Sponsored

Another ProCharger Stage II with D1SC & Wastgate

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Now let's see some track times..
Agreed some track times would be nice.Last week i went 11.015 at 127 mph.My car is over 4000 pounds with me in it,and running 10psi of boost.I am going to mason dixon this sunday to shoot for tens,lund gave me a tune with a little more timing in it,so with that and mix a couple gallons of cam2 i should get 10's.Thats if its not 100degrees out☺.Anyone eles been yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Getdownonit

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Waiting for cooler weather before I take her to the strip. Sometime in the fall.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I may track mine for a few easy launches at the end of October. I don't plan on putting the halfshafts and clutch in until winter.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I may track mine for a few easy launches at the end of October. I don't plan on putting the halfshafts and clutch in until winter.
There's a number of Procharged cars without halfshafts or a clutch that do fine. Just be smooth. (So don't let me drive the car, for one.) :frusty:

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
There's a number of Procharged cars without halfshafts or a clutch that do fine. Just be smooth. (So don't let me drive the car, for one.) :frusty:
I hear you. The last time I tracked a car it was my 03 Cobra at a 5k clutch dump on slicks... won't be doing that.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
For sure,i did my halfshafts already,but yesterday my clutch with just 5000 miles on it Starting slipping and i had to stop running.Even slipping i managed 11.1 at 130 mph with a 1.8 ^60ft.Stock clutch will def not last at this power level with sticky tires.

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I hear you. The last time I tracked a car it was my 03 Cobra at a 5k clutch dump on slicks... won't be doing that.
For sure,i did my halfshafts already,but yesterday my clutch with just 5000 miles on it Starting slipping and i had to stop running.Even slipping i managed 11.1 at 130 mph with a 1.8 ^60ft.Stock clutch will def not last at this power level with sticky tires.
I just picked up some Hoosier Drag slicks mounted on 17" Race Stars off Craigslist. I don't have much seat time at the track but I'm hoping to post some decent numbers without dumping the clutch @ 5k (stock clutch, halfshafts, etc). Trying to get there tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I just picked up some Hoosier Drag slicks mounted on 17" Race Stars offthen Craigslist. I don't have much seat time at the track but I'm hoping to post some decent numbers without dumping the clutch @ 5k (stock clutch, halfshafts, etc). Trying to get there tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
Well u have a full slick so that will help with the halfshafts,but dumping the clutch is much better then slipping it,especially on stickys.I had to slip mine because on well preped tracks i would bog on launch and thats what caused my clutch to tap out!!!.U can try dumping it quick not side stepping it and see how it goes,try at 4 to 4.5k launches.Good luck and knock down some good numbers.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I just picked up some Hoosier Drag slicks mounted on 17" Race Stars off Craigslist. I don't have much seat time at the track but I'm hoping to post some decent numbers without dumping the clutch @ 5k (stock clutch, halfshafts, etc). Trying to get there tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
You will have to dump it with some decent RPM, slicks are meant to spin slightly. Lower rpm with a large slick will bog the engine horribly.

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Well u have a full slick so that will help with the halfshafts,but dumping the clutch is much better then slipping it,especially on stickys.I had to slip mine because on well preped tracks i would bog on launch and thats what caused my clutch to tap out!!!.U can try dumping it quick not side stepping it and see how it goes,try at 4 to 4.5k launches.Good luck and knock down some good numbers.
You will have to dump it with some decent RPM, slicks are meant to spin slightly. Lower rpm with a large slick will bog the engine horribly.
Thanks for the tips! 4.5k and dump, I'll start with that.

Small burnout to clean 'em? Never used slicks before.

Trying to get prepared so I can represent the Procharger crowd effectively!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
This flat out STUNNNNNNNNNNNNING!!!!!!

I mean seriously.

The wheels,
The stance,
The intercooler
The polished blower
The power

Yup, I am jelly!

OP
OP
Getdownonit

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This flat out STUNNNNNNNNNNNNING!!!!!!

I mean seriously.

The wheels,
The stance,
The intercooler
The polished blower
The power

Yup, I am jelly!
Thanks! I'm sure glad it's not a daily driver so I don't have to wash it too often. :)