Sponsored

An accident, I never thought would happen to me...

OP
OP
350Mike

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
It didn't really sink in until last night. I could today if I knew how:lol: I'm fearful of repairs cause I know(at least I think I know) it won't be repaired the way I would do it. I imagine things will be missed and a total pain in the ass.
Sponsored

majtom94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Black V6 6SPD Auto
Just depends on where it gets repaired. Ask insurance company where they recommend.

OP
OP
350Mike

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Just depends on where it gets repaired. Ask insurance company where they recommend.
I've chosen I good body shop that I trust. I'm just nervous

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I have my winter beater in the body shop after an eventful week last week. I too was nervous about the insurance repair shop but I did some research and it's a good shop. Insurance has also called almost everyday with updates from their guy on-site with my truck. Make sure you have good communication lines and you should be fine.

umdkevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium
It didn't really sink in until last night. I could today if I knew how:lol: I'm fearful of repairs cause I know(at least I think I know) it won't be repaired the way I would do it. I imagine things will be missed and a total pain in the ass.
And then there's the lost value. It's BS even if the use all OEM the market doesn't treat you well.

Sponsored

umdkevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium
... with NAV and Sync and i rarely ever touch my phone. phone commands work fine.
Don't get me wrong, love my sync 3 and long hold to pass through to Siri. I was referring to the general public and the woman that hit our fellow Mustang owner. ,AirPlay and A Auto are going to help stop the senseless madness. :frusty:

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
BS! It's that kind weak handed attitude that allows so many people to act so carelessly without fear of consequences. There is no such thing as an 'accident'. You don't accidentally get on your phone to text or check something. You don't accidentally not check you surroundings before making a turn.

And the reason why insurance is FORCED upon us is because of so many 'accidents'. And MANY people DIE every year because of them. But keep worrying about not hurting someone's fweeings.
Only a dishonest asshat would make up injuries and lie. If you're hurt, by all means, claim it. You're weak if you lie this kind of way, drives up insurance for everyone.

By this post, you would think you're perfect! :crazy::shrug::frusty:

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
As someone who works for an insurance company. You do realize we're more profitable if people DONT get into accidents right? We aren't some Illuminati conspiracy trying to rob the general populous of all their money.
Well said, as a bodily injury adjuster I always find the ignorance in people astounding. We don't cause the accident just try to clean then up the best we can and all people do is act like insurance companies are evil.
You're missing the point. If laws were harsher and driving privileges harder to get there would way fewer accidents. Thus insurance companies wouldn't have been able to lobby congress to have it be mandatory. But because any idiot can get a license then have no consequence for it, the statistics show its 'better' for everyone to be forced into paying insurance companies money. Then when it comes time for them to pay up use their corporate might to try and screw people out of money.

It's basically corporate communism. If the govt really wanted to reduce accidents and increase public safety they should actually enforce and be tough on traffic laws.

Only a dishonest asshat would make up injuries and lie. If you're hurt, by all means, claim it. You're weak if you lie this kind of way, drives up insurance for everyone.

By this post, you would think you're perfect! :crazy::shrug::frusty:
First off I never said to lie about anything. And secondly I'm not perfect but I have never been in at fault accident. Not even partially at fault in any way. You know why? Because I PAY ATTENTION when I'm driving.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
You're missing the point. If laws were harsher and driving privileges harder to get there would way fewer accidents.
I would have to agree. As someone who is on the road every day for work, I find it appalling the amount of people who do not know the rules of the road. It is ridiculously easy to get a driver's license here in the states. 25 questions? Seriously? Throw in the fact that people don't know the rules of the road with them ignoring the ones they do know and it is a clusterf*ck. Anyone who texts and drives is just as bad as someone who gets a DUI. They are a danger to everyone else on the road.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
You're missing the point. If laws were harsher and driving privileges harder to get there would way fewer accidents. Thus insurance companies wouldn't have been able to lobby congress to have it be mandatory. But because any idiot can get a license then have no consequence for it, the statistics show its 'better' for everyone to be forced into paying insurance companies money. Then when it comes time for them to pay up use their corporate might to try and screw people out of money.

It's basically corporate communism. If the govt really wanted to reduce accidents and increase public safety they should actually enforce and be tough on traffic laws.

First off I never said to lie about anything. And secondly I'm not perfect but I have never been in at fault accident. Not even partially at fault in any way. You know why? Because I PAY ATTENTION when I'm driving.
That poster said be honest and don't put your hands on someone. Then you say that's BS weak mindedness.

Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof

I hate to hijack this thread but really?

For starters you're acting like every accident on the road is the result of negligence of some sort and can simply be solved with fines. What about mechanical failure, hitting an animal, comprehensive damage, medical situations behind the wheel? Negligence related accidents are just one small piece of a very large picture. Who do you fine to prevent tire blowouts that cause collisions? Do you fine a deer when it runs into traffic? Your view of insurance seems incredibly narrow in scope and it seems to me you have no idea how it works, or what we lobby for. We're not "screwing" anyone out of any money, and while yes it is a pain that it's mandatory, there are precious few people out there who have the money on hand to pay to replace their vehicle should something happen to it, hence... insurance.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
That poster said be honest and don't put your hands on someone. Then you say that's BS weak mindedness.
No the poster was advocating a weak handed and passive approach to stupid people causing accidents. The sort of everybody wins at sports games type of approach to people damaging property. Dont put words into my mouth.

I hate to hijack this thread but really?

For starters you're acting like every accident on the road is the result of negligence of some sort and can simply be solved with fines. What about mechanical failure, hitting an animal, comprehensive damage, medical situations behind the wheel? Negligence related accidents are just one small piece of a very large picture. Who do you fine to prevent tire blowouts that cause collisions? Do you fine a deer when it runs into traffic? Your view of insurance seems incredibly narrow in scope and it seems to me you have no idea how it works, or what we lobby for. We're not "screwing" anyone out of any money, and while yes it is a pain that it's mandatory, there are precious few people out there who have the money on hand to pay to replace their vehicle should something happen to it, hence... insurance.
I am willing to bet a LARGE MAJORITY of 'accidents' are due to driver negligence. Not the mentioned issues.

And want to know why no one has any money to pay out of pocket? Because insurance companies are taking A LOT of money out of our pockets. If I were to put my $200/mo in a savings account every month I would have more than enough to cover just about anything.

Plus if you find it easier to pay it monthly instead to a company then that should be a CHOICE. And while some insurance companies dont increase your rates if youre hit or damaged through not fualt of your own, most do.

So youre going to take my money and then charge me MORE money for giving you money to fix my car?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Dude, GDP, you're off your rocker, calm it down.

Insurance isn't a "scam", good lord. Putting "$200 a month" away isn't enough to cover "just about anything".

In 2012 a deer came bounding off a hillside and smashed into the side of my car at night. The total damage came to $5,650. I pay $95 a month for my full coverage insurance on my car. To pay for that $5,650 bill I would have needed to save for nearly 5 years.
As I was I only paid $500 and my insurance picked up the rest. If I didn't have insurance I would have needed to have either put it on a credit card or have pulled it out of my rainy day savings, both of which are bad options.

This was a real gem:
Plus if you find it easier to pay it monthly instead to a company then that should be a CHOICE
So lets just say I do my part, save my money to cover repair bills, have a good $3,500 saved up, and someone has their brakes fail, t-bones me, and does $12,000 of damage to my car. They don't have insurance because hey..it was their choice, and they're broke. Am I supposed to go after them in court before a jury to get them to pay, which they won't because they're broke. Or should the government pay me..? Should I then take tax payer money?

See what I mean? Your ranting ideas about how insurance is a scam is just not logical, intelligent or reasonable in any reality.

OP: Sorry for the derailment, I hope this is cleared up quickly and you can be compensated for the diminished value of your car once the repair is complete. Take care of yourself and good luck! I know this sucks.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
And while some insurance companies dont increase your rates if youre hit or damaged through not fualt of your own, most do.

So youre going to take my money and then charge me MORE money for giving you money to fix my car?
This is just straight up not true in any capacity. There is no insurance company that's going to surcharge you for an accident you aren't at fault for. The ONLY exception to this are hit-and-runs where the driver can't be identified(what a surprise people without insurance, go figure.). On top of all of this, I HIGHLY doubt that the total aggregate amount of money you've paid towards insurance is greater than the cost to replace your vehicle if it was a loss. Insurance is a gamble, if you don't use it at all then yes the money is gone, but the second you use it or have a significant loss, its worth becomes immediately apparent.

Let's imagine for a second your scenario, the world with no mandatory insurance. You're driving down the freeway in your 2016 GT, when the driver next to you blows a tire(no fault of their own) or swerves because they're texting and driving(their fault) or attempting to take a pic of your "don't tread on me" bumper sticker(their fault), and smashes into your car, forcing you up against the concrete barrier and effectively totaling your car. But alas, neither of you have insurance. Let's assume that you've been saving the 200 a month for the past 7 years ($16800). You now have a totaled vehicle and not enough funds to repair or replace it (lets not forget we aren't even considering any bodily injury, rental car, etc.) . Now what? DO you go after the other driver? Cross your fingers and hope you can sue them for the remaining amount? What if they don't have the money, then what?(insert proverbial blood/stone comment here). And again this is an ideal world, where you haven't spent a penny of the money you aren't spending on insurance. Do you see how this plays out? Not well. Say you get your regulations and that driver winds up banned from the road, car-less, unable to cause any more harm after the accident. You're still stuck with a busted car, and no way to pay for its repair.

It's all well and good to climb up on the rooftops and shout about how the government and the "corporations" are all out to get you, taking your freedoms and stuffing them in their Freemason Illuminati chests buried underneath the Washington monument. But in reality where we all live, once you apply real numbers, and real logic to the situation, the system you're implying just doesn't work. Are there problems with current laws, penalties, fines, etc? Absolutely, but it isn't some conspiracy to get your money. It's just shitty lawmaking.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This is just straight up not true in any capacity. There is no insurance company that's going to surcharge you for an accident you aren't at fault for.
So then why does every single company ask a new applicant if they have had any accidents in the past X years whether at fault or not? If no fault accidents have absolutely no bearing on the quote or policy terms, what's the point of keeping track of those? In what way does a company use this information then if not for determining rates?

The ONLY exception to this are hit-and-runs where the driver can't be identified
What about someone that is identified but either doesn't have any insurance or not enough to cover all damage and the company of the not at fault driver has to pay out of their own pocket? Does that still apply?
Sponsored