Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Not performing how I would expect with 710 whp​
Either from the manual, or something else hindering you​
For the record, I raced a c7 vs my gt500 when I was completely stock, doing pulls around 40-60 … by the time I would get to 110 I would have a solid school bus or two in between us. That was average from 5 runs. There was never a need to get to 130 for the gap to be ridiculous.​
It was so bad in fact, the guy was yelling “you’re not stock!!” with the windows down after about the third run when he realized it wasn’t a fluke. I don’t think he knew what a GT500 was.​
another story​
I had a 2019 PP1 with the a10. With just a catback exhaust I beat a stock c7 on the street with it as well.​

Guess its time to 🔥 This rag down.
Maybe I'll just take it back to cat back it'll put up a better fight. 😆

But seriously,
I don't know. Either the nannies and shit tires were hurting it or something going on with engine. I'll know soon enough when it gets on dyno if something is off because it's not showing anything out of the blue on the scanner Or compression, leakdown test.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cam303

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I sold my 18 Grand Sport in early 2022 for more than I paid for it new thinking prices would drop and I would pick up a Z06. 2 years later and even the Grand Sports have not come down much and I will only buy another manual. I picked up a low mile Mach 1 in the mean time because I can't find another C7 similar to what I had. As soon as I find one the Mach is gone. Selling that car was a terrible decision that I regret.
I had a nicely modded 13 Boss302 when I bought the Grand Sport also and sold it a year later because I never wanted to drive it with the Grand Sport there.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess its time to 🔥 This rag down.
Maybe I'll just take it back to cat back it'll put up a better fight. 😆

But seriously,
I don't know. Either the nannies and shit tires were hurting it or something going on with engine. I'll know soon enough when it gets on dyno if something is off because it's not showing anything out of the blue on the scanner Or compression, leakdown test.
It was just being in 4th not 3rd

In 3rd at 60 I will leave a car like that pretty good right from the hit

In 4th I will just slowly walk away

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree with you, the GS is the C7 I would go for (and I shop for on and off). I would ditch the stock wheels in a heartbeat for a nice set of forged wheels (most likely Signature Wheels).
Yes, I agree plan to swap out the wheels if you buy one. Or buy one with a set of wheels you like already installed.

Watching the reviews of the higher powered versions my understanding is the chassis can't handle big power - or they didn't set it up in a way to handle it.

And then a lot of them had trouble with inadequate cooling. But I think the GS powertrain and chassis are really well set up for good handling.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Yeah that 4th gesr surely didnt help. Ill get the r2. Anything has to be better then these g2.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Robvas is your car boosted too?

Midwestracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I had the 888r hooked ok at 800rwhp but scary if any rain went to the az850s and am impressed with them all around when i really wanna get down i have a drag pack with etRs

Sponsored

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I sold my 18 Grand Sport in early 2022 for more than I paid for it new thinking prices would drop and I would pick up a Z06. 2 years later and even the Grand Sports have not come down much and I will only buy another manual. I picked up a low mile Mach 1 in the mean time because I can't find another C7 similar to what I had. As soon as I find one the Mach is gone. Selling that car was a terrible decision that I regret.
I had a nicely modded 13 Boss302 when I bought the Grand Sport also and sold it a year later because I never wanted to drive it with the Grand Sport there.
I have a 22 mach hp and you really love the C7 that much more??

OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I had the 888r hooked ok at 800rwhp but scary if any rain went to the az850s and am impressed with them all around when i really wanna get down i have a drag pack with etRs

I been hearing good things about the Atturo az850. And the price is great on them.

I have 305/35r19 on now. They only have 305/30r19. Or a 285/35r19. The 30 series will make my gear ratio alittle worse. The 285/35 is close to what I have now just .8" narrower.

Last edited:

Midwestracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That sucks cause I'm impressed they hook as good as my 888r just about but no worries about rain and last way longer but I'm on a 20" wheel

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I have a 22 mach hp and you really love the C7 that much more??
The C7 Grand Sport is a bad dude. If you can add about 50hp to one with bolt ons I think it might be about the best Vette possible.