Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
if you can plan ahead you can cache the maps beforehand so you don't run into this problem. that said, definitely had this happen to me on my last trip to Montreal for the F1 race. As soon as we hit Canada it went to roaming and I'll be damned if I'm paying those rates. Rather be lost.
Agreed. My last trip to Sao Paulo I ran up $50 in data charges using my phone as a GPS in a week. Was it better than being lost? Yes but it just shows that without data your phone is kind of useless for directions.

I ordered without Nav unfortunately. :doh: When I decided I wanted to add it they had already built my car (less than 2 weeks from order date). So I am looking at adding it down the road. But I agree the 995 price is too high for an APIM. That will come down as at that price there will be room for competitors in the marketplace. Just give it some time. Maybe once Sync3 is out Ford will be more open to making this available to us Sync2 customers.

Then there will be the hacks. Interested to see what happens in this area.
Sponsored

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
if you can plan ahead you can cache the maps beforehand so you don't run into this problem. that said, definitely had this happen to me on my last trip to Montreal for the F1 race. As soon as we hit Canada it went to roaming and I'll be damned if I'm paying those rates. Rather be lost.
Try out the Nokia Here Navigation app if you have an android phone. It let's you cache whole countries and does not need a data connection after that. It's very similar to Google Maps...

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
But it already has a gps antenna, how else would sync services download and give you turn by turn directions?

It's more than a SD Card. You need an additional module installed in the radio, the GPS puck and antenna cable.

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
The APIM has to be provisioned for NAV. All the hardware exists in a non NAV MFT system.
Sponsored