2015 Leather is Paper Thin...

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Unless you get cloth recaros, the leather ones are garbage. Mine have already been scuffed and I cannot stop wearing jeans. I figured when it's time to trade in the car, I'll hide the scuffed areas with black dye. I don't understand why manufactures use leather for sports cars...Alcantra > Leather in so many ways.
WHAT???? really? holly... can you show us the picture of that...?
I never hear this week leather seats at all... our cars are only like 1 year old. OMG... Ford has to be recall all the leather seats...

I am waiting for 2017 Raptor for my wife. Now i am so worry about it.
Sponsored

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Unless you get cloth recaros, the leather ones are garbage. Mine have already been scuffed and I cannot stop wearing jeans. I figured when it's time to trade in the car, I'll hide the scuffed areas with black dye. I don't understand why manufactures use leather for sports cars...Alcantra > Leather in so many ways.
Quality leather holds up fine, by the time I traded my AMG in it had 10 years/150K on the ODO and many track days, the seats looked basically new.

Nappa leather seats hold up really well.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Yeah Nappa and Dakota leather are great. The problem is the areas that are not leather though. They are just leather trimmed. So only the main seating faces are leather. The rest is paper thin and fake. They could have at least used a stronger quality synthetic.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This looks like the material is just giving out ... as there is no signs of scuffs or other wear around the opened up area. I think the material is weak and sub-par for seats. Maybe it was a bad batch of material, as it seems not everyone is experiencing this problem. That's the problem with having tons of vendors when building cars ... to many variables from vendors in order to obtain good quality sometimes.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51351&stc=1&d=1449498987

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
This looks like the material is just giving out ... as there is no signs of scuffs or other wear around the opened up area. I think the material is weak and sub-par for seats. Maybe it was a bad batch of material, as it seems not everyone is experiencing this problem. That's the problem with having tons of vendors when building cars ... to many variables from vendors in order to obtain good quality sometimes.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51351&stc=1&d=1449498987
hmmm that is really bad i got damaged on both side. so i have really bad luck. :shrug:

I sent PM to ford service few days ago and nobody send PM back yet. i am wandering they read PM or not...

Sponsored

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I wear jeans almost every day and in 10 months I have 17,912 miles on my 2015 GT Premium..... No holes, no wear marks at all... Are you wrestling in your mustang?

I just noticed it today, havent take it to the dealer yet. But what are they going to do? Replace it with another paper thin seat? I mean, the car has 800 miles on it and already has 2 punctures from just wearing jeans. This is just terrible quality. The only thing I could imagine fixing it is replace it with Recaro's as I would HOPE that Recaro would enforce better quality, but I dont see that happening.

OP
OP
Budwise

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
After 14 months of ownership I have not had any more marks on the seat and I realized why. For a while in the parking garage I used I had to park near a wall, like REALLY close to the wall to keep from getting near the other cars. I had to kinda slide out the drivers side seat to keep from hitting the door on the wall. This is when I'd nik the seat bolster. I've started parking elsewhere where I don't have that issue and no more marks or punctures. That doesn't mean its OK in my opinion, the seats are still pretty poorly made but at least I've learned to avoid the issue.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I've had similar problems on most of my cars that had high bolsters and leather, my Is 300 held up the best but still had marks on the bolsters. When I had my test drive I asked to drive the most tested mustang they had on the lot, which was a premium and i noticed the wear right away. Though I really would like the larger screen and premium real valence I think the Fabric on the Base is just about perfect.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Only thing I noticed, and almost immediately, was on the piping (not really piping, but that lip in between the stitches) for the outside back bolster, had some discoloration from friction getting in and out. If I put some leather comforting on that spot it brings it back. But a few times in and out it lightens up again.
Sponsored