your Boss 302 for a new GT350 as that is a tough call for sure especially after owning and driving both of these great vehicles.

Is the GT350 a better car than the Boss 302, absolutely but these Boss 302 cars are very special as well with more low end torque than the GT350 and of course the quad exhaust is very cool especially without the side exhaust baffle plates removed.

Having said that the sound of the new GT350's and especially the R models are something to behold as well.

If somehow you could hang onto the Boss and also land a new GT350 that would be the ultimate and wish you good luck on whatever direction that you head!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
First off, let me say that I tend to overthink things (sometimes a lot), so perhaps I'm doing that...

I placed an order for a '17 car and I'm wondering if it was the right decision. Does anyone regret picking up their 350? If so, why? I'm coming from a 2004 Cobra that has minor mods (exhaust, suspension, no pulley mods) and I'm curious if anyone here has made a similar move. I'd be especially interested in driving impressions between the two for those who made a similar swap. Understandably, dealers aren't really allowing test drives around here.

Thanks.
I sold my 04 Cobra specifically for the GT350. Let's just say automotive technology has come A LONG way since 2004. It was hard for me to sell my Cobra (Mystichrome) but I don't regret it one bit. Yet. :D

The only thing I don't like about the 350 is the lack of torque down low. The 04 felt so much quicker off the line, but when the 350 kicks in around 3500 it's a great feeling.

The way the 350 handles though makes the lack of torque worth it, IMO.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Only regret is buying a M6 car after knee surgery :doh:
Probably going to sell it soon but The car is awesome :hail:
Really love the sound with the Borla on it too :headbang:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Yes I regret getting the GT350....later rather than sooner :D

MARFOR

2017 Ruby-red GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2015 STI
My regret, if you can consider it one, is that I have to wait until February to pick it up. Can't wait ...

Sponsored

ThundrPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
93 GT
If you can get the car at MSRP you're not getting hurt. You can basically test drive the car for a few months and then unload it without losing too much money.

BSheppard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Orange, Tech package, black stripes
I will say i might have a regret. I might regret holding out over a year to buy one.

I held out for a MSRP deal and finally got it. Also could not compromise on the Competition Orange so that combo was hard to find. Only about what? 150-250ish cars built in that color over the past two years?

I had several dealers back in mid 2015 that could have ordered me a car for $10k over. I'm at the point in my life where I could do the $10k but it was the "principle" of the matter.

Looking back, and knowing now how much I love the car, I should have tried negotiating with several dealers and paid the lowest ADM.

I won't get that year back. So my advise is don't put things off. We don't live forever, we don't have that many years on this rock. Don't let a few $ hold you back if you have the means.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
I will say i might have a regret. I might regret holding out over a year to buy one.

I held out for a MSRP deal and finally got it. Also could not compromise on the Competition Orange so that combo was hard to find. Only about what? 150-250ish cars built in that color over the past two years?

I had several dealers back in mid 2015 that could have ordered me a car for $10k over. I'm at the point in my life where I could do the $10k but it was the "principle" of the matter.

Looking back, and knowing now how much I love the car, I should have tried negotiating with several dealers and paid the lowest ADM.

I won't get that year back. So my advise is don't put things off. We don't live forever, we don't have that many years on this rock. Don't let a few $ hold you back if you have the means.
Right on and well said! (From another CO owner of course) :clap2:
Sponsored