HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I always find posts like this one very perplexing because the dealer should know if he had the elusive golden ticket or NOT.
They do it because they know some percent of potential buyers will settle, particularly after falling under the spell of the greatest salesman of all time. Some of their tied and true tactics just don't work over the phone, such as losing the keys/fob to your trade-in after evaluating it

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
They do it because they know some percent of potential buyers will settle, particularly after falling under the spell of the greatest salesman of all time. Some of their tied and true tactics just don't work over the phone, such as loosing the keys/fob to your trade-in after evaluating it
Wish I had one of those "Laughing Emojis" as I got a real kick out of your post. I've got a dozen stories on car dealers. Most of them not so good but I will say the dealer Iam getting my 2020 Shelby GT500 from has been incredibly outstanding in every way. Once this thing is over Iam going to name them and highly recommend them.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
So random post on FB about dealerships in general, and how most experiences suck. TOTALLY not related to GT500 but buying cars in general. Most people commented agreeing that most dealerships and car buying experiences were not pleasurable. However one guy was eluding to that is NOT the case at there dealership and to contact him. So i contacted this guy out of the nowhere where just to get his response. This is basically what i have heard when talking to the dealers local to me. Capitalism at its best, its sucks that people have to suck....Still holding out hope my original guy pulls through, otherwise hello C8. Response below.

Tony,
If you are looking for a local and honest car dealership, you came to the right place. If you have a deal at MSRP on a 2020 GT500, you should take it. Matthews Ford has three allocations for the GT500 and three customers that have committed to paying $20k over MSRP for this vehicle. As you know, there are dealers that are marking up the GT500 as much as $50k over MSRP. We have had dealers offer us $10k just for our allocation so they can mark it up an additional $20-40k.

Thank you again for contacting me and let me know what I can do to earn your business, either today or in the future.

Best regards,

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
So random post on FB about dealerships in general, and how most experiences suck. TOTALLY not related to GT500 but buying cars in general. Most people commented agreeing that most dealerships and car buying experiences were not pleasurable. However one guy was eluding to that is NOT the case at there dealership and to contact him. So i contacted this guy out of the nowhere where just to get his response. This is basically what i have heard when talking to the dealers local to me. Capitalism at its best, its sucks that people have to suck....Still holding out hope my original guy pulls through, otherwise hello C8. Response below.

Tony,
If you are looking for a local and honest car dealership, you came to the right place. If you have a deal at MSRP on a 2020 GT500, you should take it. Matthews Ford has three allocations for the GT500 and three customers that have committed to paying $20k over MSRP for this vehicle. As you know, there are dealers that are marking up the GT500 as much as $50k over MSRP. We have had dealers offer us $10k just for our allocation so they can mark it up an additional $20-40k.

Thank you again for contacting me and let me know what I can do to earn your business, either today or in the future.

Best regards,
Interesting how some people perceive this as a good deal and almost doing a person a favor by "Only" charging them $20,000 over msrp. Well everybody looks at things differently.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am over this CAR, I am not a 'poor' and i really really really want this car. I have money in hand, ready to buy, but it simply is just not worth it to me for anything over MSRP. I will continue to keep on my guy and hope he comes through and pursue any easy leads but I have lost the 'drive' to do anything more.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Does anyone have the ability to see if a dealership has an allocation? I keep getting told different things. Today I was told they still aren’t sure they are getting an allocation but was told about a week ago then they told me I could order the carbon fiber track pack and it’s just really frustrating. Looking to see if anyone has any ideas. I do have a base ordered and the dealership ordered and Kyle from ford performance confirmed it. Can a dealer actually submit an order and not have an allocation for it?

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
As I stated earlier, anyone can order a GT500. Whether it actually goes to build is a completely separate allocation issue.

I would strongly recommend that you ask Kyle directly if you have a confirmed allocation, not just a confirmed order. The only other persons that can confirm this is the Regional Manager or the National Allocation Manager.

Keep in mind that most confirmed build dates as of yet are for this year. I have yet to see any 2020MY dates specifying early 2020. At the end of the day, those finding they do not have an actual allocation will be brought in and shown the 2019/2020 GT350/GT350R, Saleen, Roush, or simply promised a 2021MY.

The bottom line is 5000 allocations for the first MY is not that many, especially for this popular vehicle. I expect the GT500 to have a 3 year run, but I cannot necessarily say this for the GT350.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I would strongly recommend that you ask Kyle directly if you have a confirmed allocation, not just a confirmed order. The only other persons that can confirm this is the Regional Manager or the National Allocation Manager.

No one at FP including Kyle have access to allocation information. I wish it was that easy. Since nobody outside of your dealer will talk to you about the existence of any allocation. Your dealer is the only game in town. If you can't get the truth from your dealer, you will just have to wait for you order status to show Unscheduled Clean or the order goes away at the end of the MY.
Even if the your car gets scheduled for production, there is no guarantee that your dealer won't sell it out from under you. There are a lot of bad players in this business.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
As I stated earlier, anyone can order a GT500. Whether it actually goes to build is a completely separate allocation issue.

Keep in mind that most confirmed build dates as of yet are for this year. I have yet to see any 2020MY dates specifying early 2020. At the end of the day, those finding they do not have an actual allocation will be brought in and shown the 2019/2020 GT350/GT350R, Saleen, Roush, or simply promised a 2021MY.

The bottom line is 5000 allocations for the first MY is not that many, especially for this popular vehicle. I expect the GT500 to have a 3 year run, but I cannot necessarily say this for the GT350.
But why would a dealer ask me to put down $5,000 to even order it if they didn’t know they
No one at FP including Kyle have access to allocation information. I wish it was that easy. Since nobody outside of your dealer will talk to you about the existence of any allocation. Your dealer is the only game in town. If you can't get the truth from your dealer, you will just have to wait for you order status to show Unscheduled Clean or the order goes away at the end of the MY.
Even if the your car gets scheduled for production, there is no guarantee that your dealer won't sell it out from under you. There are a lot of bad players in this business.
That is what I’m afraid of. Just is aggravating to know I’ve put down $5,000 to what I thought secured my order because they wouldn’t even order it without the $5,000 down. I guess I’ll just have to wait this out and see not sure what else to do.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
But why would a dealer ask me to put down $5,000 to even order it if they didn’t know they

That is what I’m afraid of. Just is aggravating to know I’ve put down $5,000 to what I thought secured my order because they wouldn’t even order it without the $5,000 down. I guess I’ll just have to wait this out and see not sure what else to do.
A lot of people including me, are in the same boat. I hate it as much as you do. If anyone is responsible for this situation, it is Ford for not being more responsive and transparent to their customers (the buyers). If Ford had handled the ordering process correctly, no dealer would be able to place an order for a specialty vehicle without a valid allocation for that vehicle. No allocation, No order. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree that Kyle at FP does not have access to the Golden Ticket or Base GT500 allocations but for you to suggest that no one at FP has access to allocation information is not accurate as all allocations do in fact come from FP but just not available at Kyle's level and that is certainly no disrespect to Kyle as he is a great young guy.

:sunglasses:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I agree that Kyle at FP does not have access to the Golden Ticket or Base GT500 allocations but for you to suggest that no one at FP has access to allocation information is not accurate as all allocations do in fact come from FP but just not available at Kyle's level and that is certainly no disrespect to Kyle as he is a great young guy.

:sunglasses:
I agree about Kyle, he is a very helpful guy, but he has limited access to certain information. I didn't suggest anything about FP, I stated a fact, no one from Ford or FP will confirm an allocation to any customer (buyer). This is part of the problem.
The FP I was referring to is the only one that customers (buyers) have access too, 800-367-3788.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You are both right.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the biggest cluster bomb $hit I have ever seen in my life. Does the Regional Manager or the National Allocation Manager have the ability to 'steal' the guaranteed 1 allocation or delay it? It would appear many dealers already know (or they think they do) that the have X allocations, the most recent dealer said he has 3 allocations already sold. Are all these guys just literally playing the system and baiting customers with allocations they may not really have? As a dealer, a call to the regional or national manager should be a simple task, and if paid not even necessary, so if this call has been made and they are being told they do not have an allocation yet, then the upper management is also playing games. I cannot believe i am talking about this like it is Area 51 secret $hit.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
This is the biggest cluster bomb $hit I have ever seen in my life. Does the Regional Manager or the National Allocation Manager have the ability to 'steal' the guaranteed 1 allocation or delay it? It would appear many dealers already know (or they think they do) that the have X allocations, the most recent dealer said he has 3 allocations already sold. Are all these guys just literally playing the system and baiting customers with allocations they may not really have? As a dealer, a call to the regional or national manager should be a simple task, and if paid not even necessary, so if this call has been made and they are being told they do not have an allocation yet, then the upper management is also playing games. I cannot believe i am talking about this like it is Area 51 secret $hit.
Just my 2 cents from buying many specialty cars over the decades. If you are dealing with a "relatively small dealer--I see you are from Oklahoma" it is highly unlikely that he would have "3 allocations" for a Shelby GT500. I know of dealers who do a pretty good sized volume of business and they still only are getting just 1 Shelby GT500.