Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
All the people hating on it are funny. If they come out and say this thing has 475hp and 30mpg people will change there tune. Everyone hates the 15 now everyone loves them
don't care what it has. still have to love the look of it.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Because Ford surely didn't test it in the wind tunnel.....you can already tell it's more aerodynamic than the 15 on the front end. I can't say I love the front but I don't hate it. I'm sure it looks much better in the flesh and in a different color
Maybe so but it's the lines theyre just all over the place.

On the 15 to 17s the top and bottom grills flowed together and created an open shark mouth type feel. And the top fangs ran down into the bottom like one piece.

This is just too asymmetrical and all over the place. The 15 through 17 looks a LOT meaner looking, this looks wimpy. The top grill is also WAY too tall it just looks off compared to that last 20 years of mustangs.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Vinny_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT PP
The nicest part of the 15-17 was the clean sleek design, that front end looks like a frankenstein creation of a fusion, camaro, and prius all in one :barf:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Because Ford surely didn't test it in the wind tunnel.....you can already tell it's more aerodynamic than the 15 on the front end. I can't say I love the front but I don't hate it. I'm sure it looks much better in the flesh and in a different color
I am not saying they didn't.... I am just saying I have no idea why they decided to add those cutouts... If they were not there I think the headlights would have actually looked good.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
They took the sex appeal away. I'm severely disappointed. My girlfriend looked at it and said it looked like an unsexy smashed sandwich version of my car.

Alcyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I was the one who originally discovered the leaked video.

Here is the original source where I found it: http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20170116/6556724/New-2018-Ford-Mustang-V8-GT-with-Performance.htm.

I used a software on my computer to capture the video from the website. In Fact, you can see at the beginning of the video, the pause/play bar when I started the video capture.

After I discovered this video, I went back to Google some more information, but there was none! No one on the internet was talking about the video.

onenewspage.com was the only site that appeared to showcase the video.

So, I shared the video with this website in the "2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)" Thread, but it is no longer there...

I should have never replied to a thread, I should have just started a new topic with the announcement & video.

This is the thread I originally posted to, but it is no longer there: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69847&page=76

Anyway, be sure to check out the original source of the video. There are some sound clips with it.
Thanks for sharing! The quad exhaust sounds like a tame version of the 2012-2013 Boss 302 setup. Not bad.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Look at that EXCELLENT panel fitment. Man I hope all cars look like that...

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Waaaaaaay too much of an origami look to that front end. Not to mention no depth to the grille openings.

The rest is OK, really like the hood.
It does have a bit of a modern Japanese car look to it, with much sharper angles than the current front end.

It's not an ugly design in my view, but there's just something off about it. It lacks cohesiveness. I think you could argue that the current front end lacks a bit of that as well, but I was expecting this refresh to massage some of the those irregularities out of the design, but instead it seems to made it a bit worse.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
TERRIBLE....
Sponsored