Sponsored

Add DRL 2016 Ecoboost

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Give me a few , I'll pull up a wiring diagram . Those are called signiture lights and are not really controlled by the bcm on how they work . Your car is a us car and not built for export ? That does make a difference on how they work .
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
Yea, it’s a US spec car. I purchased it used and it was originally put in service as a rental. Not sure why a rental car company would order a DRL delete but anything is possible.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Give me second to look at a wiring diagram. This is an us car and not an export ?

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to so long . OK since the park lights turn on the the led that circuit is OK . Now when the head lights are off the led should light . Check fuse 68 in the battery junction box , both sides of the fuse . If OK you will have to pull a headlight and check pin 3 of the connector . Those lights get 12 volts at pin 3 to turn on when the ignition switch is turned to the run position . Again these are not considered drl lights , when you have the bcm Programe to turn on the drl lights they power up the fog lamps .

OP
OP

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
Holy crap......you sir, are a freaking rock star. Fuse 68 was blown, I replaced it and they just came on and seen to be working perfectly. When I start the car, just the LED’s come on, nothing else. I have my headlamps in auto mode. When I manually turn on my headlights, everything including the fog lamps come on and the LED’s stay on. I think my problem is fixed! No idea why the fuse was blown but it was apparently that way when I got th e car.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your welcome

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I would take what dealers say with a pinch of salt they told me I could not get auto locking doors when I get up to speed.. Guess what I managed to add it myself with forscan amongst other cool hidden features

From the modifying as built code section:

Allow All Alternate DRL Options (Restrictions Removed - No Invalid Configuration Errors):

BdyCM (As-Built Modifications)

Allow All DRL Choices:
726-45-01: xxxx 7Fxx xxxx

Enabled DRL Selection:
726-50-01: XXxx

XX:

01 = Disabled / Parking Lights Only (See change below)
02 = Low Beams
04 = Front Fog Lamps
08 = Front Turn Lamps
10 = Dedicated DRL Lights (LED Light Bars/Strips) - Enables BCM DRL Outputs - C2280F Pins 36 (Right) and 40 (Left)
20 = High Beams
40 = Low Beams and Dedicated DRL Lights

Optional: Enable DRL Parking Lights:
Can be combined with other DRL options above
726-26-02: x1xx xxxx xxxx

Optional: Disable DRL Switchback w/Turn Signal:
726-26-02: xxx0 xxxx xxxx

On/Off for these is controlled from the Instrument Cluster DRL Control.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I can't imgaine wanting DRLs.

I can pull that fuse 68, and they'll be off? With no idiot lights or warnings on the dash?

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
I can't imgaine wanting DRLs.

I can pull that fuse 68, and they'll be off? With no idiot lights or warnings on the dash?
My insurance company (USAA) offers a discount with DRL's, not much buy any discount is still a discount.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My insurance company (USAA) offers a discount with DRL's, not much buy any discount is still a discount.
:lol::lol:

Insurance is a complete racket. Just complete b.s.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
The DRLs should be the three LED “slashes” inside each headlamp, right? Mine are always lit up when the car is running.
No. The DRLs at least in Canada are the fog lights.

Also in an automatic the DRLs don't come on until the car is put into gear. They are off while it's in park.

In a manual they are off as long as the parking brake is engaged. Once you take the parking brake off (manual only) the DRLs come on.

urmas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Urmas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017
Okay, but what about (probably) "Exports"?
I have a 2017-2018 Ecoboost Premium, bought it from Manchester, UK and almost as new (300mi on odometer), so I assume the fuse is not the problem.
DRL's never come on and the settings cannot be found in dash cluster either (still talking about those 3 stripes).
Is there any way to know for sure the DRL's are physically not there? Without having to take the first bumper apart (as its the only way to get to the main headlights).
Secondly, if they are 100% not there, does anybody know a suitable replacement kit and/or a topic in this forum, on how to add them (for exports)?
I know that for example Diode Dynamics has a RGBW replacement kits etc, but where to plug it when there is no standard DRLs previously installed, would be my next question.

Thanks for any help from Estonia!
Sponsored