Sponsored

Air Lift Performance Issues

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Couple of things I've found with my air lift performance system.

First is, that when going from my max ride height (getting in and out of the garage) at 95 psi in all 4 corners to normal ride height, the system doesn't reach ride height at the first attempt. My normal ride height is set to 50 psi front and 75 psi rear. The rear gets pretty close, usually around 76 or 77 psi, bu the front only gets to around 56 or 57 psi.
When going from max ride height to normal ride height it all drops fairly quick as it should, but then the front jumps back up a little.
Going from aired out to normal ride height isn't a problem, its gets there fine. It's only when going from max height to normal.

Second thing is, what adjustable end links are those of you with the kit using? I'm running the BMR ones, and the fronts are way too long, and the sway bar fouls with the suspension arms, so i need a much shorter adjustable end link, as i honestly don't trust the little one that comes with the kit.

Thanks guys!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone?

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bump....

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Don't think there's a lot of people on here on air. Better bet is an fb group

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Mine does the same. If you are worried about the 5-6 psi then you are worried about things you shouldn't be.

Sponsored

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
I have thought about air ride. How much does it cost to install and is it as good as I hear for ride quality and stability.

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mine does the same. If you are worried about the 5-6 psi then you are worried about things you shouldn't be.
Well, the 5-6 psi means the front rides higher than what alignment is set to, so it’s not running the way it should. On my car, it makes a ride height difference of nearly 10mm. It’s also annoying that the car bounces up and down a couple of times before it settles.
If you’re happy to settle for something that isn’t working the way it should, then I’m happy for you. I’ve paid for a product to do a job, and if it doesn’t do it right then I want to get it rectified.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Sounds like your air drains are draining to fast going past the psi limit then having to refill to get the desired psi causing the up and down. Maybe you can restrict how fast the drains drain the air to make it so it doesn't do that anymore. I work on school busses and they have electric drains on the air tanks for the brake test, it's a common thing to put a restriction on the drain valve to better control hoe fast the tank drains to have an accurate test.

vishenneel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neel
Vehicle(s)
18 mustang gt
How do you guys adjust the rear struts ?
because I have very little room(distance between the top mount and shock body) on my struts when on ride height due to which today on a pothole i broke my rear top mount.
Sponsored