Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT Emissions Standards

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
I am considering purchasing a lightly used 2016 Mustang GT/PP and it has less than 7,500 miles. Does ANYONE know if the 2016's models are "50-state emissions compliant" or are they 49-state emissions compliant (except for California) and CARB-compliant for California? If the car is 49-states emissions compliant with less than 7,500 miles, I cannot legally register it in California (and I'm not going to register it out of state because i do not own a residence outside of California). Any help would be much appreciated (and yes, I've sent Deysha at Ford a note about it with the VIN. Thanks!
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
No not all are. It's an option when ordering, it should be listed on the window sticker.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I am considering purchasing a lightly used 2016 Mustang GT/PP and it has less than 7,500 miles. Does ANYONE know if the 2016's models are "50-state emissions compliant" or are they 49-state emissions compliant (except for California) and CARB-compliant for California? If the car is 49-states emissions compliant with less than 7,500 miles, I cannot legally register it in California (and I'm not going to register it out of state because i do not own a residence outside of California). Any help would be much appreciated (and yes, I've sent Deysha at Ford a note about it with the VIN. Thanks!
redacted I guess I'm wrong.

WTF California.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I thought all Mustangs came with the CA emissions package...

I would think if the owner hasn't messed with the exhaust from the cats forward, or modified other engine parts, you'd be fine

OP
OP

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
I thought all Mustangs came with the CA emissions package...

I would think if the owner hasn't messed with the exhaust from the cats forward, or modified other engine parts, you'd be fine
In 2017, all vehicles manufactured will meet the 50-state emissions standards (including California). I've seen the window sticker and I don't see anything about the emissions at all. California is a real PITA on registering anything from out-of-state.

Sponsored

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I was told when I asked that my GT and all GTs came with Calif emissions. I live in JerZ and asked if I could order without it and the dealer said no.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OP
OP

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
It says "California emissions" on the window sticker.

All Mustangs are 50 states.
They are from 2017-on because that's indicated in the 2017 Order Guide, but I don't think that applies to 2016. The window sticker I have for the 2016 Mustang I'm looking at in Missouri does not say California Emissions Package whereas the one you listed from Ken Grody Ford in California does say that. I believe the California Emissions Package is a specific no-charge option on the 2016 Mustang.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
They are from 2017-on because that's indicated in the 2017 Order Guide, but I don't think that applies to 2016. The window sticker I have for the 2016 Mustang I'm looking at in Missouri does not say California Emissions Package whereas the one you listed from Ken Grody Ford in California does say that. I believe the California Emissions Package is a specific no-charge option on the 2016 Mustang.
IN 2015 and 2016. Depending upon the dealer and state it was ordered . California emissions were auto added .
For rest where CA emission is not strictly enforced it is an option

OP
OP

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
IN 2015 and 2016. Depending upon the dealer and state it was ordered . California emissions were auto added .
For rest where CA emission is not strictly enforced it is an option
In the case of the Mustang GT I was attempting to buy out of Missouri, the dealer confirmed it does NOT have CA emissions certification - only Federal 49-state. Because it has less than 7,500 miles on it, I can't register it in CA.

FWIW, this particular Mustang GT Premium is $34,990, has only 900 miles and has the following options:

401A
Performance Pack
Rear Backup Sensors
Enhanced Security Package
Navigation

MSRP was $43,170.

It also has Classic Design Concepts installed rear spoiler, side splitters, front chin spoiler and may have had the exhaust modified (per the CARFAX report). Race Red with silver stripes.

You can find it on Autotrader.com. It's at Bommarito Ford in Ellisville, MO

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I also bought my car used from out of state Houston, TX and had it shipped to Ontario, CA. When I picked it up, they handed me my smog certificate that showed that it passed CA emissions. I'm pretty sure I've seen a sticker under the hood or by the door jam that says 49 state emissions legal.
What exactly are the difference, as in what parts are different from a 49 state to a 50 state emissions legal?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
In the case of the Mustang GT I was attempting to buy out of Missouri, the dealer confirmed it does NOT have CA emissions certification - only Federal 49-state. Because it has less than 7,500 miles on it, I can't register it in CA.

FWIW, this particular Mustang GT Premium is $34,990, has only 900 miles and has the following options:

401A
Performance Pack
Rear Backup Sensors
Enhanced Security Package
Navigation

MSRP was $43,170.

It also has Classic Design Concepts installed rear spoiler, side splitters, front chin spoiler and may have had the exhaust modified (per the CARFAX report). Race Red with silver stripes.

You can find it on Autotrader.com. It's at Bommarito Ford in Ellisville, MO
thats true. SO initial owner might have BOUGHT ITin a state outside 49. and he did not get CA option.

But all Ca compliant states will need that

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Check it. Mine clearly says it is not CA regulated and the options for CA emissions is not on my window sticker. CA emissions from what I have compared locally actually say it under the hood. Sorry for the ginormous picture. haha

Sponsored