Sponsored

2017 R at $25K ADM?

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Worth it or not? I can special order it the way I want.....
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
That's up to you, whether its worth it or not...try to get it for 20k adm....if not I'd buy a c7 grand sport for that kinda money spec'd the way I like, which will beat the 350r in every category other than the engine

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350R, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 E63 AMG, M3
I paid $10,000 over (long story)and was told someone tried to steal it from me by offering $50,000 over invoice last week before I took delivery. The person first offered $20,000 over then additional $30,000 if I would wait for the next allocation if there was one.
The dealer is a honorable and didn't budge from my deal. Thank you Green ford Greensboro!
So the demand is there for $25,000 over. That's just some info to help make a decision. My gut says anything under 100k long term will hold well with a R. We'll see.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
If you have the money and want it, it's worth it to you. 25k is not out of line for a 17 R.

Many will say "no way" or "I got mine at MSRP". Most will never have the oppertunity to own an R and due to the limited production, it will likley hold its value better than a non R GT350.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
That's up to you, whether its worth it or not...try to get it for 20k adm....if not I'd buy a c7 grand sport for that kinda money spec'd the way I like, which will beat the 350r in every category other than the engine
The R will toast the GS. Trust me, I owned a C7. It has a Z06 body but no different performance, in fact, It's most likely is a shade slower since it weighs more than a regular C7.

The C7 is a great car. Ive just always been a Mustang guy and feel the GT350 is a better car for me. YMMV.

Sponsored

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
It is your choice. I wouldn't if it was me.
$15k over is more what I would be willing to pay.
The demand is maybe there for $25k over depending on the region but ask yourself why so many Rs on ebay or elsewhere for sale with asking between $90 and $100k+ are not moving?
GL

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
The R will toast the GS. Trust me, I owned a C7. It has a Z06 body but no different performance, in fact, It's most likely is a shade slower since it weighs more than a regular C7.

The C7 is a great car. Ive just always been a Mustang guy and feel the GT350 is a better car for me. YMMV.
Lol....I'd be willing to bet my car that the GS with or without the z07 pack will beat an R around a TRACk, any track for that matter. For the money I would rather have an R if it was at msrp. But when you factor in ADM, the C7 GS with Z07 is the same price as an R with 20k markup, so I know which car I would choose.

The gt350/350r is an awesome car, I love mine, and at that price range, is hands down the best performance for the money. Part of the allure of the 350 is the fact that it's so much performance for the money, but at 20k+ adm i believe there are better options.

Belobog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Viper, 2012 Boss 302
No, not worth it. That price range is a different level of performance.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

No different performance yet it comes with a wider body, wider track, WAY bigger tires that are also stickier, and new suspension calibration, and it ways less than 50lbs difference compared to standard C7, and you think it will have no better performance? :crazy:

FWIW, the Z51 C7 was within 3 seconds per lap of the Z28 Camaro around VIR track... and that's comparing a road car with grand touring in mind to a dedicated track car with way bigger R compound tires and a track suspension setup... The new GS will easily eclipse the R's track times, it is lighter, lower centre of gravity, not a lot of difference in regards to power.

I still feel the R is the better car though, which is why I also bought one :)

Psypher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Mustang Shadow Black Tech PKG
No different performance yet it comes with a wider body, wider track, WAY bigger tires that are also stickier, and new suspension calibration, and it ways less than 50lbs difference compared to standard C7, and you think it will have no better performance? :crazy:

FWIW, the Z51 C7 was within 3 seconds per lap of the Z28 Camaro around VIR track... and that's comparing a road car with grand touring in mind to a dedicated track car with way bigger R compound tires and a track suspension setup... The new GS will easily eclipse the R's track times, it is lighter, lower centre of gravity, not a lot of difference in regards to power.

I still feel the R is the better car though, which is why I also bought one :)
Ever hear of a place called NĂĽrburgring... Take a quick look at the 100 fastest laps of all time. Low and behold sitting at #33 is non other than the GT350R ahead of the Z28 Camaro and I dont happen to see the Z51 C7 on the list.

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
GT350.PNG

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Ever hear of a place called NĂĽrburgring... Take a quick look at the 100 fastest laps of all time. Low and behold sitting at #33 is non other than the GT350R ahead of the Z28 Camaro and I dont happen to see the Z51 C7 on the list.
Yes, and the last gen Z06 did it significantly faster than the R as well, I believe 7:26, and the new GS is more capable than the last gen Z06, so whats your point? I love the GT350, own an R myself, but I'm not naive enough to believe it is faster than everything else out there. End of the day the Vette as a GS will prove to be a faster track car, it just has a better starting point being lower and lighter than the R does starting out as a Mustang. Can't beat physics.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just imagine taking $25K and giving it to them just because they have something that you want. And that's above what the manufacturer recommends it be sold at full retail.

I don't think the car is worth $25K over. If you are so wealthy that $25K means nothing, then go for it. I think that even though it is late in the game, you can do better.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
It all depends on your finances. Lots of people waste money on lots of things. 25k over list is just silly.

Personally, I don't get the hype over the R. My 350 is just for fun on the weekends. But I want a radio and an A/C and even the silly "back seats" so my dogs can come along.

I also sold a 2016 Z51 to get it, because I much prefer the mustang. I lost on the flip, but I got mine at msrp. So clearly, I've wasted my own share of loot in the deal.

If I were you, id pick up a non R and be thrilled about it.

Now if I had tons of money, and lots of garage space filled with other goodies, ok, I'd gonR for sure....just because.

But I've got a sneaky suspicion that many of us here don't have that luxury. Clearly, some do. If that's you, then 25k is not a factor. But if you are asking the question, you already know the answer.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I own a '17 C7 Grand Sport and I highly doubt it would beat the GT350R in any form... I'll confirm when I receive mine lol but I don't see that happening. Yes it's quick but not that quick. It lacks the supercharger it would need and was $84k with NO ADM... The DCT is quick but not enough to overcome the power of the Voodoo. It's basically a Z06 body on a Z51 chassis with wider tires the rears are 13.5" and yes they're pretty sticky and it does hook up pretty good. You really have to try to get it to kick out even with the nannies off.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Worth it or not? I can special order it the way I want.....
The only person/persons that you have to answer to are yourself and your immediate family when it comes to this decision and suggest that the rest of us don't really matter in your final decision.

I suggest that if you and your family are comfortable with this decision then I suggest that you pull the trigger but if for any reason you or your family do not feel good going forward then I suggest that you either negotiate a better deal or keep looking.

Good luck going forward and I hope that you either get this R model or another one real soon!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored