Sponsored

2017 GT350 Pics...Surprises....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
How could you know anything about the people I hang with? I can't say whether you and I and our respective circle of friends are similar or different without knowing you and the people you hang with. I can say that I am and have been an automotive enthusiast for quite some time and I am a Ford fanatic. I have friends that bleed blue even more so than me and friends that are just gear heads in general.

Your opinion and thoughts about the future are indeed your own as are mine. I'm just looking at where the trend is heading. It doesn't mean its the way I want it to be. There was probably a time many decades ago when two people like you and I had a similar "discussion" about manual transmissions (not over the internet of course but in person, on the phone, or via carrier pigeon).
Bottom line is if your comments represent not only your thoughts but also those of your fellow car buddies then we are on very different pages as both individuals and as an enthusiast group of gearheads.

Again, neither of us can predict the future but I am very happy being much more optimistic about the future of the car hobby and the direction that the FMC is heading than the path that you suggest we are heading.

Lastly, to You (assuming you are a Father) and to all of the Father's out there, Happy Father's Day!!

Once you have given all of your wives, children, grandchildren and other family members a big hug and spent some quality time with them on Sunday go and jump in your old or new Mustang of any model and enjoy the day with your family and put some miles on these great Pony Cars!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:ford:
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yes, aftermarket parts have gotten cheaper and more cars are going faster cheaper and easier. We got all manner of parts from China and so on. Technology has also increased the performance of modern cars by a lot. But the statistics don't lie. Check my post to PP0001. The amount of people getting drivers licenses has been declining for decades particularly the youth. How can you be a car enthusiast if you can't legally drive? I know several young people who don't have a license, don't want one, and don't wanna drive either. When I turned 16 getting a license was a big deal but now its not.

I would prefer a GT with a V8, not an inline 3 even if it were faster. I just couldn't seeing paying 400K for a supercar with an inline 3. As for a 3.5TT vs a 5.0, how about an apples to apples comparison when we are talking 400K supercars. A 3.5TT V6 vs a 5.0TT V8. I will take the 5.0TT everyday of the week and twice on sunday. All things equal, the larger motor will make more power period. There is also the perceived value. How many times does the engine in the most expensive model of a vehicle have less cylinders naturally aspirated? I can't think of any.

Some people are always gonna race no matter what, feet, bicycle, car, scooter, and even when the electric cars rise up and become self aware. But the amount of people who are passionate about cars is declining. A thing to consider about people buying performance cars, is that they are usually more expensive. And the higher the performance, the higher the cost. So some people have the money and buy an exotic but don't know the first thing about driving or care about cars. It just says, look at me, I can afford this. And it says that to women, especially the young pretty kind. A comedian I heard once said some men just buy nice things to impress women, if he could f#*k her in a card board box he wouldn't even buy a house.

I do own a civic as you stated and no offense taken (are some people offended by that?). Its absolutely awesome. It was cheap and gets great mpg and I have no desire to mod it because it serves its purpose just fine. I also have a few SHO's and Mustangs and Ford trucks and some classic fords and some project cars. Nothing to write home about but I just didn't really feel the need to list all the vehicles I have on my profile.

People will always customize things, but what is Hotrod culture? Is a sound with system with 20 speakers hotrodding? How about 28" rims? Thats up for debate but to me part of hotrodding is making something better at doing something than it was meant to be. Faster, more capable off road, whatever. License plate frames and seat covers personalize a vehicle. But is that in a tangible and meaningful way? Is it hotrod culture? Some things are scribbles on paper and some are works of art. Now we are good and off topic.

Perhaps you live in another world.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
[MENTION=6898]MadCow[/MENTION] None of us agree 100% with everyone else but you are dead right on some points. One in particular, fewer younger people care or want to drive. If someone argues with you about that, they either don't have teen kids or at least don't have a large enough sample of what typical teenage kids are doing these days. Not that none of them get bit by the bug, they certainly do - but when I was growing up, I NEVER heard a friend say they didn't care about getting their license or their own car...it's pretty common these days and I think it speaks to a shift in interests, nothing more.

Does that mean the car hobby or enthusiast as we know it is dead? Not really - it's just changing. If someone cant see or admit that, I suggest that it's an age/generation thing. I always thought it was funny that my parents were stuck listening to a certain genre of music. Now I too am convinced that the music I had when growing up is the best and this new-fangled crap is...crap. Then I think about it and realize that every generation changes...in music, technology, values and yes....car culture, for better or worse.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
[MENTION=6898]MadCow[/MENTION] None of us agree 100% with everyone else but you are dead right on some points. One in particular, fewer younger people care or want to drive. If someone argues with you about that, they either don't have teen kids or at least don't have a large enough sample of what typical teenage kids are doing these days. Not that none of them get bit by the bug, they certainly do - but when I was growing up, I NEVER heard a friend say they didn't care about getting their license or their own car...it's pretty common these days and I think it speaks to a shift in interests, nothing more.

Does that mean the car hobby or enthusiast as we know it is dead? Not really - it's just changing. If someone cant see or admit that, I suggest that it's an age/generation thing. I always thought it was funny that my parents were stuck listening to a certain genre of music. Now I too am convinced that the music I had when growing up is the best and this new-fangled crap is...crap. Then I think about it and realize that every generation changes...in music, technology, values and yes....car culture, for better or worse.
I do find that less and less young folks are "car people".

However, and maybe its because i live in the south, i still come across quite a few youngsters that are into cars and trucks in a big way from a very early age. I do feel like things were a bit different when i was a kid. We had supercars on our walls ( countaches, f40s, xj220s). The supercars of today seem less iconic to me.

I also find that more young women love cars today than when i was a kid. I'll also say that their love for cars is not " that car is expensive, so that guy has money and that makes him attractive" kind of way. The, i want to drive that freakin thing kind-of-way.

It does sadden me that it seems the innate " turn your own wrenches" part of car culture is disappearing. Even in the 30-50 year old demo. It is now odd that i can and choose to do my own work when compared to other people that i meet.

As for the TTv6 vs v8 conversation, I'm more of the thinking " if it is fast, it is awesome". I think the ecoboost 6 in the GT is awesome. I was also one of those guys that bought an f150 the first year that the ecoboost was available in them. I also chose not to buy a navigator in 2014 because ford hadnt put the ecoboost in it yet. I loved the motor in my f150. I love the TT ecoboost in my explorer sport. I was at odds as to whether to put a 3.5 ecoboost in my protouring car, but ultimately ended up doing a coyote because the wiring harness/computer kit for the 3.5 didnt exist and i did not feel that i had the skills to figure it out myself.

I think ford is hitting on all cylinders in what they are bringing to market in the way of specialty cars. They are innovating and disrupting the market.

i am one of those odd folks that would LOVE to see a gt500 with a twin turbo, high horsepower, torque monster v6. If the numbers are there, and the car ends up 150-200 pounds lighter , to me, it is a winner.

I could also only dream that ford would REALLY go for it and also make it AWD. Would that alienate some of Ford's target Demo, absolutely! Would the car decimate all. probably! will ford actually do it? i highly doubt it.

the only thing that i really feel like ford is missing on it the 4 door sedan market. The taurus is boring, even in SHO trim.

A high horsepower RWD or AWD, manual transmission 4 door to compete with the cts-V would be amazing. I'd buy one tomorrow.

I loved my CTS-V 6mt wagon, but ultimately didnt want to hold onto it because, well, GM.

for the first time since the late 60s/early 70s, american cars are interesting again. Ford/Dodge/Chevy are doing great things in their product lineups. Build quality is going up, horsepower is going up and technology/innovation is making an impact.

BUT, with all of the nanny rules right around the corner, i also think that this is the last hurrah for new cars as we know them.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

However, and maybe its because i live in the south, i still come across quite a few youngsters that are into cars and trucks in a big way from a very early age. I do feel like things were a bit different when i was a kid. We had supercars on our walls ( countaches, f40s, xj220s). The supercars of today seem less iconic to me.

I also find that more young women love cars today than when i was a kid. I'll also say that their love for cars is not " that car is expensive, so that guy has money and that makes him attractive" kind of way. The, i want to drive that freakin thing kind-of-way.

It does sadden me that it seems the innate " turn your own wrenches" part of car culture is disappearing. Even in the 30-50 year old demo. It is now odd that i can and choose to do my own work when compared to other people that i meet.

As for the TTv6 vs v8 conversation, I'm more of the thinking " if it is fast, it is awesome". I think the ecoboost 6 in the GT is awesome. I was also one of those guys that bought an f150 the first year that the ecoboost was available in them. I also chose not to buy a navigator in 2014 because ford hadnt put the ecoboost in it yet. I loved the motor in my f150. I love the TT ecoboost in my explorer sport. I was at odds as to whether to put a 3.5 ecoboost in my protouring car, but ultimately ended up doing a coyote because the wiring harness/computer kit for the 3.5 didnt exist and i did not feel that i had the skills to figure it out myself.

I think ford is hitting on all cylinders in what they are bringing to market in the way of specialty cars. They are innovating and disrupting the market.

i am one of those odd folks that would LOVE to see a gt500 with a twin turbo, high horsepower, torque monster v6. If the numbers are there, and the car ends up 150-200 pounds lighter , to me, it is a winner.

I could also only dream that ford would REALLY go for it and also make it AWD. Would that alienate some of Ford's target Demo, absolutely! Would the car decimate all. probably! will ford actually do it? i highly doubt it.

the only thing that i really feel like ford is missing on it the 4 door sedan market. The taurus is boring, even in SHO trim.

A high horsepower RWD or AWD, manual transmission 4 door to compete with the cts-V would be amazing. I'd buy one tomorrow.

I loved my CTS-V 6mt wagon, but ultimately didnt want to hold onto it because, well, GM.

for the first time since the late 60s/early 70s, american cars are interesting again. Ford/Dodge/Chevy are doing great things in their product lineups. Build quality is going up, horsepower is going up and technology/innovation is making an impact.

BUT, with all of the nanny rules right around the corner, i also think that this is the last hurrah for new cars as we know them.
Not only do we agree on the same common car mods for our GT350, we also agree on the same outlook. :cheers: friend!

What some people don't realize is that years ago some kids did have pics of super cars on their bedroom walls. Not me, I had pics of shelbys, boss 302 & 429, Cobras, thunderbolts etc. in my area ALOT of younger people are still into cars, trucks and bikes. Many people do restomods and vintage cars and trucks. Just because some might not be into newer modern super cars or newer mustangs, camaros, challengers etc doesn't mean the interest is gone. I have an all original 1956 F100. Original paint that still has shine, no rust or rot, all original 272 Yblock and 4 on the floor. Part of me wants to drop a coyote in it, the other part says leave it alone which is what I'll more than likely do. Just leave it. It only has 27000 original miles in it and I get so many thumbs up from all ages when I take it out. I also have a 1947 ford cab over also original and low miles but needs work to make it road worthy. The hobby isn't dead. Just slightly different direction of interest. In the 70s some guys were building up 60s muscle cars and also 1920s-1950s cars. Those older guys may not of had interest in the newer 60s muscle cars of that time and may of thought the hot rod interest was dying off too. But we know now it didn't.

Sponsored

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt

If the SHO came with a proper manual I might be in that market.

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
This thread got complicated. I was just hoping to learn if the new 9 speaker stereo had a subwoofer so I could order a trunk mat. :)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
This thread got complicated. I was just hoping to learn if the new 9 speaker stereo had a subwoofer so I could order a trunk mat. :)
agreed. I saw the long posts and just kept scrolling..... :cheers:

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Sponsored

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I noticed that electronic package also comes with the exhaust toggle switch for MY 2017. This means that all non-R gets the switch.
2017_GT350_chassis.jpg
2017_GT350_Recaros.jpg
2017_GT350_switches.jpg

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I noticed that electronic package also comes with the exhaust toggle switch for MY 2017. This means that all non-R gets the switch.
No, the cars without either Electronics or Convenience packages don't get the toggles, just like the former Track pack cars.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just for the sake of ecoboost argument Ford just won Le Mans..

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
There was a 2016 car that was posted on this forum that had some shaker badging on it. I think that just was assumed to be a mistake at the time. Unfortunately i cant find the post. Maybe this is also a mistake ? Any other 2017 's I have seen pics of have not had the shaker logo on the dash.
Sponsored