Advice on Finding a Clean Mach 1

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Have you tried autotempest? I did a quick search and there are 19 within 300 miles of me. A couple are under 1000 miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I'm in zero rush. The sports market is cold as ice right now, and dealerships are feeling the pinch. The days of asking new car money for used cars is over, and things will only continue to get better as the year progresses.
This is true overall. I am a little rushed since I want to sell my car before I eat through my current tires and before I put a ton more miles.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Have you tried autotempest? I did a quick search and there are 19 within 300 miles of me. A couple are under 1000 miles.
yeah, itā€™s my main source. Options are kinda limited relative to me (San Diego). All cars with features I donā€™t want

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Been a while since I've used the forum. Let me try to post a pic of the car I viewed in Mischievous Purple:

430143934_426906143194203_486655881600078754_n.jpg
429639807_872287241337917_8620067560555203930_n.jpg
People either love MP or they dont. I bought it for the color change. Its blue sometimes off the side opposite the sun. Black when its cloudy or dark. And the purple is amazing in direct sun. With some of my sunglasses it even looks maroon.

IMG_4019.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_3530.jpeg

IMG_3529.jpeg

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
That was the first MP car Iā€™ve seen in person. Probably didnā€™t do it just viewing the car on a cloudy day. Had to get my iPhone out and use the flashlight up close to see the purple metallic.

The Mach 1s look great in most colorsā€¦. canā€™t say I love Fighter Jet grey, never liked the Nardo color scheme that came into fashion, but that seems to be the most popular color Iā€™m seeing on the M1s for sale.

Think Iā€™m also going to test drive a manual Dark Horse as there are several nearby for sale, and Iā€™m interested to see how it drives.

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Funnily enough, my last 2 long term cars have been auto trans - 5 years ownership of a 6r80 2015 Mustang GT, 1 year with a M6 trans Corvette, then 3 years with a Mercedes C43 (Had 2 infant kids and needed to accommodate car seats).

This time around Iā€™m leaning towards manual transā€¦but I do wonder if Iā€™ve been spoilt driving auto for the last 8 years šŸ˜† Test driving a stick shift and living with one are 2 different things. Granted this is a 2nd car for me, but still, I plan to drive it a bunch, so I need to be happy with my transmission choice. I know the A10 gets great reviews and I should probably test drive one of those also, for comparisonā€¦

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Bruce 8858

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 #3009
Go to cargurus.com, open the filter up to ā€œnationwideā€ and then do the filter for the Mach 1. Thereā€™s tons of nice M1ā€™s out thereā€¦.

Donā€™t limit yourself to just your area when searching, youā€™d be surprised at prices across the country - and in some instances you can find a decent car and have it shipped sometimes less than finding one localā€¦
Plane tickets can be cheap when youā€™re saving $$$. Also the drive back home will be fun. šŸ˜€

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Plane tickets can be cheap when youā€™re saving $$$. Also the drive back home will be fun. šŸ˜€
true but I am starting a new job so itā€™s not like I can just take time off last minute rn. It has to be shipped to me or it ainā€™t happening.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Funnily enough, my last 2 long term cars have been auto trans - 5 years ownership of a 6r80 2015 Mustang GT, 1 year with a M6 trans Corvette, then 3 years with a Mercedes C43 (Had 2 infant kids and needed to accommodate car seats).

This time around Iā€™m leaning towards manual transā€¦but I do wonder if Iā€™ve been spoilt driving auto for the last 8 years šŸ˜† Test driving a stick shift and living with one are 2 different things. Granted this is a 2nd car for me, but still, I plan to drive it a bunch, so I need to be happy with my transmission choice. I know the A10 gets great reviews and I should probably test drive one of those also, for comparisonā€¦
I will warn you that the 10 speed is mildly risky. Obviously I am not too scared as I am getting a second one but my current 10 speed does some weird stuff (clunk into reverse and drive). Basically what I am getting at is if you owned several 10 speed cars, probably one of them would eventually develop weird characteristics or have an issue. Again more a consideration and less a reason to not get one.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I had mine shipped from Corpus Cristie to Cleveland and it only cost me 800

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I will warn you that the 10 speed is mildly risky. Obviously I am not too scared as I am getting a second one but my current 10 speed does some weird stuff (clunk into reverse and drive). Basically what I am getting at is if you owned several 10 speed cars, probably one of them would eventually develop weird characteristics or have an issue. Again more a consideration and less a reason to not get one.
A10 m1 trans was revised. Mine is smooth, except when going sometimes from 4-3-2-1 in sport mode and not being aggressive. It just clunks, but overall feels way better than my 18 EB.
Also, the 2022-2023 you can get rid of the carb filter and get the HP back. Also after getting rid of it, my car feels healthier.
Most M1 are FJG because that was an ā€œexclusiveā€ color for the m1, no other Mustang has a shade close to that. Even thou you can get bronco, mavericks and other cars in ā€œcactus grayā€, it looks better in the M1.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
A10 m1 trans was revised. Mine is smooth, except when going sometimes from 4-3-2-1 in sport mode and not being aggressive. It just clunks, but overall feels way better than my 18 EB.
Also, the 2022-2023 you can get rid of the carb filter and get the HP back. Also after getting rid of it, my car feels healthier.
Most M1 are FJG because that was an ā€œexclusiveā€ color for the m1, no other Mustang has a shade close to that. Even thou you can get bronco, mavericks and other cars in ā€œcactus grayā€, it looks better in the M1.
Oh yes, the software is different. I am saying that the 10 speed isnā€™t full proof mechanically either. They are not terrible on reliability but not great by any stretch.

Yeah I donā€™t love fighter jet grey but I could roll with it if the car had other aspects that made it appealing (price condition, features, prior owner already did PPF etc). My only ā€œhell nahā€ colors are Black and White.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

I donā€™t think this question fits anywhere other than general. My apologies if this should be elsewhere.

I currently own a semi problematic Mustang GT PP1 10 Speed. It pushed me over the edge to deciding I wanted to get a Mach 1 Premium 10 Speed in the hopes itā€™s a better example. Itā€™ll also just be a better car by every metric especially in terms of dynamics and sharpness (drove one in the past). However, the issue I have is these things arenā€™t common and I have specific features. I also donā€™t want white or black (and even though Iā€™d take it fighter jet gray is my least favorite of the colors Iā€™d take). For some reason those are the three most common colors. Also Iā€™d rather have the regular premium seats ans opposed to recaros (not a deal breaker if the car has other great aspects) Also going to be somewhat picky on vehicle history and bugs I notice in a test drive. Other than looking on the usual websites do you guys have any tips for someone like me who is seeking a not super common car with specific features? Thanks!
the GT what level performance package?