Sponsored

Any Differences between a 18' and a 23' GT Convertible?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Only two things really matter. Interest rate and out the door price of car. If those are good, then you can always make bigger payments to pay it off sooner.

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I had a 2017 ecoboost pp and the carvwas great, 26-27 mpg loved the carā€¦ but every time i started it, i had a pang of regretā€¦ i wanted that 8 cylinder rumbleā€¦ this last july i traded my ecoboost for a leftover but new 22 gt convertibleā€¦. 0% interest

Love the car, love the rumble.. frikken love the powerā€¦.

The only drawback would be the stereo, my 17 eco had a much better/louder steroe than the new one. I think my 17 was bose, my 22 is B&Oā€¦.

Still if you want that 8 cylinder instead of the cool little 4 cyl turboā€¦ GT is the way to go..

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I had a 2017 ecoboost pp and the carvwas great, 26-27 mpg loved the carā€¦ but every time i started it, i had a pang of regretā€¦ i wanted that 8 cylinder rumbleā€¦ this last july i traded my ecoboost for a leftover but new 22 gt convertibleā€¦. 0% interest

Love the car, love the rumble.. frikken love the powerā€¦.

The only drawback would be the stereo, my 17 eco had a much better/louder steroe than the new one. I think my 17 was bose, my 22 is B&Oā€¦.

Still if you want that 8 cylinder instead of the cool little 4 cyl turboā€¦ GT is the way to go..
Man, if you can hear the stereo in that GT convertible with the top down and exhaust in track mode you ainā€™t doing something right!

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Man, if you can hear the stereo in that GT convertible with the top down and exhaust in track mode you ainā€™t doing something right!
Me too with my 2019 gt vert.ill play it up to 18 and goes higher if you want.clear as a bell.some of the base tones do vibrate speakers on a few songs but only when it's volume is at 18.much better Than my 14 shelby

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Leaving the finances out of it, thereā€™s really not much difference between the 18 and 23. The 23 will have 10 less hp due to the carbon filter (easy to remove). Iā€™m of the mindset that newer is generally better, especially since you still have factory warranty left on the 23. Lower mileage as well, also a plus in my book. Between the two youā€™re looking at, is one a color you prefer over the other? Does one have more options that you canā€™t do without? Those are the things I would consider if finances arenā€™t really a concern for you.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have owned around 10 convertibles in my life. I don't know if the stereo even worked on most of them.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Wow, this thread went keyboard warrior quick. But @KingKona is right. As somebody who went Ecoboost to GT I can confirm a few things.
  • Same car, same road noise, all affected mostly by the tires.
  • Ecoboost reliability is just as good at Coyote, don't believe the hype online. Any engine mistreated will blow up.
  • Along with that, no reliable Ecoboost will ever be as quick as the Coyote cars. That is the primary reason why I stopped putting money into one and bought the other.

I have owned 9 Mustang convertibles since 1968. As you can see, I currently own a '15 EB premium vert with PP and Ford Performance Tune, as well as a '20 GT vert with PP (both bought new) and I plan to keep them. I've been a family financial advisor and planner over 30 years and I have only one comment with regard to financing: If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

What is stated, to include what can be inferred from above, is correct. EB's and GT's have totally different driving and handling personalities and I happen to like both.

In my mind, as others have stated, it boils down to getting what you really want, what you intend to do with with it, and how long you plan to keep it.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have owned around 10 convertibles in my life. I don't know if the stereo even worked on most of them.
Youā€˜re preaching the gospel now Balr!

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaving the finances out of it, thereā€™s really not much difference between the 18 and 23. The 23 will have 10 less hp due to the carbon filter (easy to remove). Iā€™m of the mindset that newer is generally better, especially since you still have factory warranty left on the 23. Lower mileage as well, also a plus in my book. Between the two youā€™re looking at, is one a color you prefer over the other? Does one have more options that you canā€™t do without? Those are the things I would consider if finances arenā€™t really a concern for you.
Not only is it easy to remove, according to Tonyā€™s Fords when you do so you gain back 18 hp, at the wheels not just the crank. He provided dyno results.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I work in the bank ironically that I'd finance from. the 18' would be 60 mos and the 23' would be 84mo. Both rides would be 6.5% (regardless of term) New-new is 5.74% I usually don't mind financing for 84mo, b/c I generally pay the principle down quicker than usual, but like to have the "freedom" of the payments being less if their stretched.
84 Months!?!?!?!?! Good God, the banks and auto industry must love this. I get the longer term for a better rate and lower payment to give flexibility, but 99% of people are going to change cars at the 3-4 year mark, be way upside down, roll the negative equity into the next car, and on and on..... Speaking financially, you should also consider your insurance costs as well as maintenance, fuel costs, etc.

So glad I am out of the new car market for the foreseeable future. My daughter just had her 3rd kid, and it was Minivan Time........... Hello $60K Sienna AWD Hybrid..... I think they got 5.5% from Navy Federal. They had to wait a full year to get one, and had saved about 3/4 over the last 5 years. It REALLY pays to keep cars 10 years. I'm on year 8 for my Tundra (90K miles and still like freaking new), and 4 for the Bullitt (hard to believe. 22K flawless miles). I'm keeping both till I can't drive...............

OK Boomer rant OFF........... lol Getting to your question on changes, I think 2018 was the refresh year, at least cosmetically.

Not sure when the Getrag Chinesium Transmission got it's updates, but it did. I think in 2019. Not sure of the A10. Maybe just refinements. The 2018 did get the Gen 3 Coyote

Likely the 2022-2023 were the best of the 6G as it was in it's final years. But then again, they were COVID cars ;-)

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
They are the same cars. Any differences in road noise would be due to differences in tires.

Payment means nothing. If you are focused only on payments, you really are not financial experts. The terms (length and rate) are much more important. I'm worried because you're mentioning payments, and that makes me think you're stretching to afford this car. I would suggest against that.

Your Ecoboost is just as reliable as a 5.0 There is no difference.

I don't think you want opinions. I think you want people to support a decision you've already made, but are internally questioning.
Dude, did you not read his post thoroughly? He stated " While WE are not all financial experts...."
You seem to always have some snide, smartass sharpshooting remark to people here who are just asking for help šŸ¤Ø

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Dude, did you not read his post thoroughly? He stated " While WE are not all financial experts...."
You seem to always have some snide, smartass sharpshooting remark to people here who are just asking for help šŸ¤Ø
Snide or not, his remarks are accurate and poignant to the question at hand. Are you here to criticize the advice or just attack the person?
Sponsored