Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
We'll have to wait and see. If the delay is too long I'll just change my mustang into a ranger to throw everyone off lol
Believe it or not, in addition to the 8000 Mustangs and 3000 Explorers built without steering wheels, it appears that Ford did it with a few Rangers as well. :crazy:
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Believe it or not, in addition to the 8000 Mustangs and 3000 Explorers built without steering wheels, it appears that Ford did it with a few Rangers as well. :crazy:
Hhahahahahahahah!!!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I would be way less critical on a Ranger and likely just buy one off the lot. It's doubtful but could happen maybe. I REALLY want my mustang though

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
I was told by the same regional manager that there was a commodity restriction on the magnaride dampers and that's why the car had no vin after months of waiting.

I waited a while to place another order as I was weighing my options and debating on an SS 1LE. Decided I wanted the mustang more.

I was friends with both salesman for many years through the car community so have no reason to believe they lied to me about allocations. I was told many times if I removed the mangaride (PP2) that I could have the car in 2 months tops.
This was the same I was told about the Magneride dampers. So yes, there could have been an issue for a little while that affected vehicles, just as whether or not a dealer had allocation could also affect the order time, just as whether or not they would build PP2's in the winter etc.

Regardless, I have the build week. I'm not in any hurry, nor was I ever in any hurry. I ended up ordering about a month before I originally planned due to hearing that it could take a little longer to get a PP2. In the end, it looks like it will arrive around the time I was originally hoping for anyway. Besides, I still have to make room for the car in my garage anyway, so the longer it takes, the longer I have to procrastinate cleaning the other half of the garage out.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was told by the same regional manager that there was a commodity restriction on the magnaride dampers and that's why the car had no vin after months of waiting.

I waited a while to place another order as I was weighing my options and debating on an SS 1LE. Decided I wanted the mustang more.

I was friends with both salesman for many years through the car community so have no reason to believe they lied to me about allocations. I was told many times if I removed the mangaride (PP2) that I could have the car in 2 months tops.
Ok so I have no more facts than you other than what you can see from others on this site. Magneride is a restricted part and always probably will be. There is only one supplier so like the steering wheels, if something bad happens there could be delays. In general though Ford buys parts as they need them and does not stock pile certain types. This is why you won't get a build date sooner than about 6 weeks as they plan that far ahead so they can order the parts per each Mustang order. What those guys are telling you seems shady. Since Magneride could of had temp shortages here and there, it should not have gotten your order so backed up it never got started. I would bet if you looked on this site alone, you would find owners to cars that got magneride during that timeframe.

In the end, you would have been better off getting the Camaro.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would be way less critical on a Ranger and likely just buy one off the lot. It's doubtful but could happen maybe. I REALLY want my mustang though
Maybe you will need to get an Edge or Escape to avoid the steering wheel thing plus the lots a full of those. I would stick it out and get the Mustang. Anyone that does not wait will most likely regret it every time they see one.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Maybe you will need to get an Edge or Escape to avoid the steering wheel thing plus the lots a full of those. I would stick it out and get the Mustang. Anyone that does not wait will most likely regret it every time they see one.
100% agree. In 2009 I went to Iraq for a year and sold my truck just before leaving knowing I was going to come home with a bank account full of dirty contractor money. Looked at several cars including the Camaro (hated the interior) and landed on an Audi TTS. Well during the deployment, Raptors came out so I got that instead. Here I am going on 5 vehicles later and still no Audi. It's always "the one that got away" when I see one on the road. But one of those 5 cars was a mustang and my longing for the Audi has melted away due to my love for mustang. There are many other things I consider as well like maintaining after warranty and the NA mustang beats Euro cars almost always. Nothing sounds like a mustang except a mustang.

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Well, this section of the forum is disheartening. I am going to the dearlership this morning to order a new 2019 Mustang GT. Now, I'm worried that it may never show up, get canceled and then have to order a 2020. They have one in stock with the equipment I want, but the wrong color. I may have to settle.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Well, this section of the forum is disheartening. I am going to the dearlership this morning to order a new 2019 Mustang GT. Now, I'm worried that it may never show up, get canceled and then have to order a 2020. They have one in stock with the equipment I want, but the wrong color. I may have to settle.
The safest bet is to settle, unless you have a wonderful dealer with awesome allocation and excellent luck, so many things can go wrong....but as you see, some people’s orders go through just fine.

Duffman8887

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
5426C920-A743-465E-90A3-56F748E7EB71.png
19577575-879C-4E50-816A-97AD12B94E1D.png
Good morning everyone quick update. This week i got a call from my dealer saying they heard car would be delivered by the 16th. I watched the days tick down to 1, and never saw it leave Awaiting Shipment. This morning i checked the tracker and saw it now says 22 days and a delivery estimate of 4/7/19. Weather will be great here in PA by then, and i guess i should have expected something like this since it would have been delivered 2 months from my order date had it arrived today. Any thoughts on the 3 week additional delivery time? We had originally thought the 2/25 blend date missed the steering wheel supply issue, but not sure what to think anymore. Thought crossed my mind that maybe a convoy of cars really isn’t coming this way until April, but I’m only 8 hrs away and it’s a high volume dealer.

Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
In the best of case, you'll get it for mid-June. Worst case probably August. Are you willing to wait?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not too surprised. With all the chaos the steering wheel thing has caused it makes sense it would affect other parts of the process. I imagine mine will shift to the right also. I am down to 9 days and still in production. I would think they would be on the same truck as my dealer is about a hour away from yours. April was what I was hoping for anyway so works out fine for me.

Duffman8887

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Not too surprised. With all the chaos the steering wheel thing has caused it makes sense it would affect other parts of the process. I imagine mine will shift to the right also. I am down to 9 days and still in production. I would think they would be on the same truck as my dealer is about a hour away from yours. April was what I was hoping for anyway so works out fine for me.
I was thinking the same thing ours will probably be on the same truck

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There is at least one other BigBeed who I think is getting his from the same dealer as I am and had a 3/5 blend date. So that also adds to them all being on the same truck.

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Well, wife and I didn’t want another white one, so we ordered and will have to wait. Hopefully we’ll have it by Halloween, lol.
Sponsored