Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I can see that you've been a member for a long time but your statements concerning this situation either intended to either generate the same old responses or you haven't been up to date on this thread. I'm not sure which.

Ford Performance Parts may not have built the car, but they are still Ford Employees and represent the company. So yes, they need to be understanding of owners concerns.

Finally I don't know who is more at fault here,
Ford engineers who couldn't build a reliable performance car
Ford Executives that advertised the most track capable mustang
Anyone at Ford that couldn't see Shelby customers taking it to the track with or without the coolers
Or me for believing ford was capable of delivering.

Now, I will have to find my own fix to their engineering mistake, their advertising mistake, and my ordering mistake.
I'm not making statements to "generate the same old responses" and as I said to you (specifically) before, I'm well versed on the subject matter of this thread. So you're clear, my focus is on the solution as opposed to expressing unease or dissatisfaction regarding decisions that were made by Ford when packaging content.

The people at the performance parts division are doing what they can. Had they a greater budget or more personnel, maybe they could have delivered a part(s) fix sooner. I have no doubt they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Rest assured that when the parts are available for purchase that they will have been well vetted and ready for duty.

Regarding your mention of "fault" I can say with confidence that Ford had highly experienced, hard working engineers on the GT350. I've met a number of them and walked away impressed with each one of them. This after some lengthy, technical discussions on many aspects of the car. Someone in management, and I won't speculate as to who, ultimately decided to equip or not equip certain versions of the GT350 with coolers, Recaros, navigation, etc. I don't fault or blame the engineers that developed the car. That said, the decision to package certain versions of the GT350 with a limited performance ceiling (in comparison to more track orientated versions) was lacking somewhat and I suspect you won't see it happen again on the S550 platform.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not making statements to "generate the same old responses" and as I said to you (specifically) before, I'm well versed on the subject matter of this thread. So you're clear, my focus is on the solution as opposed to expressing unease or dissatisfaction regarding decisions that were made by Ford when packaging content.

The people at the performance parts division are doing what they can. Had they a greater budget or more personnel, maybe they could have delivered a part(s) fix sooner. I have no doubt they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Rest assured that when the parts are available for purchase that they will have been well vetted and ready for duty.

Regarding your mention of "fault" I can say with confidence that Ford had highly experienced, hard working engineers on the GT350. I've met a number of them and walked away impressed with each one of them. This after some lengthy, technical discussions on many aspects of the car. Someone in management, and I won't speculate as to who, ultimately decided to equip or not equip certain versions of the GT350 with coolers, Recaros, navigation, etc. I don't fault or blame the engineers that developed the car. That said, the decision to package certain versions of the GT350 with a limited performance ceiling (in comparison to more track orientated versions) was lacking somewhat and I suspect you won't see it happen again on the S550 platform.
So is FP building a new cooler, or bracket, or even a pump or for the trans swap package are they building new parts for that? Will it be as vetted as the non-cooled GT350 apparently was?

Go to know that they won't make this mistake again, but that does me no good.

From my point the half assed the packages and now they are halfassing the fix.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Lemers, quite simply, a GT350 that is going to be tracked should take advantage of the cooling hardware designed to allow extended performance. If you don't like the solutions offered by FR's parts division then they can't help you.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
So is FP building a new cooler, or bracket, or even a pump or for the trans swap package are they building new parts for that? Will it be as vetted as the non-cooled GT350 apparently was?

Go to know that they won't make this mistake again, but that does me no good.

From my point the half assed the packages and now they are halfassing the fix.
If I had an opportunity to talk with a FP engineer, my one and only question would be:

"Why does the tech package add better shocks, springs, and drive modes, if the car cannot talk advantage of those improvements on a track. The track package adds the exact same chassis improvements (the aluminum brace vs steel and the wing do very little or nothing to improve performance). "

Question here - has anyone seen a performance comparison between a tech pkg car and a track pkg car? Shouldn't the lap times be identical?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lemers, quite simply, a GT350 that is going to be tracked should take advantage of the cooling hardware designed to allow extended performance. If you don't like the solutions offered by FR's parts division then they can't help you.
Yeah silly me thinking that the GT350 could out perform the Mustang GT in a track session with any option package.

FR's part division's solution is a non solution. It's not a complete package, it voids the warranty (so ford doesn't even stand behind it), and it's a hard lesson in dealing with this company.

Plan and simple as a customer I am not satisfied with FR's response.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Yeah silly me thinking that the GT350 could out perform the Mustang GT in a track session with any option package.

FR's part division's solution is a non solution. It's not a complete package, it voids the warranty (so ford doesn't even stand behind it), and it's a hard lesson in dealing with this company.

Plan and simple as a customer I am not satisfied with FR's response.
^This, in a nutshell. This does not look good for Ford from a number of different viewpoints.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Between this and the erratic AWD shutdowns on the Focus RS, it really taints the brand for me. I'm still happy with my cars overall, but I certainly won't trust them at face value any longer. Ford Performance had a lot of momentum and goodwill combining Ford's performance groups under one umbrella and as we all saw from the press, a LOT of people were excited about genuinely good cars coming down the pipe.

But they totally and utterly screwed that momentum and trust. I don't care what the remaining vehicles are that they have coming before 2020. I won't be their guinea pig in the future. I'm not totally sworn off the brand yet, but I will be skeptical of all claims of anything "track" related.

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When you get down to it, it has a damn Track setting...but it cant be tracked...Its pure BS... but luckily I have a shop with the skills to address this issue so I can go to the track this spring and not have to deal with Ford...and in the end, Ill have a bad ass, Track Capable GT350 with all the Tech goodies and comforts...
Make a video of your solution :headbang:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Between this and the erratic AWD shutdowns on the Focus RS, it really taints the brand for me. I'm still happy with my cars overall, but I certainly won't trust them at face value any longer. Ford Performance had a lot of momentum and goodwill combining Ford's performance groups under one umbrella and as we all saw from the press, a LOT of people were excited about genuinely good cars coming down the pipe.

But they totally and utterly screwed that momentum and trust. I don't care what the remaining vehicles are that they have coming before 2020. I won't be there guinea pig in the future. I'm not totally sworn off the brand yet, but I will be skeptical of all claims of anything "track" related.
You should not of trusted them in the first place. They are car manufacturer not family.

I would say plenty of people are still excited.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
You should not of trusted them in the first place. They are car manufacturer not family.

There are varying levels of trust.

Sure, people are always excited when they don't know of any reasons not to be. Reality is a harsh mistress.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

But they totally and utterly screwed that momentum and trust. I don't care what the remaining vehicles are that they have coming before 2020. I won't be there guinea pig in the future. I'm not totally sworn off the brand yet, but I will be skeptical of all claims of anything "track" related.
Well said.

I've had two FP cars and both have had a lot of little build quality issues to now more serious issues. I love my GT350 for the most part, but if it wasn't such a good car to drive, I wouldn't touch another FP car based on my two different experiences with them. Driving them for a review or for fun and giving them back to somebody is much different from living with these cars day to day.

Also, please stop with these bullshit posts. You know what he means about trust and I agree with him 100%.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Called--NSTR (nothing significant to report). More of the same.

Someone mentioned a media campaign. All for it. :ford:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Avoid the first year model I thought was kind of gone with the 80's. But I guess it's not and ford and GM has proved that. The 15 Z06 or the 15-16 350 base/ tech car has proved that. Buyer beware.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't plan to take my car to the track EVER! I just want to make it up interstate 15 to Vegas in the summer or just make it home in traffic with out the tranny going into limp home mode. It's happen to me three times already. When I go to the dealer they say nothing is wrong then quote me the line about getting coolers for spirited driving or trading in on a 17. I refuse to loose my ass on a trade in. Don't care how much I have to pay, just want a ford solution/kit. everything I might need instead of buying part by part. I just want a car I can drive on the street. And with that I'm done! Thank you guys for letting me vent!:mad:
That sir is a lemon law issue. If your car is going limp on the streets within normal parameters, they have to fix it. Document and send off for service.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

But they totally and utterly screwed that momentum and trust. I don't care what the remaining vehicles are that they have coming before 2020. I won't be their guinea pig in the future. I'm not totally sworn off the brand yet, but I will be skeptical of all claims of anything "track" related.
Hey Matt,

I completely understand. I am reading between the lines here, but are you experiencing limp mode in your new '17?

Thanks
Sponsored