Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
they might be waiting to fill orders to ship a truckful at once?:shrug::headbonk:
i dont think that is it. there are a few of us here, seem to be built about a week before mine and a week after mine whos cars are all still sitting there. One dealer in my state got their car last week, they are the only one in AZ so far when my dealer looked today, the other 5 or so that have them on order are not here either. those of us waiting seem to be in different states, not close to each other as well. If they would just tell me, it will be a few more weeks we found something we need to address or something, i would be fine, but this we are not saying and your car is built and have no idea when its going to be released is ridiculous.

vin is 0418
Sponsored

Last edited:

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Ordered mine on 5/26 received a VIN last Friday. Called Ford Performance and my car is scheduled for the week of 12/21. Last 4 of VIN is 1975. Avalanche/black roof/tech pack

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Disneyfun1, there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the sporadic shipments. My 2016 was built 9/24 and hasn't shipped and there are people with 2015's built end of July that haven't shipped. Big cluster F on Fords part. A little info from them would go a long way to making sense of it all.

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Ordered mine on 5/26 received a VIN last Friday. Called Ford Performance and my car is scheduled for the week of 12/21. Last 4 of VIN is 1975. Avalanche/black roof/tech pack
I ordered 6/2, mine is scheduled same week as yours. VIN 1959. Cheers :cheers:

Consola Performance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350R, 03 10TH ANN. COBRA, 88 GT CONV.
Disneyfun1, there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the sporadic shipments. My 2016 was built 9/24 and hasn't shipped and there are people with 2015's built end of July that haven't shipped. Big cluster F on Fords part. A little info from them would go a long way to making sense of it all.
I can't tell you why there's no rhyme but I can tell you the reason. When the vehicle reaches F1 (final line 1) it has the final QC check before leaving the plant and then test driven. If any problems are found the vehicle goes into a staging area for repair. Since there is no requirement for the vehicles to be sent to the shipping yard in order the technicians are required to repair the vehicles with the easiest repairs first.
An example would be a QC check that was not simply signed off in the computer. The tech looks at the suspected problem signs it off and it sits until someone needs an area to work on another vehicle. He then has a driver move the vehicle to another location to wait to be driven. If a problem is then found the process starts all over again.
Also I've heard through the vine that they've had, a big time quality issue, that he wouldn't tell me about. So the retrofit vehicles are just setting out in the lot until they're worked back into the system.

Sponsored

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
When I was at the Dealer that got A Shelby 2015 GT 350 it had special loading instructions with it. The front spiitter was not install and the GT 350 can only be loaded on the lower level of the truck. They must be backed on and only two per truck.
Can anyone confirm? May cause some back up at the shipping yard.

Mustang Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
13 ZL1 vert
i dont think that is it. there are a few of us here, seem to be built about a week before mine and a week after mine whos cars are all still sitting there. One dealer in my state got their car last week, they are the only one in AZ so far when my dealer looked today, the other 5 or so that have them on order are not here either. those of us waiting seem to be in different states, not close to each other as well. If they would just tell me, it will be a few more weeks we found something we need to address or something, i would be fine, but this we are not saying and your car is built and have no idea when its going to be released is ridiculous.

vin is 0418
I completely understand your frustration. However, they are starting to move. Mine is 0404 and received it today. No word ever from Ford about what was taking so long or when to expect it (mine was built on 10/20 after first being scheduled for 8/19). But it just suddenly arrived yesterday. Ford's handing of this is not good and frankly I have bought a lot of special cars through the years from multiple manufacturers and this was the worst experience of all. My dealer has been great to work with and just as frustrated as me about Ford's non-communication. Just goes with the territory I suppose.

Having said all that, OMG! What a cool car. Mechanical music from the engine, impeccable balance, paint, body and interior are flawless and look like a jewel. Handling is off the chart good. We're going to love these cars once we get past the frustration. Hang in there. :cheers:

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
I completely understand your frustration. However, they are starting to move. Mine is 0404 and received it today. No word ever from Ford about what was taking so long or when to expect it (mine was built on 10/20 after first being scheduled for 8/19). But it just suddenly arrived yesterday. Ford's handing of this is not good and frankly I have bought a lot of special cars through the years from multiple manufacturers and this was the worst experience of all. My dealer has been great to work with and just as frustrated as me about Ford's non-communication. Just goes with the territory I suppose.

Having said all that, OMG! What a cool car. Mechanical music from the engine, impeccable balance, paint, body and interior are flawless and look like a jewel. Handling is off the chart good. We're going to love these cars once we get past the frustration. Hang in there. :cheers:
Congrats! :cheers:

Pictures Please or it's not real!

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
When I was at the Dealer that got A Shelby 2015 GT 350 it had special loading instructions with it. The front spiitter was not install and the GT 350 can only be loaded on the lower level of the truck. They must be backed on and only two per truck.
Can anyone confirm? May cause some back up at the shipping yard.
yes, the loading sticker is on the driver side window in yellow on how they have to load them, the splitter comes in the trunk for the dealer to install so they dont break or get scraped loading on the train or truck.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
Drainey.
The dealer is smaller with only a couple allocations I am the first one. This led to taking the long time for it to get pulled - and they warned me up front

When I checked other larger dealers in dfw most either had large ADMs or were going to have the "highest bidder" when the cars arrived.

We dfw area guys should all get together at some point once a few of us have cars

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Consola Performance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
yes, the loading sticker is on the driver side window in yellow on how they have to load them, the splitter comes in the trunk for the dealer to install so they dont break or get scraped loading on the train or truck.
That's why I'm doing most of the PDI myself. Sorry not hating on the Ford technicians, I have my own shop.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Consola Performance, thanks for the QC explanation. For a high volume mfg. that process makes some sense.
Wonder what the big time QC issue was. I'm sure it will leak out eventually.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I'm doing most of the PDI myself. Sorry not hating on the Ford technicians, I have my own shop.
dont the techs report back to ford saying the vehicle passed inspection or something during PDI? theres not much to PDI itself (disabling transport mode, attaching center caps, top up fluids, wheel alignment) but if you PDI yourself and something went wrong after, ford wouldnt stand behind it am I right?

Consola Performance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Consola Performance, thanks for the QC explanation. For a high volume mfg. that process makes some sense.
Wonder what the big time QC issue was. I'm sure it will leak out eventually.
I haven't heard of anyone getting an R. If that is the case the rumor I heard was that they were having problems with the CF wheels.
I know they had a seat belt recall but I haven't heard of anything else. But I know they're being really tight lipped. My guy won't even tell me.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
2015+ Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

I haven't heard of anyone getting an R. If that is the case the rumor I heard was that they were having problems with the CF wheels.

I know they had a seat belt recall but I haven't heard of anything else. But I know they're being really tight lipped. My guy won't even tell me.

They said they weren't shipping any Rs in the winter due to the tire compound.. And that's what's happening it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored