Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Ordered January 28th. Scheduled to be built week of May 6th. Now to see if it will be delivered in time to go to tail of the dragon with some friends who have a trip scheduled.
There is about 8 weeks from order to scheduling best case. Dealer allocation and priority are big factors. Parts availability don't seem to be widespread but the steering wheel strike really caused a problem for cars being built in a 3 week window. That is just really bad luck.

When you ordered, the first available week was April 08, but it seems one of the factors (or something else) caused it to wait to be scheduled 2 weeks later. Actually not that bad, all things considered.
What I meant is that Teej ordered 1 week before me and will be built 2 weeks later than mine.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well I ordered my 19 PP2 on Sept 20th and I'm still waiting. The tracking system reports that I 8 days until delivery to dealer.
Yup, several others will be getting theirs in about the same timeframe including me. Multiple threads/posts stating why they won't build PP2's in the winter...hint its because of the tires :-)

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What I meant is that Teej ordered 1 week before me and will be built 2 weeks later than mine.
Probably due to allocation issues at his dealer.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered late Feb and 4 days later I received the email letting me knows it's built and on the way to the port to ship to Australia. Delivery scheduled for May.

magnetic_pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Yup, several others will be getting theirs in about the same timeframe including me. Multiple threads/posts stating why they won't build PP2's in the winter...hint its because of the tires :-)
Never thought it would take 6 months though.

Sponsored

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
Never thought it would take 6 months though.
My dealer said most people ordering PP2's were having to wait on average of 6-8 months. Now depending when they were ordered, (such as before winter) I could see the wait being long since they wouldn't build during winter because of the tires, but also, the dealer mentioned Ford had issues with getting Magneride (I think there are some posts on this). Either way, if mine comes around end of May, that is only 4 months from ordering to getting, so realistically not too bad. I think most places say 8-12 weeks, some may say 12-16 weeks.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My dealer said most people ordering PP2's were having to wait on average of 6-8 months. Now depending when they were ordered, (such as before winter) I could see the wait being long since they wouldn't build during winter because of the tires, but also, the dealer mentioned Ford had issues with getting Magneride (I think there are some posts on this). Either way, if mine comes around end of May, that is only 4 months from ordering to getting, so realistically not too bad. I think most places say 8-12 weeks, some may say 12-16 weeks.
LOL, really, that is what your dealer told you with a straight face? There is no evidence of that on these forums other than anecdotal. No dealer is going to tell you it will take that long to order a car unless they want most of their customers to go elsewhere. There are folks right now on this sight complaining about the wait because their dealer had no allocation. Then on top of that that steering wheel thing. I'm pretty sure none of their dealers told them it could take 6-8 months to get their car......for any reason.

mullick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R JR037, 2018 Fiesta ST
Thank you - had my heart set on a Mustang but I will be better off buying something that already exists. My husband has the dealer looking now for another Mustang he could obtain from a nearby dealer but the dealer just does not have the time it seems to get me taken care of. Hoping this poor customer experience is isolated to me because this is not something I would wish on any of y’all.
What spec are you looking for? The car I have been waiting for is arriving next
LOL, really, that is what your dealer told you with a straight face? There is no evidence of that on these forums other than anecdotal. No dealer is going to tell you it will take that long to order a car unless they want most of their customers to go elsewhere. There are folks right now on this sight complaining about the wait because their dealer had no allocation. Then on top of that that steering wheel thing. I'm pretty sure none of their dealers told them it could take 6-8 months to get their car......for any reason.
I ordered 2, through dealers with allocations. My order placed in September of 2017 was never built. The order I placed in September of 2018 will arrive next week.

I waited 1.5 years for this car and by now I'm over it. I contacted my dealer to cancel last month and they informed me it was in production. So if anyone is still trying to get a PP2 built there will be one in Minnesota for sale next week

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yeah I was told 2-3 months for my PP1 GT. After repeatedly asking for a VIN he asked me why and I don't him so I could track it and not have to bother him. Here we are 7 weeks in and still no VIN. He just says he places the order and 2-3 months the cars show up. Plan A is that the car will be there for me when I get home 12 May but if it's not, it'll be easy to just go elsewhere or explore other options. I have nothing invested so far other than the lust for the vehicle. He said 2-3 months and I traveled for work for 3 months so why not order. Reading about everything on this thread has prepared me for it not being there as well as being there so we'll see where the dice land. So far the sales guy is super cool to talk to and he's also trying to get me into his mustang club and go on drives and such. Obviously today is one of my more patient ones lol.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What spec are you looking for? The car I have been waiting for is arriving next

I ordered 2, through dealers with allocations. My order placed in September of 2017 was never built. The order I placed in September of 2018 will arrive next week.

I waited 1.5 years for this car and by now I'm over it. I contacted my dealer to cancel last month and they informed me it was in production. So if anyone is still trying to get a PP2 built there will be one in Minnesota for sale next week
What happened to the first one? Seems like others, you dealer was sub par on many levels.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah I was told 2-3 months for my PP1 GT. After repeatedly asking for a VIN he asked me why and I don't him so I could track it and not have to bother him. Here we are 7 weeks in and still no VIN. He just says he places the order and 2-3 months the cars show up. Plan A is that the car will be there for me when I get home 12 May but if it's not, it'll be easy to just go elsewhere or explore other options. I have nothing invested so far other than the lust for the vehicle. He said 2-3 months and I traveled for work for 3 months so why not order. Reading about everything on this thread has prepared me for it not being there as well as being there so we'll see where the dice land. So far the sales guy is super cool to talk to and he's also trying to get me into his mustang club and go on drives and such. Obviously today is one of my more patient ones lol.
Yes, about 3 months is the norm it seems. Anything lower is rare with more than 3 being a bit above rare. Not having a VIN after 7 weeks means your dealer has no allocations. You could be in for a 4-6 month wait.

mullick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happened to the first one? Seems like others, you dealer was sub par on many levels.
It got stuck initially due to the restriction on magnaride, then didn't get built because it was winter. When spring rolled around there was no word. The regional manager or whoever it was I talked to eventually "Invited me to order a 2019"

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It got stuck initially due to the restriction on magnaride, then didn't get built because it was winter. When spring rolled around there was no word. The regional manager or whoever it was I talked to eventually "Invited me to order a 2019"
What do you mean "got stuck" and what Magneride restriction? If you go back in time on this site there isn't a specific restriction ever documented. Anecdotal yes. So you waited until Sept 2018 to order the 2019? Why did you wait so long? How do you know your dealer had allocations available when you ordered?

mullick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told by the same regional manager that there was a commodity restriction on the magnaride dampers and that's why the car had no vin after months of waiting.

I waited a while to place another order as I was weighing my options and debating on an SS 1LE. Decided I wanted the mustang more.

I was friends with both salesman for many years through the car community so have no reason to believe they lied to me about allocations. I was told many times if I removed the mangaride (PP2) that I could have the car in 2 months tops.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes, about 3 months is the norm it seems. Anything lower is rare with more than 3 being a bit above rare. Not having a VIN after 7 weeks means your dealer has no allocations. You could be in for a 4-6 month wait.
We'll have to wait and see. If the delay is too long I'll just change my mustang into a ranger to throw everyone off lol
Sponsored