Sponsored

70% Insurance Rate Increase

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Anyone else get slapped with an increase? I've heard, and I can understand a moderate increase, but this is ridiculous. Even the CS rep was baffled. After a 15 minute hold and talking to her manager, it basically came down to increase in accidents regarding either the GT350 or the Mustang in general.
I just got my R about a month ago so idk if there was an increase or not but my track pack GT350 was ~$150/mo in 2015/2016. My R is $202.46/mo. T.T
Sponsored

Supercup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Z/28 - Shelby FP350s (future)
Anyone know anything about Geico? I ran through their online quoting engine and they came out much less than I pay now. Did the same with progressive and they were also much less. There must be a catch to these rates. The phrase "you get what you pay for" is coming to mind but I'd love to hear about experiences with Geico or Progressive with nice cars.
I have Progressive on my boat and a few watercraft. they have always been reasonable and I got rear ended towing the boat. Snapped the drive off - no other real damage. The other carrier would not pay out, saying their client got hit from behind by car behind them (which was not true) who was uninsured.

Progressive sent someone out next day, authorized new drive and gimbal and sent me a check within a week, as I was going on vacation, so I wanted it fixed right then. Took them 15 months to collect - I got email 1 time per month with update on process. after 15 months I received a 2nd check for my deductible. They could not have made the process easier.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Where I live, all the insurance companies did a rate increase. It affected all of my cars....State Farm has a little device, they SWEAR, only measures miles driven and not speed. I get "graded" on how fast I accelerate, the speed I drive and how fast I take turns lol....I have gotten less than good (lmao) grades in those areas and no rate increase, but my rate dropped by having it and keeping my miles at 7500 a year....I pay about 105 a month for my 350 with 300/100, under/unins, towing, rental and $500 deductible. My RS is 120, and my Audi is 67.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Where I live, all the insurance companies did a rate increase. It affected all of my cars....State Farm has a little device, they SWEAR, only measures miles driven and not speed. I get "graded" on how fast I accelerate, the speed I drive and how fast I take turns lol....I have gotten less than good (lmao) grades in those areas and no rate increase, but my rate dropped by having it and keeping my miles at 7500 a year....I pay about 105 a month for my 350 with 300/100, under/unins, towing, rental and $500 deductible. My RS is 120, and my Audi is 67.
I've had metromile on my previous car, which is the same basis where you plug in their OBDII dongle. They give you great rates if you don't drive much annually, as they charge a base rate + miles. I wanted to get down into the nitty and gritty details, since it was potentially going on the Shelby. They say they track everything, but only pay attention to the miles so they can calculate the rate. When I asked them if that's all they used it for, why did they bother tracking all the other metrics like speed. The best answer they could give me was "just because". Still kept them for the wife's car though until recently. In the end, if you speed, you shouldn't have a insurance companies tracking device on your car. Who knows what they will do with even more of your personal info and habits in the future. Better to not give them ammunition to shoot you with.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Well, truth is I don't speed much , lol...

Maybe 10 over on the highway....I don't mess around on city streets and I creep through residentials...When I autocross, the little box stays home ;)

Sponsored

funkbrotherj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm jealous of all of you. My 6-month is
VEHICLE TOTAL PREMIUM
2012 Ford Fusion Sport 917.36
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350 1156.99

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have Progressive. A few days ago I traded my 2015 Lexus RCF for a new GT350. My 6 month rate dropped by 79 cents. Yes, that's cents. I was like. Wtf? Ok.
Sponsored