Sponsored

Add resonator or switch cat back?

Add Borla resonator internal h pipe or switch to ma I just need magnaflow street catback?

• Total voters

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Borla resonator. Or you can get some high flow cats like someone else in the thread did. Or find a set of the GT500 cats (they would require some retrofitting but I believe at least one person here has done it, could be mistaken though).
Mine showed up today. Can't wait to get it installed... :)

IMG_0946.jpeg
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Mine showed up today. Can't wait to get it installed... :)

IMG_0946.jpeg
Should tone yours down a fair amount. I really like Borla, their fit and finish is just top notch. I’m heavily considering getting a full catback. I love the S Type, my favorite aftermarket exhaust for these cars. BUT, you can only get the CF tips on the ATAK, and I REALLY like their CF tips. The price tag I can’t justify right now though (dang near $3k 🥵).

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Should tone yours down a fair amount. I really like Borla, their fit and finish is just top notch. I’m heavily considering getting a full catback. I love the S Type, my favorite aftermarket exhaust for these cars. BUT, you can only get the CF tips on the ATAK, and I REALLY like their CF tips. The price tag I can’t justify right now though (dang near $3k 🥵).
Yeah I get the "brother in law" discount, and can go pick up at the plant in Johnson City so there's that. I got the full active cat back. It is steep for sure. But with the headers, the X pipe is a bit much...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah I get the "brother in law" discount, and can go pick up at the plant in Johnson City so there's that. I got the full active cat back. It is steep for sure. But with the headers, the X pipe is a bit much...
Oooh, what is this “brother in law” discount?? Curiosity is now piqued.

Sponsored

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Oooh, what is this “brother in law” discount?? Curiosity is now piqued.
I can't tell or I have to , You know :) Not gonna get banned for that phrase LOL...

Duston@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i GT
My coworker Steve has a very similar setup. Catless headers, Borla S type and Borla Resonator. IMO it is the perfect sound level for these cars and produces a beautiful deep tone.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I'm catless due to being boosted. I got the Borla touring with the Borla resonator while stock. While catted and not boosted, the tone and sound level was just right. Going boosted and after a few WOT episodes, it seems as though the volume level has gone up. I have read on this forum that the Borla resonator is fiberglass packed. Borla makes a resonator for the Ford Performance exhaust system and IIRC, it's not packed, I'm assuming it uses baffles or some mechanical method of sound reduction. I'm going to switch to the Ford Performance by Borla resonator to see if the sound level will come down to my comfort zone. I'm hoping that the Ford Performance by Borla has the same dimensions as the Borla resonator.
Sponsored