Sponsored

6th gen SS vs GT PP

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Q: Why is the SS "track ready" with all the extra coolers?

A: Because it has to be. C7's with the A8 transmission (before the cooling revision) were overheating and going into limp mode when wrung out on the track. Without the additional coolers the Gen 6 with the A8 wouldn't likely have even been able to handle spirited driving on the streets. It's not that they wanted to make it "track capable" out of the box, it's because they couldn't figure out a way to keep the drivetrain effective otherwise.

GM literally cannot remove all the coolers and "track ready" components without basically rendering the A8 SS impotent. What GM could have done is not make the RS package standard, that would have reduced the price of the SS by about $1,000.

Frankly it would have made for a more attractive pricing point and feature list for someone who wants the lightest Camaro SS possible (a 1SS) and true performance oriented tires and wheels (19") since the rotors and calipers are smaller now, you don't need 20"'s to fit over them, you can run 19".

They could also have made the HUD, larger center screen and reconfigurable gauge screen optional on the 1SS to cut the price another $700 or so.

Those alone would have put the 1SS at around $35,700 to start..and right about $37,000 with the auto.
very well said.the ss wouldnt have lasted 15 on the street with out blowing up or over heating.if they do another zl1,it will have the same issues.:lol:
Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Idk I dont have small pecker syndrome that I care about the SS in the lane next to me and the .3 sec quicker 0-60 it does. Also not racing someone on the city streets to get in a wreck or a huge ticket that will only hurt my pocket.

Buying a car over another based on performance numbers in the literal fractions of seconds difference is flat out retarded without considering price, comfort, looks etc.
If I were worried about that I'd have to be in a Miata just to make up for the massive size. :thumbsup:

-Emt1581

Agarc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carandsoulcustoms.com
First Name
Ant
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Idk I dont have small pecker syndrome that I care about the SS in the lane next to me and the .3 sec quicker 0-60 it does. Also not racing someone on the city streets to get in a wreck or a huge ticket that will only hurt my pocket.

Buying a car over another based on performance numbers in the literal fractions of seconds difference is flat out retarded without considering price, comfort, looks etc.
stock for stock its fine thats part of the game gm and ford will always one up each other cause they want to make money .. but at the end of the day 9 out of 10 times when a race does happen be it in mexico or on the track very rare does anyone race stock. hell half the guys here on the forum were modded in the next few days to weeks after they got the car..lol i know i was , im like im going to try an enjoy the car first and then bam suddenly i have intake exhaust and wheels and im like now how did that happen lol

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Anybody know the sales for january for the Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro?

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Repost from thread in case anybody is interested:

Jan 2015: 8,694

Jan 2016: 7,580

Camaro Jan 2016: 5,551

Challenger Jan 2016: 5,085

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
stock for stock its fine thats part of the game gm and ford will always one up each other cause they want to make money .. but at the end of the day 9 out of 10 times when a race does happen be it in mexico or on the track very rare does anyone race stock. hell half the guys here on the forum were modded in the next few days to weeks after they got the car..lol i know i was , im like im going to try an enjoy the car first and then bam suddenly i have intake exhaust and wheels and im like now how did that happen lol
THIS.

Worrying about stock performance numbers is simply just flat out mind blowingly retarded. It's for fanbois to boast about what a magazine or piece of paper says; considering we're talking LESS THAN 1/2 second here either way.

If you're racing you're 99.99% modded in some fashion. Otherwise you're in the 16-25 range and too immature to be convinced otherwise that you just aren't that cool.

Last edited:

Rice_Stang_Vroom

MustangNoob
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MustangNoob
Vehicle(s)
Compact Japanese - Zoom^3
I went to the car show last Friday and finally had the chance to sit in a SS. We all know what most Mustang owners dislike about the new gen 6 SS - visibility, interior design, and maybe some on the exterior styling.

I have to say while the exterior styling is better looking in person the visibility inside is true to what everyone had mentioned from forums. I don't believe I can ever get used the small rear window with high trunk line. The overall size of that window is equivalent to two 21" monitors side by side. Even with reverse camera and radar I can imagine it is troublesome to drive on the highway being not able to see behind you.

Another thing I dislike about the SS is the seats. While the leather material is softer and the cushions are more comfortable comparing to Mustang they lack the thigh bolstering and lumbar support. I believe if S550 doesn't exist I would totally buy the Camaro simply because it is still the best value sporty car out there in the market.

Shout-out to the car show for Miata, ATS V coupe, M235i, TT, and aging 370z Nismo.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I went to the car show last Friday and finally had the chance to sit in a SS. We all know what most Mustang owners dislike about the new gen 6 SS - visibility, interior design, and maybe some on the exterior styling.

I have to say while the exterior styling is better looking in person the visibility inside is true to what everyone had mentioned from forums. I don't believe I can ever get used the small rear window with high trunk line. The overall size of that window is equivalent to two 21" monitors side by side. Even with reverse camera and radar I can imagine it is troublesome to drive on the highway being not able to see behind you.

Another thing I dislike about the SS is the seats. While the leather material is softer and the cushions are more comfortable comparing to Mustang they lack the thigh bolstering and lumbar support. I believe if S550 doesn't exist I would totally buy the Camaro simply because it is still the best value sporty car out there in the market.

Shout-out to the car show for Miata, ATS V coupe, M235i, TT, and aging 370z Nismo.
My girlfriend really liked the 370 Nismo that was on display at the Portland Auto Show...for being as elderly as it is..it's still a really cool car.

Rice_Stang_Vroom

MustangNoob
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MustangNoob
Vehicle(s)
Compact Japanese - Zoom^3
My girlfriend really liked the 370 Nismo that was on display at the Portland Auto Show...for being as elderly as it is..it's still a really cool car.

Yea! It is still a very pretty car but the boy racer design is a little too "loud" for my age and taste. I would love to own that car if I can afford a second car.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yah same at the DC show...but they really need to get a new version of it out.

They had a GT350 at the car show also...the hood on the GT350 is just money...wish they'd put that on the base GT...like it a lot better without the huge bulge in the middle on the base GT.

Having seen the Camaro gauges, the Challenger ones and the new Audi Virtual cockpit, Ford really needs to get moving with their stuff like they have in the F-150. Should be on the premium GTs by now.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Yah same at the DC show...but they really need to get a new version of it out.

They had a GT350 at the car show also...the hood on the GT350 is just money...wish they'd put that on the base GT...like it a lot better without the huge bulge in the middle on the base GT.
Soon....

This will be modified to fit on my car,First fiberglass hood out of the tool. Once it fits, we are going to make another tool to make GT350 style hoods .Then voyage to build a 6G 1LE Hunter starts with the Carbon Fiber version.
12654485_10201127308061287_1170471392875335724_n.jpg

Last edited:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Soon....

This will be modified to fit on my car,First fiberglass hood out of the tool. Once it fits, we are going to make another tool to make GT350 style hoods .Then voyage to build a 6G 1LE Hunter starts with the Carbon Fiber version.
Damn you're making your own GT350 hood? Nice. Would love to see this hood minus center intake with the venting from the standard GT as a 2nd option. Keep us posted on this project.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Damn you're making your own GT350 hood? Nice. Would love to see this hood minus center intake with the venting from the standard GT as a 2nd option. Keep us posted on this project.
A friend of mine Todd, owns Helion Composites. So I working with him to bring it to market. I don't want to derail the thread. So maybe I'll start a build thread for the car and put more information in there.

In short it will likely just the the stylized hood, because next up is fenders. That would required either another tool, which is alot of time and money, or a bonded insert and templates to cut into and existing hood.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
A friend of mine Todd, owns Helion Composites. So I working with him to bring it to market. I don't want to derail the thread. So maybe I'll start a build thread for the car and put more information in there.

In short it will likely just the the stylized hood, because next up is fenders. That would required either another tool, which is alot of time and money, or a bonded insert and templates to cut into and existing hood.
Nice work! So have you put this on your car to see how much it improves visibility across the front, especially the right fender (you obviously cannot see the current right turn signals on the '16 due to the bulge).

It's a sick hood, makes the profile just look amazing also. Whenever I get mine, if they don't change the hood, I'll be looking to buy yours. :thumbsup: Also nice on the fenders...I think those really help finish the lines on the GT350.
Sponsored