Sponsored

582hp/442lb-ft from factory, what do I need to do?

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Any chance you can change that plan of attack to add e85 at the very end of the plan? It would give all a better idea of what the upgrades are picking up on 93 octane tune. Looking forward to your results and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok
Sponsored

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It looks like the gt350 hood has that area already modified to fit the CJ manifold [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Like ford meant it to be used on it. Just hope it clears the other areas. I'll keep you posted. What really warms my heart is all the kind things people said about me when they thought I was gone lol. Thanks for the support of interest!
Back in the fox body days 1990s I also did a lot of experimental testing. Can't get a small block into the 8s without trying. :cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yep. Like ford meant it to be used on it. Just hope it clears the other areas. I'll keep you posted. What really warms my heart is all the kind things people said about me when they thought I was gone lol. Thanks for the support of interest!
Back in the fox body days 1990s I also did a lot of experimental testing. Can't get a small block into the 8s without trying. :cheers:
I didn't say anything... Just sayin!'

Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Okay, so we see that a cross plane crank 5.2 voodoo headed with cj intake and larger throttle body running cams with a gt350 lobe profile will pull 582 hp. I imagine the flat plane crank is good for 10-15 hp over a cross plane due to better scavenging and filling so this setup on a voodoo should make about 600 flywheel.
So, on a voodoo, 74 hp for a tune (i imagine it got a power tune with these parts), CJ manifold/TB and headers....sounds good to me and roughly inline with what a Boss gains with the same mods.
Still can't wait to hear longtubes on this beast.

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Okay, so we see that a cross plane crank 5.2 voodoo headed with cj intake and larger throttle body running cams with a gt350 lobe profile will pull 582 hp. I imagine the flat plane crank is good for 10-15 hp over a cross plane due to better scavenging and filling so this setup on a voodoo should make about 600 flywheel.
So, on a voodoo, 74 hp for a tune (i imagine it got a power tune with these parts), CJ manifold/TB and headers....sounds good to me and roughly inline with what a Boss gains with the same mods.
Still can't wait to hear longtubes on this beast.
Me either. I'm dying for them to get here. And it's a warm winter here in Michigan so far but that's gonna change soon. I at least want to hear it and I'll post it once I do. I have always like rpm over psi. Something about a high compression high reving small block get me.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Just as an FYI The monoblade SCJ TB will add more power than the dual bore CJ TB. Just might be a little thing to think about.

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Any truth to that on a naturally aspirated engine? It can only draw in so much air.

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The SCJ monoblade is the TB of choice for the CJ intake swap on the Coyote. It's worth a little more power than the twin 65 for sure.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Any truth to that on a naturally aspirated engine? It can only draw in so much air.
Yes sir, the Cobra Jet Intake was something that was originally designed as one of the intake manifold's for the Boss but due to the nature of how the car gets assembled at the factory they wouldn't have been able to to do so with the Cobra Jet Intake on there. In testing for the N/A Cobra Jet motor they found that the more air you could get into the manifold, the more power you were able to make with it which is why the Cobra Jets come with the SCJ Monoblade.

Who are you using to tune this?

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes sir, the Cobra Jet Intake was something that was originally designed as one of the intake manifold's for the Boss but due to the nature of how the car gets assembled at the factory they wouldn't have been able to to do so with the Cobra Jet Intake on there. In testing for the N/A Cobra Jet motor they found that the more air you could get into the manifold, the more power you were able to make with it which is why the Cobra Jets come with the SCJ Monoblade.

Who are you using to tune this?
Watson engineering. My original thought was to use the 65 mm twin throttlebody as ford did with the recent posting of the 5.2 L cross plane engine. Guess I'll go with the mono blade

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
In addition to the 65mm twin blade you can also look at VMP's 67mm ported throttle body. Flows more than the 65 and eliminates a lot of drivability issues that can potentially occur with the monoblade.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
A good tuner can get the monoblade to drive like stock. It takes some time and patience to get it done right but there are plenty of people out there with the good driveability and plenty of people out there that have the low RPM nagging that the monoblade causes.
Sponsored