2022 Mustang GT Brembo brake upgrade leads to problems

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium / 2019 F150 STX Sport 4x4
OK after a lot of research and a previous thread on this subject I bought this kit:

Ford Performance Brake Upgrade Kit - M-2300-AA | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com)

The website asks you to put your vehicle specifics in to be sure it fits and it says it does. BUT...

... to get the rear calipers and rotors to fit you also have to buy axles, knuckles, parking brake assemblies, and a slew of small parts to make the e-brake work.

The problem is that the GT e-brakes are manual "pinchers" to the rotor and this kit has rotors machined with an inside drum for shoe type expanding e-brakes. The rotors and calipers won't fit the existing axle and brake hardware as the car comes from the factory. At all.

This is a complete pile of CRAP in my opinion. Unless I am missing something BIG this kit IS NOT compatible with my car.

Has anyone else run across this issue?

It looks like I'll be selling the rear calipers and rotors because the individual parts are going to run upwards of $2500!
Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
Yes. After I posted I went to another vendor. Then another. I have concluded that the Levittown website fitment tool is wrong.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Did you provide your VIN to Levittown when you checked out? Last order I placed with them they asked for it, but it was on the repair parts section.

OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
I don't recall that, I'm going to check with them this morning

Sponsored

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
I followed the link and I can see why you could think it would fit a GT. I don’t see why Levittown can’t give you a refund since it seems like nothing was installed and used.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
No offense, but their website mentions nothing about it fitting a regular GT.
Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 9.47.47 AM.png

Bold letters, fits GT350. Upgrades stock GT350 to the GT350R calipers.🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
Yessir lot's of descriptions are incomplete on lots of websites.

I used the "check to see if this fits your vehicle" link and put 2022 / Ford / Mustang / GT in and it says it fits.

I read somewhere about this kit. At this point I read so much I'm not sure how I got on this part number.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Yessir lot's of descriptions are incomplete on lots of websites.

I used the "check to see if this fits your vehicle" link and put 2022 / Ford / Mustang / GT in and it says it fits.
Hmmm I just checked with mine and it never asked for the sub-model. Just asked for 2023 Ford Mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
Read post #6

OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
And regarding that comment the front was installed first. We are discussing a alternative solution.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I understand and I'm sorry this happened to you, but to me if you really researched these kits, you would have found that the one you ordered was missing several parts. I don't mean to be rude and that's not my goal, but I was able to find it pretty quickly that it would NOT fit the regular GT through the kit you ordered.

I would suggest contacting Levittown and explaining the situation to them. They are great people and will more than likely be willing to help you out. I know most dealerships won't refund parts installed on the car. They may be able to give you a deal on the parts you need.

Good luck :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I would suggest contacting Levittown and explaining the situation to them. They are great people and will more than likely be willing to help you out. I know most dealerships won't refund parts installed on the car. They may be able to give you a deal on the parts you need
This is the way. Benny is on this forum and he may be able to help get the rest of the parts needed.

OP
OP

Trace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Vehicle(s)
The shop doing the work is working this out for me. I have no issue with Levittown or anyone at this point.

I'm venting frustration. As with most things in life it's working itself out. And thank the Lord, if this is the worst thing that happens to me this week I am blessed.
Sponsored