Sponsored

70% Insurance Rate Increase

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I personally know that State Farm is big on recycled parts and non-OEM.
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Next time you guys shop around check out country financial, its the cheapest ive found.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Amica has always been good to me. I had them before, and also for my first year of ownership for the GT350. Progressive use to be one of the more expensive options, and now it's the cheapest I can find that's still a relatively reputable company.
Same here - Amica has been great. But I could not justify $1000 extra per year. I will go back if their rates become competitive.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Amazing how you guys are paying so much to insure your cars, my GT350 is costing me only $550/year with $500 deductible on everything.
It's actually costing $50 less to insure than my ex '16 GT. :eyebulge:

I'm fully covered bumper to bumper at that price. I've been driving for 34 years and have a almost perfect driving record.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Amazing how you guys are paying so much to insure your cars, my GT350 is costing me only $550/year with $500 deductible on everything.
It's actually costing $50 less to insure than my ex '16 GT. :eyebulge:

I'm fully covered bumper to bumper at that price. I've been driving for 34 years and have a almost perfect driving record.
That's dirt cheap, holy crap. I wonder if it's because you're in Canada, or your long driving record, or both?

Sponsored

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
All rates going up on all cars. Industry wide shift related to increase cost of repairs and overall payouts. I may convert a few of the cars to collector insurance with grundy.

Madigon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
If you don't drive your GT350 much, or only take on long trips to the countryside, you might be interested in metromile.com which attaches a GPS receiver to your OBD-II port and you pay per mile traveled.

It's a silicon valley thing, but I use it on my moth-balled 2010 GT until I can sell/transfer it to a family member. If my rates go up significantly I'll move the GT350 on there as well.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
That's dirt cheap, holy crap. I wonder if it's because you're in Canada, or your long driving record, or both?
Might have to do with both actually, but keep in mind that Montreal was or still is the car theft capital of North America.:eyebulge:

When they gave me the quote for the GT350 and came out cheaper than the GT, i asked that they re-calculate again just to be sure i wasn't dreaming.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My insurance just went up $400 for 6-months... for a regular 'ol GT. No accidents in over a decade. No tickets in 5 years. No claims in 3 years (hail damage that was actually covered by a disaster fund).

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If you don't drive your GT350 much, or only take on long trips to the countryside, you might be interested in metromile.com which attaches a GPS receiver to your OBD-II port and you pay per mile traveled.

It's a silicon valley thing, but I use it on my moth-balled 2010 GT until I can sell/transfer it to a family member. If my rates go up significantly I'll move the GT350 on there as well.
I have metro for my wife's car, and thought about getting it for the GT350, as it was cheaper. Because of the... nature of the car, I inquired about how they keep their data. They track all the data accessible through the OBD-II port, although they say they don't use the data for calculating your current or future rates, I don't trust them. If they didn't care for the data at all, they wouldn't track it in the first place.

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I keep seeing "married, great credit" blah blah - they don't care. It's your location. If you live in Florida for instance your rates will go up regardless because the DMV hands out licenses to morons. Michigan even worse.

Sports cars in general are high risk cars, purpose built track cars like the GT350 even worse.

Everyone from Kia owners to GT350 owners will see big increases in the coming years. Thanks to government safety regulations and all these new high tech safety sensors in cars, small things like a broken tail light etc can run up over 900 bucks to replace. The insurance companies are adjusting across the board. I had a conversation with a USAA agent about it last month (I don't even insure with them) and he mentioned the rates will be up for all, in fact they just went through a training course covering this.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
All rates going up on all cars. Industry wide shift related to increase cost of repairs and overall payouts.
Bingo!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No increase here yet. I only pay for 8 months out of the year. It's asleep inside the garage for 4 months
With a 1000 deductable, I pay 550/year and use farm bureau. I have everything in umbrella coverage.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Same thing just happened to me, just renewed my 6-month premium and it went up $60, I called Geico and they told my there's an increase of claims in my zip code which made rates go up.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
That's not exactly a lie, funny my zip code had same thing happen.
Sponsored