zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I do not think doing 30 in a 15 or 60 in a 30 should mandate a gun pointed at me. We can agree to disagree. Id rather the cops use their training to assess the situation
there is no such fabled speed zone in all of Louisiana that is a 15mph zone.

I'd love to continue the debate, but I'll refrain, as I'd prefer to not disclose how utterly stupid I was being. :-)

let's just say that the speed limit had a first number north of 4.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

I'd love to continue the debate, but I'll refrain, as I'd prefer to not disclose how utterly stupid I was being. :-)

I would say no matter how stupid you where assuming you stopped when they caught up :lol: guns where probably not necessary.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS

Aww, come on, 'fess up, otherwise I'll be left thinking I'm the dumbest SOB in the house :headbonk:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
when being caught going 2x the speed limit it isn't an unrealistic precaution with regard to officer safety to have this sort of procedure.

It is seriously funny to me to have someone from NYC call officers in Louisiana Shady.

Our boys in blue do it right. there are always exceptions, but the overwhelming majority are good people who do it right.

Before you provide any commentary about where I live and about the police force, which contains a fair amount of my friends, look in the mirror.

I would never expect that anyone from NYC would ever understand what Louisiana people are like, so instead I'll ask that you be mindful of your glass house instead.

Thanks!
Beautifully said. I have enormous respect for our Louisiana cops.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Beautifully said. I have enormous respect for our Louisiana cops.
No one said all cops are bad LA (and NYPD) have a history of corruption. I know plenty of cops from the beat cops to detectives and they will tell you the same. Its not a boolean thing

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Dont you guys use radar detectors?

I have never had a speeding ticket... Ever.... I have had my license for over 15 years.

I sometimes feel bad for using it, its like cheating in a video game. It always works.

Where I live cops dont use laser. Its always K band in county roads and Ka bands in highways. That means ample time of warning. I sometimes get the Ka bands from over 1 mile away.

I did get pulled over for other things such as loud exhaust or going too slow, but I never received a ticket. I am always very nice to the officers, I know how difficult it is for them to deal with people who dont make it easy on them.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Instant on, unmarked car, airplanes, etc..... I've been pulled over for all of those with my radar detector on.

A radar detector is nice, but it can be a false sense of security.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Instant on, unmarked car, airplanes, etc..... I've been pulled over for all of those with my radar detector on.

A radar detector is nice, but it can be a false sense of security.
Agree 100%, 3 tickets while using a radar detector, 0 tickets when not using it.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Dont you guys use radar detectors?

I have never had a speeding ticket... Ever.... I have had my license for over 15 years.

I sometimes feel bad for using it, its like cheating in a video game. It always works.

Where I live cops dont use laser. Its always K band in county roads and Ka bands in highways. That means ample time of warning. I sometimes get the Ka bands from over 1 mile away.

I did get pulled over for other things such as loud exhaust or going too slow, but I never received a ticket. I am always very nice to the officers, I know how difficult it is for them to deal with people who dont make it easy on them.
LSP uses laser and instant on a fair amount.

a max360 doesnt pickup the laser that they use. a V1 will only help if you have a rabbit in front of you.

I run a 360 AND a v1 + an ALP kit.

Even with an ALP, you can get popped when new firmware comes out until ALP updates. Furthermore, many savvy officers know what is going on when shifters/jammers are in play. you literally have about 2 seconds to get slowed down before they'll yank you anyway. If there are any vehicle code violations, you'll usually get every damn ticket that applies.

There is no free lunch.

for reference, I had all of these things before my gt350 from a rally that i did late last year.

Sponsored

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
These are the kind of fines that have a marginal "public safety" but are big money generaters for the government.

Freedom is eroded one law at a time.
There is no EPA noise limit unless the situation is very severe, then the Noise Control Act kicks in. Primarily, noise limits are municipal. Freedom is something that begins with rights and ends with rights. That's why we are a nation so bound by law and many, many, layers of law enforcement. Freedom is no way "eroded" one law at a time. Freedom is preserved such that your freedom to be a jackass doesn't interfere with my freedom to free from jackasses.

The beauty of being in the U.S. that we have systems in place to deal with issues while the rest of the world has to put up with whatever crap the government and its enforcers impose. Our system is far from perfect in that regard, but please don't whine about a lack of freedom in the U.S. You have it so good you don't even know it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
No one said all cops are bad LA (and NYPD) have a history of corruption. I know plenty of cops from the beat cops to detectives and they will tell you the same. Its not a boolean thing
I don't know what you're talking about. I've lived here for 15 years and aside from a few isolated incidents in the news I have never seen or heard anything regarding corruption of the local police forces in Louisiana. They have always been nice and honest with me, and if anything they've probably let me go more times than they should have. In 15 years of being pulled over I should have run into at least one PITA cop, right? You must buy into stereotypes easily.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There is no EPA noise limit unless the situation is very severe, then the Noise Control Act kicks in. Primarily, noise limits are municipal. Freedom is something that begins with rights and ends with rights. That's why we are a nation so bound by law and many, many, layers of law enforcement. Freedom is no way "eroded" one law at a time. Freedom is preserved such that your freedom to be a jackass doesn't interfere with my freedom to free from jackasses.

The beauty of being in the U.S. that we have systems in place to deal with issues while the rest of the world has to put up with whatever crap the government and its enforcers impose. Our system is far from perfect in that regard, but please don't whine about a lack of freedom in the U.S. You have it so good you don't even know it.
Laws that are arbitrary and vague and do erode my freedom. When Texas doesn't place decimal limits on exhaust that leaves it to the officer to "decide" what is "too loud". How do you fight that in court? Me against the officer and he just says "it's too loud" and I'm guilty of breaking a law no one can tell me how exactly I broke it.

There seems to be laws that are designed to make things illegal because something annoyed someone "loud exhaust" or because something become popular with certain people "under car lights" "low riders" "cold air intakes".

Those last 3 things tend to be illegal in one way or another. And yes California seems to take mod laws to the extreme.

Thank God I never plan on living there. Mainly because of Cost of Living.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I don't know what you're talking about. I've lived here for 15 years and aside from a few isolated incidents in the news I have never seen or heard anything regarding corruption of the local police forces in Louisiana. They have always been nice and honest with me, and if anything they've probably let me go more times than they should have. In 15 years of being pulled over I should have run into at least one PITA cop, right? You must buy into stereotypes easily.
The fact you think that is a response to what I said is shocking. Those "few" incidents are more then other places of similar size

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Laws that are arbitrary and vague and do erode my freedom.
Thanks for your comment. That's another thing entirely. Badly written laws are able to be challenged so it's surprising to me that any loosely written noise law could survive the process, maybe Texas is just special in that regard. I think the police are often uninformed regarding the law, rights, and so forth, and rely on judges to back them up, judges that could be very biased, depending on location. That's why certain attorney's will file cases in certain parts of the country so that they go to trial in a favorable environment. Lots of recent voter suppression laws were struck down in several states. The point being, the system does work, eventually, even if everyone is not 100% happy with the result.
Sponsored