Sponsored

2017 GT350 Pics...Surprises....

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Viper has a huge motor, and its being discontinued. All those cars are unmatched in what way? Performance or passion and soul? Where is the McLaren 675LT/P1, Ferrari 488, Porsche 918, Pagani Huayra, Koenigsegg 1:1, etc that you so conveniently left out to bolster your own argument?

Im a huge NA fan, and most of the cars you listed are one of my top supercars, but at the same time, I am not blind.
This was your statement:

NA motors dont really stand a chance in the performance department.
Please tell me how Ferrari 458 Speciale, McLaren F1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Lexus LF-A, Porsche 911 GT3 RS 'don't stand a chance in the performance department', according to you.

Even the other cars not mentioned, the GT350R is going after cars 4x it's price tag, but hey, "it doesn't stand a chance when it comes to performance."
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This was your statement:

Please tell me how Ferrari 458 Speciale, McLaren F1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Lexus LF-A, Porsche 911 GT3 RS 'don't stand a chance in the performance department', according to you.

Even the other cars not mentioned, the GT350R is going after cars 4x it's price tag, but hey, "it doesn't stand a chance when it comes to performance."
Youre right, I didnt phrase it properly. NA cars do stand a chance. However, FI motors make more, with less, and are more efficient at the same time. Thats what I mean

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I can hardly wait until owners weigh their 2017 GT350 Mustangs. I would not be surprised if the 2017 is lighter.
I would be, there is nothing to indicate losing any weight, in reality most would likely be heavier by a few lbs.
Are you kidding? The new Viper outruns the new Z06, 13/14 GT500, ZL1, GT350 and even ZR1.

Not even mentioning the Ferrari 458 Speciale, McLaren F1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Lexus LF-A, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, etc ,etc. All N/A cars and unmatched.

Thanks for the laugh.
I think he means can't compete in efficiency. Which is clear. As the 488 with its turbocharged engine would dust off the 458, a p1 with its turbo engine would handle an F1 and things will only continue this trend as emissions standards become more strict. This very scenario is one of the key reasons I made the jump to buy a 350.. I also feel it's one of the reasons so many Porsche enthusiasts are grabbing up GT3's and GT4's for such steep markups... as the threat of forced induction across the brand is imminent.

When it comes to performance and efficiency there really is no match for forced induction. Especially turbocharging.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
U sure ? If base '17 weights in at 3760 lbs and it has coolers , '16 base must weight less then ! :shrug:
Just going by the weights listed on ford.com
When I weighted my 2016 GT350 track pack the 3791 weight ford claims was spot on.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So I'm assuming these have the soft door rollover.. still not seeing any difference between My 16 and these two 17s aside from the door speaker. Someone mentioned hard plastic, mine isn't hard pladtic. It's soft but like the console cover. :shrug:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
So I'm assuming these have the soft door rollover.. still not seeing any difference between My 16 and these two 17s aside from the door speaker. Someone mentioned hard plastic, mine isn't hard pladtic. It's soft but like the console cover. :shrug:
Correct. The top of the door panel is said to be a thin vinyl / leather. The same material as the door panel insert next to the Alcantra.
The top of my 2016 track pack door panel is hard, just like the outer and lower door panel.
I myself don't like the blue. That's just me.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I do find that less and less young folks are "car people".

However, and maybe its because i live in the south, i still come across quite a few youngsters that are into cars and trucks in a big way from a very early age. I do feel like things were a bit different when i was a kid. We had supercars on our walls ( countaches, f40s, xj220s). The supercars of today seem less iconic to me.

I also find that more young women love cars today than when i was a kid. I'll also say that their love for cars is not " that car is expensive, so that guy has money and that makes him attractive" kind of way. The, i want to drive that freakin thing kind-of-way.

It does sadden me that it seems the innate " turn your own wrenches" part of car culture is disappearing. Even in the 30-50 year old demo. It is now odd that i can and choose to do my own work when compared to other people that i meet.

As for the TTv6 vs v8 conversation, I'm more of the thinking " if it is fast, it is awesome". I think the ecoboost 6 in the GT is awesome. I was also one of those guys that bought an f150 the first year that the ecoboost was available in them. I also chose not to buy a navigator in 2014 because ford hadnt put the ecoboost in it yet. I loved the motor in my f150. I love the TT ecoboost in my explorer sport. I was at odds as to whether to put a 3.5 ecoboost in my protouring car, but ultimately ended up doing a coyote because the wiring harness/computer kit for the 3.5 didnt exist and i did not feel that i had the skills to figure it out myself.

I think ford is hitting on all cylinders in what they are bringing to market in the way of specialty cars. They are innovating and disrupting the market.

i am one of those odd folks that would LOVE to see a gt500 with a twin turbo, high horsepower, torque monster v6. If the numbers are there, and the car ends up 150-200 pounds lighter , to me, it is a winner.

I could also only dream that ford would REALLY go for it and also make it AWD. Would that alienate some of Ford's target Demo, absolutely! Would the car decimate all. probably! will ford actually do it? i highly doubt it.

the only thing that i really feel like ford is missing on it the 4 door sedan market. The taurus is boring, even in SHO trim.

A high horsepower RWD or AWD, manual transmission 4 door to compete with the cts-V would be amazing. I'd buy one tomorrow.

I loved my CTS-V 6mt wagon, but ultimately didnt want to hold onto it because, well, GM.

for the first time since the late 60s/early 70s, american cars are interesting again. Ford/Dodge/Chevy are doing great things in their product lineups. Build quality is going up, horsepower is going up and technology/innovation is making an impact.

BUT, with all of the nanny rules right around the corner, i also think that this is the last hurrah for new cars as we know them.
Lots of car folks in Ohio, Many of them young. Went to visit my son in WVU last weekend and the car culture is strong in the kids there. just depends on where you live, some young folks have different priorities, Many cant imagine the expense of a 60k or higher car with 3 dollar gas and 12mpg plus insurance. That's why the imports have such a strong young fan base.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Lots of car folks in Ohio, Many of them young. Went to visit my son in WVU last weekend and the car culture is strong in the kids there. just depends on where you live, some young folks have different priorities, Many cant imagine the expense of a 60k or higher car with 3 dollar gas and 12mpg plus insurance. That's why the imports have such a strong young fan base.
I agree 100%.
It depends on the location and part of the country. People in large cities and towns use public transportation and can't afford or care to deal with traffic. I thing the car culture is alive and strong. At least in my area.

Variance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2017 Shelby GT350
I'll bet they won't be honoring that "$25 over invoice" deal on that car...

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
that Shaker though LOL

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Correct. The top of the door panel is said to be a thin vinyl / leather. The same material as the door panel insert next to the Alcantra.
The top of my 2016 track pack door panel is hard, just like the outer and lower door panel.
I myself don't like the blue. That's just me.
Ah okay. Can't say I've had the desire to put my arm that far up on the door. Would be kinda awkward.

I do like the blue. I was going to get that on the 2017 allocation I had but ended up with a white 16 no stripes. Not sure which I like better honestly.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Didn't read the whole thread. Maybe someone mentioned the obvious fact that Ford is trying to emphasize and push the FORD PERFORMANCE image and slowly erasing Shelby's with this MY. I guess we will see more of that in the upcoming models.

IMO, after the 12 FP models by 2020, Shelby (by Ford) will be history.
Sponsored