Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
ATTENTION:

There were 38 new VINs this week, 28 of them today.
I only found 2 members on my list that received VINs today.

Here are the countries and states in this weeks VINs.

CAN, AL, AR, AZ, FL, HI, IA, IL, MO, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NV, PA, VT, WI

Pollman15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Who had the silver gt500 order for sale cause they ordered a CFTP???

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
Im sure you can total one out by adding all the times up on page 1 but in reality, it varies by CFTP, location, and dealer volume (importance)
Do CFTP generally take longer?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression they took about a day or two longer for the wheels and wing
Now that the mod center is inside the plant, it shouldn't take more than a day.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
FREE AT LAST !....Well Almost.
0837 was released by Ford today after 44 days in the Union Pacific Rail Yard. After the dealer's owner once again contacted the District Manager, Ford notified the dealer that they could arrange for the car to be picked up and transported to their facility to replace the rear Magne-Ride shocks which Ford finally figured out were not "in-the-field repairable".

My car was one of 41 that were held in rail yards under Stop Ship holds because of the shock spacer issue. Last week the remaining 21 cars were inspected; and at the start of this week 15 remained in the yards pending repairs. Today I learned that of the remaining 15 cars, mine was one of 10 that had not yet been released, so I contact the dealer and it finally happened.

The rear shocks for the CFTP cars appear to be in short supply, so Ford has advised the dealer to contact the "plant manager" if any shortages occur.

The dealer contacted Ford after the first week while on hold and offered to bring the car to their facility for inspection and repair...but no dice. It is unfortunate that it has taken this long to finally get the car released and out of "harm's way" in the rail yard. I am flying to CA to inspect the car when it arrives on Monday or Tuesday, to see just what it looks like following its "imprisonment." Thanks to all who tried to keep my spirits up throughout this ordeal. It's only taken 13 months from order to arrival at the dealer.
UPDATE: Well, so much for FORD "expediting" the release of my car from the rail yard. The release last Friday turned out to be bullsh*t as yesterday I drove over to the rail yard and there sat 0837...where it had been for the previous 48 days. I wrote the dealer this morning...Day 50..and was told later this afternoon that it should be delivered to them tomorrow...but no guarantees. What a crock of "sh*t". So much for trusting Ford to do the right thing. Oh, and the rear shocks are "Not available" in the US. Guess Ford wil have to supply them from the parts bin at Flat Rock. One of the worst buying experiences I've ever had.