OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium / 2019 F150 STX Sport 4x4
Jstang23 I don't take you as rude at all. I personally have never seen a rotor disc cut for drum brake shoes. I never saw this coming but as I said in the previous post it's working itself out.

Thanks
Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
OK after a lot of research and a previous thread on this subject I bought this kit:

Ford Performance Brake Upgrade Kit - M-2300-AA | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com)

The website asks you to put your vehicle specifics in to be sure it fits and it says it does. BUT...

... to get the rear calipers and rotors to fit you also have to buy axles, knuckles, parking brake assemblies, and a slew of small parts to make the e-brake work.

The problem is that the GT e-brakes are manual "pinchers" to the rotor and this kit has rotors machined with an inside drum for shoe type expanding e-brakes. The rotors and calipers won't fit the existing axle and brake hardware as the car comes from the factory. At all.

This is a complete pile of CRAP in my opinion. Unless I am missing something BIG this kit IS NOT compatible with my car.

Has anyone else run across this issue?

It looks like I'll be selling the rear calipers and rotors because the individual parts are going to run upwards of $2500!
Sure makes the performance pack seem worth it now huh lol.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
And regarding that comment the front was installed first. We are discussing a alternative solution.
You installed the front calipers and rotors that came with the M-2300-AA kit on your 2022 GT? How? GT350 calipers require a bracket to mount to the GT spindles, something similar to this:

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-GT350AB-K/sve-gt350-caliper-rotor-adapter-bracket-kit-15-20

I can see that Levittown's fitment system says it will fit a 2022 Mustang GT, but every note on the page you linked specifically says GT350. I can't imagine any research you did would lead you to believe these would fit your car. Hopefully Levittown will work with you, worst case you may be able to sell the rear calipers/rotors to a GT350/GT350R owner.

Doug

Last edited:
OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
Yes we got the brackets from the local Ford dealer. They seem to be pretty familiar with Ford Performance parts. Maybe because VMP is here. Central FL is Mustang land for sure.

The person doing the Steeda suspension install and the Brembo brake kit is a long time friend of mine. His business is lowering and to a lesser degree raising vehicles. He fabricates many of the suspension components himself. He's a Whipple dealer as well and I trust him emphatically.

The wrong M-2300 kit selection is my fault and I accept this. But in part, mostly I guess, I went by the Levittown fitment guide. Because thread after thread I read was positive about their service and knowledge. FWIW there are 7 or 8 other M-2300 kits, all with different alpha characters making the kit components different. This kit is the AA version.

Between talking to him yesterday and today he determined that he could make the rear brakes work but I'd have no e-brake. I decided not to go this route because I'd need a rear spacer to move the rotor out about 4 or 5 mm and a spacer to push the wheels I just bought out to clear the calipers. I just don't want to go that route.

I will probably take the course of least resistance and just sell the 2 calipers and rotors.

Yes to the comment about the GT Performance Pkg looking good at this point. But I didn't have that option. I bought this car with 4,000 miles on it for $38,500. I couldn't find another within 5k of that when I was looking so I'm without the Performance Package.

I'm new to Mustang's. I have no clue the brake difference between a GT350 and a GT. My first car was a 64 1/2 and I also had a 4 headlight Boss 302 for a few years when I was younger but I've been doing bikes and performance boats for the past 3 decades. I'm retiring soon so I'm going full circle back to a Mustang as my last car (toy). I'm going to make more mistakes I'm sure. And I'll deal with it if and when I do.

Thanks for all of your input.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
If you bought the kit within the last 30 days, I note that the listing includes the following:
"No Hassle 30 Day Returns"

If Levittown Ford's fitment tool is incorrect and misleading, I would hope they would give you some flexibility as to time and condition for the return.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sure makes the performance pack seem worth it now huh lol.
There are 2 kits on the market both can fit a GT:

1. For base cars there is Performance Pack kit with the 6 piston 380 mm front disks (M-2300-V) .
2. The kit that OP bought is for a GT350 to upgrade GT350 brakes to the GT350R spec this are bigger than GT PP1 brakes but specific to GT350 (M-2300-AA).
3. The GT350 kit to upgrade GT brakes to GT350 spec includes everything needed as halfshafts, brakets etc (M-2300-Y)

PP1 cars come equipped with M-2300-V from the factory (1960$ part).
GT350 cars need M-2300-AA (3450$) to match GT350R.
GT350R comes equipped from the factory with M-2300-Y (5710$) over a Base GT.

PP1 cars have 15" front rotors 13" rears with 6 piston front and 1 piston rear brakes.
GT350R cars have 15.5" front rotors with 14.9" rears with 6 piston front and 4 piston rear brakes.

But OEM GT or PP1 wheels don't clear the GT350R brakes you need aftermarket wheels for that.

OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
"But OEM GT or PP1 wheels don't clear the GT350R brakes you need aftermarket wheels for that."

I didn't even try my 19" wheels because I wanted something specific.

Is it because they're 19" or because of the offset?

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
"But OEM GT or PP1 wheels don't clear the GT350R brakes you need aftermarket wheels for that."

I didn't even try my 19" wheels because I wanted something specific.

Is it because they're 19" or because of the offset?
It's because of the offset & design. Some 19" wheels fit and some don't. 20" OEM GT premium wheels will fit. Obviously a set of OEM 19" GT350 wheels will fit but they're going to poke out a bit. However, 19" PP2 and PP1 won't fit.
Sponsored