Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I got a chance to drive a GT350 Track Pack this afternoon for about 2 hours on the road. This car is nothing short of incredible. THAT SOUND :eyebulge:.

Power: It just builds, and builds and builds. The 91 hp is definitely noticeable, but also noticeably shifted in the rev range. Around town you do need to rev it more to get the same scoot.

Brakes: Fantastic. Great feel, great pedal firmness, stops hard.

Steering & Handling: Sharper than a GT PP: instant communication and better feedback through the wheel. Ride quality with the Magneride set in Normal was better than my base GT and better than a GT PP. I didn't get to push it but for a couple corners, but it felt very neutral and lots of grip from the Super Sports.

Seats: Those Recaros are the bee's knees. Hold you in better than the optional GT/EB Recaros, but are more comfortable. The side bolster padding is more aggressive, but is softer...more like a very firm memory foam.

Shifter: Great shifter. It's not worlds better than the MT-82 (at least compared to mine now that I've got 15,000 miles on it), but the shifts are a bit more precise. I don't have as many complaints about the MT-82 shifter as some do here.

Did I mention the sound? It's addictive. You keep it in lower gears just to hear the bark when you jump on the pedal, and to hear the popping and gurgling when you lift off. It's loud, but not overbearing. Zero drone of any kind on the highway. In fact the overall noise level cruising on the highway was lower than my GT. The R is supposed to be a lot louder, and I might be sampling that on Thursday.

What a car. If I had the money, I would choose it over just about anything else, even above cars 2-3 times more expensive.
Cool! Can I help you sample the R? :headbonk:

This makes me even more excited to drive my '15.... they need to start shipping asap, as in yesterday! :D
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I got a chance to drive a GT350 Track Pack this afternoon for about 2 hours on the road. This car is nothing short of incredible. THAT SOUND :eyebulge:.

Power: It just builds, and builds and builds. The 91 hp is definitely noticeable, but also noticeably shifted in the rev range. Around town you do need to rev it more to get the same scoot.

Brakes: Fantastic. Great feel, great pedal firmness, stops hard.

Steering & Handling: Sharper than a GT PP: instant communication and better feedback through the wheel. Ride quality with the Magneride set in Normal was better than my base GT and better than a GT PP. I didn't get to push it but for a couple corners, but it felt very neutral and lots of grip from the Super Sports.

Seats: Those Recaros are the bee's knees. Hold you in better than the optional GT/EB Recaros, but are more comfortable. The side bolster padding is more aggressive, but is softer...more like a very firm memory foam.

Shifter: Great shifter. It's not worlds better than the MT-82 (at least compared to mine now that I've got 15,000 miles on it), but the shifts are a bit more precise. I don't have as many complaints about the MT-82 shifter as some do here.

Did I mention the sound? It's addictive. You keep it in lower gears just to hear the bark when you jump on the pedal, and to hear the popping and gurgling when you lift off. It's loud, but not overbearing. Zero drone of any kind on the highway. In fact the overall noise level cruising on the highway was lower than my GT. The R is supposed to be a lot louder, and I might be sampling that on Thursday.

What a car. If I had the money, I would choose it over just about anything else, even above cars 2-3 times more expensive.

Great write up bro !!!!! love what you said.....:headbang::cheers::clap2::ford:

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'm curious, has there been a tech pack review yet?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious, has there been a tech pack review yet?
Not an official review from a magazine that I've seen. Most of what I experienced today would be the same with the exception of the seats and the infotainment (which I didn't even interact with). Those two things have been well-covered with any of the Premium GT or EB cars.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Not an official review from a magazine that I've seen. Most of what I experienced today would be the same with the exception of the seats and the infotainment (which I didn't even interact with). Those two things have been well-covered with any of the Premium GT or EB cars.
Thanks!! I was just wondering is all. Thanks for the great review btw.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Tech? Don't need no stinkin' tech. Heck I wouldn't complain if my GT350 came with only an AM radio and one speaker! 99% of the time, I'd be listening to the sweet exhaust sounds anyway. The 1% will be reserved for the local weather forecast to the nearest track. :D

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Tech? Don't need no stinkin' tech. Heck I wouldn't complain if my GT350 came with only an AM radio and one speaker! 99% of the time, I'd be listening to the sweet exhaust sounds anyway. The 1% will be reserved for the local weather forecast to the nearest track. :D
Being that this is my only car I do like the luxuries that the tech pack has. If this was my 2nd or 3rd car I'd get the track or R. :cheers:

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
Being that this is my only car I do like the luxuries that the tech pack has. If this was my 2nd or 3rd car I'd get the track or R. :cheers:
You could always just save that extra grand for the tech pack and put it towards a nicer gps headunit later down the line with the track pack.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
You could always just save that extra grand for the tech pack and put it towards a nicer gps headunit later down the line with the track pack.
Nah. Cooled seats are nice. I sweat more than the average human and being that the humidity is bad here it helps a lot but I respect your opinion. :cheers:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
It's all good... I'd be on the same (good) dilemma if the GT350 would be my sole & only car. :cheers:

Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
It's all good... I'd be on the same (good) dilemma if the GT350 would be my sole & only car. :cheers:
It is a very nice dilemma to have haha.

TheLeftSchuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Raptor - '18 Dodge Demon - '67 Camaro RS/SS
I know track pack has the Recaros and Tech has leather heated/cooled seats. Does the track pack have air conditioning at all??

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I know track pack has the Recaros and Tech has leather heated/cooled seats. Does the track pack have air conditioning at all??
Yes it does. The only one that doesn't is the base R.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
It was a Ford hired spokes-person...do I know if he/they (it was a GUy and a girl, both clueless) is/are a 1099 , W-2 employee? No I do not know...:crazy:. The people in the KNOW..:lol: :doh: can disagree all they want...:thumbsup:
I've talked to Ford outsourced spokespeople who were (as you described) "clueless". People hired though an agency and coached to sit at a booth are a little different then spokespeople at a media event who are there specifically to deal with media and their questions.
"People in the know" is not a few dealers and vague public statements. Owens said "GT500 like numbers". That leaves leeway for demand. The FP/SVT team leader of the gt350 project told me that there would eventually be plenty of non-R's to go around…something echoed by arguably the most reliable (and often quiet, for obvious reasons) source for legit info on the late model Ford forums, DBK. No wonder he has only popped up on this forum once and often raises an eyebrow at some of the bad info around here.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
so....can we get back to reviews of the car itself and not go around in circles about production numbers. there's already threads about that.

where's randy at... i want to see instrumented tests from MT. preferably against the 911 and other cars in that pic.
Sponsored