3rd Party Extended Warranty or Ford ?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Not true. This was the same premium Ford insurance word for word that you buy at a dealership. Like I said the parts guy when looking up my vin said I now showed that I had the same exact insurance they sell. Coverage the same. Excepted at all Ford dealerships etc. Just like if he would have looked up my vin to see if I had there extended warranty bought from a dealership. A 2nd or 3rd party insurance would not have showed up when looking up my vin showing I had premium Ford extended warranty either. Only thing is I had to buy it within a year of car being new. So if you want to pay more for exact same insurance at a dealership go for it. They're not going to tell you you can get it cheaper else where.
is Zeigler ford not a ford dealer? you've kinda lost me here....
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Not true. This was the same premium Ford insurance word for word that you buy at a dealership. Like I said the parts guy when looking up my vin said I now showed that I had the same exact insurance they sell. Coverage the same. Excepted at all Ford dealerships etc. Just like if he would have looked up my vin to see if I had there extended warranty bought from a dealership. A 2nd or 3rd party insurance would not have showed up when looking up my vin showing I had premium Ford extended warranty either. Only thing is I had to buy it within a year of car being new. So if you want to pay more for exact same insurance at a dealership go for it. They're not going to tell you you can get it cheaper else where.
also, when did you buy the policy, my understanding was that it was cheap in the early years till the engines started popping, so that may be why you got a deal....

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
also, when did you buy the policy, my understanding was that it was cheap in the early years till the engines started popping, so that may be why you got a deal....
No Zeigler Ford is not a dealership. You can look them up online at there website. I haven't looked at it for awhile but they sell Ford official warranties and at that time also Chrysler. But you are right I got it before the engine problems. I think I paid like $650.00 for a 50 dollar deductible 5yr/36,000 miles full coverage Ford premium warranty. I had a 5 year lease and knew as little as I drive would never have to worry about mileage. Just wanted to cover till lease was up. But your right I got lucky cause just out of curiosity I checked there site a few months later and the same coverage had tripled. Have no idea what it is now since I ended up trading the Shelby and went back to a new truck without a lease. But as I said they gave me most of the money I'd paid for it back. But as I said you had to buy it within the first year of ownership also. But at that time it was still several hundred dollars cheaper then buying it from a Ford dealership.

Last edited:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Well I went to the Zeigler website and EFI I owe you and jmn444 an apology. Yes it is a Dealership. Its been so long since I'd bought it I was thinking it wasn't. EFI is correct it can only be bought at a dealership. At the time them and Flood were the cheapest because both specialized in extended warranties and I see Ziegler still does, don't know about Flood as being the cheapest.

rtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Sorry I asked this in another thread but didnā€™t get any response... anytime you try to make a warranty claim against the drivetrains warranty, does Ford require all the maintenance to be done by a Ford Service Center? If they see that all the maintenance is done by a third party mechanic, can they deny the warranty claim?

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I am shopping for a ESP Ford plan on my new Ranger. I just checked Anderson & Knoch and Flood. They both had the same price for the one that I am interested in. Zeigler was $200 more for the same Ford ESP plan. All were way below what my seller dealer could do.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Sorry I asked this in another thread but didnā€™t get any response... anytime you try to make a warranty claim against the drivetrains warranty, does Ford require all the maintenance to be done by a Ford Service Center? If they see that all the maintenance is done by a third party mechanic, can they deny the warranty claim?
keep records showing all was done to manual spec and you will be fine.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Check Flood Ford for ESP priding comparisons - many M6G members have said they have best pricing too for an ESP.
Using the advice of other forum members, I showed the Flood Ford pricing to the finance guy at the dealership I just purchased my car at. He ended up beating their price by about $80, and I got the feeling there was more room left to negotiate. This was at Champaign Ford City in Champaign, IL. The finance guy Jim, said he'd give a similar deal to anyone who wanted to call him, no matter where they bought the car.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I would avoid 3rd party plans. The Ford ESP is good at any Ford dealer. My original warranty is up in a few months. I bought the car as a track toy and it will never see 36K miles while I own it. I have less than 3000 miles now and am considering the 8 year/36K mile premium plan with $50 deductible. Best price I have seen for premium package is Anderson Koch (mentioned above, https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/ ).Their price is under $1500. I plan to take their online quote to my local dealer and give them the chance to match it. FWIW

UPDATE: My warranty passed, but I bought the ESP from AK. Went with 8 years/36K miles. At time of purchase, they also offered a key fob replacement coverage for another $60. This will replace the fob once a year during coverage. No brainer given the cost of an un-programmed fob is abt $150. AK told me they price the plans $100 over their cost. There are other no cost add-ons you need to specify also. Zero deductible, with key fob coverage, total cost around $1600.

Last edited:

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still have to pay for diagnostic work out of pocket or do they bill the warranty company for all diagnostic and actual work?

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
"Do you still have to pay for diagnostic work out of pocket or do they bill the warranty company for all diagnostic and actual work?"

It works just like factory warranty. Go to any Ford dealer and they fix it per the coverage level you buy. The "warranty company" is Ford.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Flood Ford ESP or bust. Their quote was $600 below my dealer's "cost" (BS), and it's all online in spreadsheet format to view years/mileage.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Typically there is a 100% mark up in those policies from the dealership.
Once they sell the policy their done and could care less where you are or where you go for service.
Curious if the Ford policy covers a loaner car.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Flood Ford ESP or bust. Their quote was $600 below my dealer's "cost" (BS), and it's all online in spreadsheet format to view years/mileage.
flood is good but both anderson-koch and zeigler have given me even better quotes. but these are the best 3 places.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
As a data point for you, my service writer tells me that Ford Dealers will accept nearly any 3rd party ESP Policy, with a few caveats:
1. The Ford ESP policies pay the dealerā€™s going labor rate. Many 3rd party policies have a fixed labor rate and you get to pay any difference.
2. 3rd Party policies wonā€™t cover speciality mods. For example, they had a guy bring in a Roush Stage 3 that blew a motor. The 3rd party policy would only pay for a basic 5.0 GT motor, and would not pay to move any of the Roush bits. So the car sat for months as the guy refused to pay the difference. They finally told the owner to come and get the car as it was his problem, not theirs.
Sponsored