Sponsored

2024 Ranger & 405hp Ranger Raptor 🦖 Debut For NA Market

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That is some good power bands for sure, especially for the truck segment.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is it just me or is the Ranger full size now? 5,000 lbs? I would think it needs 400 HP just to get out of its own way in traffic. My gutless little Subarota will probably out accelerate it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s actually pretty amazing what gets done with what power levels these days. My wifes St is I’m bett’n real world 4850-4900lbs. Its 430ish I think, and it runs really good. When we first got it nobody really knew what they were. I used to have a lot of fun with the Gt’s and SS’s. It launches real well. And we’re at over a mile of elevation.

Is it just me or is the Ranger full size now? 5,000 lbs? I would think it needs 400 HP just to get out of its own way in traffic. My gutless little Subarota will probably out accelerate it.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Maybe Ford should fix the ongoing q/c issues instead of a overpriced mall crawler ranger.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It’s actually pretty amazing what gets done with what power levels these days. My wifes St is I’m bett’n real world 4850-4900lbs. Its 430ish I think, and it runs really good. When we first got it nobody really knew what they were. I used to have a lot of fun with the Gt’s and SS’s. It launches real well. And we’re at over a mile of elevation.
No kidding. I just got a '23 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door with the 2.0 turbo/8-speed a few weeks ago, and its power is well beyond my expectations. 270 HP/295 TQ doesn't seem like much, but the thing flat out moves, well beyond its 'handling' capabilities. No doubt the 8-speed and 4.10 gearing helps.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
No kidding. I just got a '23 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door with the 2.0 turbo/8-speed a few weeks ago, and its power is well beyond my expectations. 270 HP/295 TQ doesn't seem like much, but the thing flat out moves, well beyond its 'handling' capabilities. No doubt the 8-speed and 4.10 gearing helps.
The difference today is the added gears and the fat power curve under the peak.
A turbo 2ltr can have 75% of it's torque rating at just a little more than above idle And it is flat and fat till the peak no waiting till 3800-4000rpm to get there.
What will be interesting is if the performance ev's to have the range and be able to drop the hammer a lot if they will add transmissions but it will be 1st gear 1 to 1, 2nd gear first o/d, 3rd gear second overdrive 4th third o/d. With the instant torque is should not be a problem and lower motor speed will make the range longer and motor life longer. Less battery charging cycles needed, less charging/etc.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The difference today is the added gears and the fat power curve under the peak.
A turbo 2ltr can have 75% of it's torque rating at just a little more than above idle And it is flat and fat till the peak no waiting till 3800-4000rpm to get there.

What will be interesting is if the performance ev's to have the range and be able to drop the hammer a lot if they will add transmissions but it will be 1st gear 1 to 1, 2nd gear first o/d, 3rd gear second overdrive 4th third o/d. With the instant torque is should not be a problem and lower motor speed will make the range longer and motor life longer. Less battery charging cycles needed, less charging/etc.
Absolutely. In the case of this 2.0, it pulls like a diesel right off idle and never really gives up since the trans keeps it in its peak. I ordered this engine because it was rated higher for torque than the 3.6 V6, which I was never all that impressed with in my two JKs.

Not to mention, the six coupled with the 8-speed auto forces you to go with their semi-hybrid weirdo eTorque system to bump fuel economy, and I didn't want the added complexity. I don't need something crapping out in the middle of Montana ranch land while hunting, for example.

Sponsored

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor
It’s very subjective I had a 23 rubicon 4 door with the 2.0 and was thoroughly unimpressed main reason why I got rid of it imo the only wrangler half way worth a damn would be the 392 but I sure as hell wouldn’t pay 80-90k for a wrangler

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
It’s very subjective I had a 23 rubicon 4 door with the 2.0 and was thoroughly unimpressed main reason why I got rid of it imo the only wrangler half way worth a damn would be the 392 but I sure as hell wouldn’t pay 80-90k for a wrangler
Some go into buying a small ltr or c.i.d. powered vehicle with the understanding that it will not be the same as a 6.4ltr v8. But they are not the 91 hp slugs they once where if fitted with a 2.0 or 2.5ltr engine.
I didn't expect the 2.3 turbo 4 to be as fast as a 5.4 v8 truck, but it isn't slow for a big crew cab truck. and yes the ranger is a big truck the f-150's are monsters park a 202 ranger beside a 2001 f truck reg cab long bed, and the ranger is the f truck size in width and length, the late model f trucks or full sized trucks in general are tanks.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm trying to decide on one of these or a leftover 23 Ranger Tremor once these 24's drop on dealer lots. I like the new Ranger overall, but I really like the outgoing Tremor as far as looks and features for the money. Some incentives on top would probably sway me in that direction, but the Rubicon is very stout and until recently I didn't even know you could option it as 2 door.

I've 100% given up on a Bronco at this point. Too many dealers with their heads up their ass.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm trying to decide on one of these or a leftover 23 Ranger Tremor once these 24's drop on dealer lots. I like the new Ranger overall, but I really like the outgoing Tremor as far as looks and features for the money. Some incentives on top would probably sway me in that direction, but the Rubicon is very stout and until recently I didn't even know you could option it as 2 door.

I've 100% given up on a Bronco at this point. Too many dealers with their heads up their ass.
I'll reevaluate Bronco in three years once my new Rubi is out of the 3/36 warranty. But unless anything major gives me pause on keeping it, I doubt I'll move on from it. I have to say that the build quality of it is far better than the two JKs I had, as well as my '19 F150. I bought it from Granger, and my salesperson flat out told me that she is more impressed with the quality of the Wranglers than the Broncos since she is familiar with both. The Rubi is a little tank.

And agreed on too many Ford dealers with their heads up their asses. I get the supply and demand song and dance, but between trying to buy a GT500 at list and even trying to order and buy a 2-door Bronco at all and failing on both counts, I have no problem spending my money elsewhere.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I just went through this. Was after a new four door rubi for my wife. The four cylinder wasn’t an option. And the six was pretty much gutless up here at our elevation. Test drove a new bronco four door with the turbo six and Sasquatch. Drives very well and has really good power. The ford 4 is underpowered as well in my opinion. One thing the Bronco as worlds apart from the jeep is interior and seating comfort. As for build quality, Fords is better hands down. It’s more polished than a jeep. Which can be either good or bad depending on perspective. Cant argue about the ….. dealers. I could have ordered one at msrp but found one loaded with 3500 miles on it for a good price a few states away. These are very nice.

Edit. I want to state I still really like the jeeps and a rubi would have been a great choice(was really after the power top option) to. The bronco is just a better fit for her and being a daily.

I'll reevaluate Bronco in three years once my new Rubi is out of the 3/36 warranty. But unless anything major gives me pause on keeping it, I doubt I'll move on from it. I have to say that the build quality of it is far better than the two JKs I had, as well as my '19 F150. I bought it from Granger, and my salesperson flat out told me that she is more impressed with the quality of the Wranglers than the Broncos since she is familiar with both. The Rubi is a little tank.

And agreed on too many Ford dealers with their heads up their asses. I get the supply and demand song and dance, but between trying to buy a GT500 at list and even trying to order and buy a 2-door Bronco at all and failing on both counts, I have no problem spending my money elsewhere.
IMG_4096.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: