2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
I am (was) #1 on my local dealer's list. He called this week and offered at $5k ADM for anything I wanted. I told him CFTP, carbon fiber trim, vinyl stripes and tech package and he told me to come on in and we'd get it ordered. I was pretty stoked. Sometime between 3PM and 6PM he found out he couldn't get me CFTP but he waited until I came in at 6PM to actually let me know. I told him no thanks and to let me know when his next allocation comes around if I can get the CFTP. Quite disappointing.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I have a question on allocation. Iā€™ve had my base on order for about 2 weeks. When I spoke to the salesman he informed me they would be getting an allocation and he did not say that he didnā€™t already have the allocation and led me to believe they already had an allocation. Anyways they allowed me to order the car to my specs. Today he tells me he has a call into his ford rep about the allocation and is now telling me that he doesnā€™t know if they will be getting one and that it would be a few weeks until he knows and I put a 5,000 down deposit to even order the car. Not sure what to think of this but if anyone can offer advice I would appreciate it. Makes me think they are trying to screw me and sell the allocation to make money. Thanks
Ask to see the VOC. He knows what that is. Iā€™m guessing he doesnā€™t have one for your order.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It says unscheduled material hold on the order
At least your order is in the order bank, but that doesn't mean that your dealer had an allocation for it. Only your dealer knows that and I bet he will not prove it. You will just have to wait for a VIN to verify the car is going to be built. When you check it's status and you see unscheduled-clean, your foot is in the door.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Good news guys I called Kyle at Ford Performance this morning and he confirmed my order. About 5 mins into that call the dealership sent me a msg and confirmed their allocation so Iā€™m feeling pretty good about it. He said their ford rep said to be very patient that the car probably wouldnā€™t arrive till end of year. Now if I can just decide to leave my color choice the way it is or change it again lol.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Good news guys I called Kyle at Ford Performance this morning and he confirmed my order. About 5 mins into that call the dealership sent me a msg and confirmed their allocation so Iā€™m feeling pretty good about it. He said their ford rep said to be very patient that the car probably wouldnā€™t arrive till end of year. Now if I can just decide to leave my color choice the way it is or change it again lol.
Awesome congrats

dsroka80503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible
We are out. Called dealer and canceled the order yesterday. Between the BS the Ford dealers are saying, their complete lack of knowledge about pretty much anything, the fact that a pair of stripes are 10K and the outrageous ADM, the sheen has worn off. Best of luck to you guys, still is going to be an amazing car.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
We are out. Called dealer and canceled the order yesterday. Between the BS the Ford dealers are saying, their complete lack of knowledge about pretty much anything, the fact that a pair of stripes are 10K and the outrageous ADM, the sheen has worn off. Best of luck to you guys, still is going to be an amazing car.
Trust me Brother I can have full compassion and empathy for how you feel. I had to call "41 Ford Dealers" over a 2 week process before finding a deal I could live with. There were times I was extremely depressed thinking this will never work out and yes the ADM's as you guys call them are very discouraging to say the least. I got all kinds of stories and lots of BS along the pathway of life in my search. Just got "pure lucky" on the 41st dealer as he was a small dealer and was not greedy like the "Big City Boys". I consider myself very lucky indeed. Let me just add I must have made well over 100 phone calls. For those of you that have never called a GSM at any dealership they are not just sitting by their phone waiting for your "Beckoning Call". LOL You end up playing phone tag 4 or 5 times before you even connect. Just so you can hear them giggle and then say "Oh wow man your are way late to the party, we presold that car 6 months ago!!!!!".

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I am still going through phases of not caring and then getting pissed....I contacted my guy again this morning, weekly touchpoint, still waiting on allocation. I said PLEASE call Ford Performance and find out why. He called Ford Performance and they told him to contact their Regional Ford Rep, which he then told me comes around once a month, i said can you not call the Regional Rep? He said last time he did and was now told only the GM can call the Regional Ford Rep. I said can you please get yourself, GM and Regional Ford rep on a phone call and sort this out? GM is in dealer meeting in Colorado and due back this week. I am still in utter amazement over this. 9+ months this guy along with his GM have been on board with me getting the 1st allocation. So again either they are punking me (which i don't believe at this time) or there is some shaninigans going on at the regional level?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Duner: The more I read, the more convinced I am that this allocation process was flawed from the get go. It appears as though the regional reps are semi-in-charge of the allocations and that is an equation for trouble as we've already seen. I freely admit I know next to nothing about automobile manufacture but as a business, I fail to understand why Ford is being such a miser with these cars. Wouldn't they make a lot more profit if they sold all they could as compared to keeping the price a little higher but only producing a limited number of vehicles? I just don't get it but if someone knows the REAL answer, please advise.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I am still going through phases of not caring and then getting pissed....I contacted my guy again this morning, weekly touchpoint, still waiting on allocation. I said PLEASE call Ford Performance and find out why. He called Ford Performance and they told him to contact their Regional Ford Rep, which he then told me comes around once a month, i said can you not call the Regional Rep? He said last time he did and was now told only the GM can call the Regional Ford Rep. I said can you please get yourself, GM and Regional Ford rep on a phone call and sort this out? GM is in dealer meeting in Colorado and due back this week. I am still in utter amazement over this. 9+ months this guy along with his GM have been on board with me getting the 1st allocation. So again either they are punking me (which i don't believe at this time) or there is some shaninigans going on at the regional level?
My small dealer can pick up the phone and call his regional Ford Rep when ever he wants. Now being fair he may have to leave a voice mail but my point is when I saw the guy tell you he was going to call Ford Performance the first thing I thought of was "WTF"????? No need to call F P as you go thru whoever the dealers Ford Rep is. Yes, in all honesty I do think they are F----g around with you. No one should have to go thru what you are experiencing. They either have an allocation or they don't. There really is no middle ground here.

13GT500JA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500
Does anyone know if any more CFTP allocations will be given out for the 2020MY cars or have they all been given out?

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Yeah thatā€™s encroaching on AMG GTS territory lol. Insanity.

CFTP cars will be 200k with adm at some dealers.
Got a CFTP locally at MSRP

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Just thinking is there anyone on the forums that has inside contacts that wants to take my information (PM me) and get to the bottom of this? I just told my guy to get with his GM and Regional Ford Rep ASAP and get to the bottom of this. IT is NOT MAGIC someone knows what is going on....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Got a CFTP locally at MSRP
Congratulations and really hope that your dealership knows what they are doing when it comes to the CFTP option?

I can tell you after visiting a FP dealership in B.C. last week along with having a telephone discussion with a GSM for another FP dealership in Western Canada with both dealerships understanding and believing that they both each had 6 CFTP allocations for each of their dealerships and sold each of their 6 allocations with the CFTP option.

After some lengthy discussions I suggested to them that there is not a hope that each of their dealerships will each get 6 CFTP GT500's and suggested that the most two seat allocations each dealership in Canada will receive will be 2 for the 2020MY and that each of their dealership will have some very upset customers based on 8 of them not getting a CFTP car.

With ~30 remaining FP dealerships in Canada it is beyond my comprehension that Dearborn would allot ~180 CFTP "Golden Ticket" allocations to the Great White North and only leave ~1070 CFTP for all of the U.S. as that just not going to happen.

BTW, neither of the Western Canada dealerships had ever heard of the term "Golden Ticket" allocation until I mentioned it to them.

Again congrats on your CFTP allocation and hope that your dealership is not under the same impression as many of the Western Canada dealerships are which is all of their 6 GT500 allocations are "Golden Ticket" allocations.

:sunglasses:

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I am (was) #1 on my local dealer's list. He called this week and offered at $5k ADM for anything I wanted. I told him CFTP, carbon fiber trim, vinyl stripes and tech package and he told me to come on in and we'd get it ordered. I was pretty stoked. Sometime between 3PM and 6PM he found out he couldn't get me CFTP but he waited until I came in at 6PM to actually let me know. I told him no thanks and to let me know when his next allocation comes around if I can get the CFTP. Quite disappointing.
I always find posts like this one very perplexing because the dealer should know if he had the elusive golden ticket or NOT. It reminds oh so much of him enticing you in when he knew he couldn't get the CFTP in hopes that you would say "Oh heck Chester just go and ahead and put the order in".