Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
How do some of you get plates without a title or prof of insurance before you even take ownership of the car.
Sponsored

screamin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT White/Gray (sold)
How do some of you get plates without a title or prof of insurance before you even take ownership of the car.
CA DMV will let you order plates without specifying which car they will go on. You do have to relinquish a set of plates in exchange for the new plates in person at the DMV in order to pick them up. My GT350 plates are currently assigned to another car until the GT350 arrives. Hopefully that will finally happen in three weeks...

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Thanks Donson! The name means a lot to me so I was really excited it was available.:headbang:

That is an awesome plate!

I hoped to show my appreciation with mine. Granted, my wife's name is Carol. Either way, without Mr. Carroll Shelby, I'm not sure any of us would be driving any type of American Sports car.
Don't forget... if you're ever in the SF Bay Area!!! ;)

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
CA DMV will let you order plates without specifying which car they will go on. You do have to relinquish a set of plates in exchange for the new plates in person at the DMV in order to pick them up. My GT350 plates are currently assigned to another car until the GT350 arrives. Hopefully that will finally happen in three weeks...
Silicon Valley??? ;)

You can also contact your local Ca-DMV office that has your plates and have them hold them. I ordered mine back in early Sept and just picked them up last week. They told me that they would have held them as long as I needed. Santa Teresa office.

TripleYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby GT350
In Texas you can order and pick up personalized plates without assigning them to a vehicle. Once you get your car and standard plates you go in, relinquish your standard plates and have the personalized plate assigned to your new car.

Sponsored

Glhshelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Shelby GT350 Avalanche Gray w/Tech Package
In Texas you can order and pick up personalized plates without assigning them to a vehicle. Once you get your car and standard plates you go in, relinquish your standard plates and have the personalized plate assigned to your new car.
I have to say, I'm kind of sorry that the GT350 didn't come out until after we moved from Texas to Ohio. Personalized plates are a LOT cheaper in Ohio, but overall Texas has way cooler designs to choose from.

ToddF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Shadow Black G0094
Lucked out the last person to have VOODOO didn't renew it last summer.
image.jpeg

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
I ordered VOODOOV8 today...hopefully it doesn't get sensored!!!

ToddF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Shadow Black G0094

Sponsored

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm on a site and it shows $495 for five years. Just checking to make sure this sounds right for Texas?

canuhover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
[/QUOTE]

Now there is one in Georgia
image.jpg

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
How serious of a ticket would I get in CA if i "accidentally" painted my yellow lettering blue to match the stripes on my car?...

I ordered KGTG350 (mine and my wife's initials and coincidentally GT in the middle). Got the black with yellow lettering CA plates.

Hoping would be a fix it ticket but who knows how serious that one would be?

The things we would contemplate to make our rides look better...

KGTG350 - 16' GT350

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I went with a pre-order on a new all black plate. Need 200 pre-orders before they go into production. Oh no not the wait game all over again!! :headbonk:

my plate.png
Sponsored