Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
This always happens with a new vehicle. Back in 2006 we were doing this about the GT500, then when the Boss 302 came out, same thing. When the 50ths were built last year, everyone was uptight about delivery. Ford holds the cars for QC until they are sure all the bugs are worked out. I was told last may to expect the car late fall. I was told it would be built in July and it would take a few months until all were ready to go.
I get ya man. I'd would 100% rather them have everything good and ready to go instead of shipping just to fulfill commitments. On the other hand, I hate being told by my dealer, who seems absolutely sure of themselves, that my car will be on their lot by 11/2, guaranteed. I took it w/ a grain of salt but I'm a bit weak willed and I bought into it and now I'm just sad face. Lol all good though.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This always happens with a new vehicle. Back in 2006 we were doing this about the GT500, then when the Boss 302 came out, same thing. When the 50ths were built last year, everyone was uptight about delivery. Ford holds the cars for QC until they are sure all the bugs are worked out. I was told last may to expect the car late fall. I was told it would be built in July and it would take a few months until all were ready to go.
That's exactly the same thing I was told and I'm surprised how many people are complaining when nothing has changed from what Ford said since last year in November when they first announced the car.

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
I think the dealers just make up a date to tell people. I don't trust them.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Ordered in June, Huntsville Alabbama

GT350 with Track Pack in magnetic metallic, that's it!

Kind of like my current car, 15 GT with Performance Pack, Recaros in magnetic black : )

Hopefully I'll get a build and delivery date soon!:ford:

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Everyone one waiting a 2015 GT350 to be delivered...chill out......This is a 2016 car Period.....it was only a few months ago that they announce a 2015 GT350 model year, up until then everyone was thinking of only getting a 2016... The 2015's will be here before 2016, and who knows maybe a hand full of the 2016's prior to the new year will be here as well. So many people are spoiled with have a new model year cars so early in the prior year, that its impairing their decisions .......happy waiting !

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Everyone one waiting a 2015 GT350 to be delivered...chill out......This is a 2016 car Period.....it was only a few months ago that they announce a 2015 GT350 model year, up until then everyone was thinking of only getting a 2016... The 2015's will be here before 2016, and who knows maybe a hand full of the 2016's prior to the new year will be here as well. So many people are spoiled with have a new model year cars so early in the prior year, that its impairing their decisions .......happy waiting !
Actually getting a car the actually in 2015 with model being 2016 is nothing new.
For several months you can buy most 2016 models.
I think if Ford had of not been moving the goal post every couple of weeks, then expectations would not be where they are now. Even more frustrating
is the lack of anything from Ford on this situation.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
I guess I'm old school. When I tell someone I'm going to do something on a certain date and can't do it, I'll tell them I can't do it before that date happens. I'd even give them a good excuse as to why I can't do it, when I CAN do it, and then try to compensate them for any inconveniences I might have caused them.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I guess I'm old school. When I tell someone I'm going to do something on a certain date and can't do it, I'll tell them I can't do it before that date happens. I'd even give them a good excuse as to why I can't do it, when I CAN do it, and then try to compensate them for any inconveniences I might have caused them.
And when did Ford tell you it was going to do something on a certain date? :frusty:

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
When they said it would be built 8/17, then 8/31, then 9/14, then ....

And if you want to give me the "estimated eta" speech if you won an "estimated jackpot of 5 mil dollars" and it was actually 50 bucks I'd think you'd be a little frustrated too.

I'll wait. But I also have every right to be frustrated. The communication from Ford and Ford Performance has been horrible through this process. It is what it is.

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
I am just so happy. Put order in/money down in July and now have a VIN and build date I hope they figure the shipping out in a month and it does not sit a cold Michigan winter for two months like other have over the summer that is all.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Seriously.

Anyone defending Ford at this point with ETA BS or any other fanboy reason is just ludicrous.

Either there really is actually something they are fixing on all the cars built while they continue to build cars, or they were ridiculously optimistic with their ability to produce these cars.

I was told to expect my car in late October. I still don't even have a VIN. Who knows maybe it will be processed, produced, qc'd, shipped, and delivered in the next two weeks. Half full glass.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Speaking of bs, any proof that they are "fixing these cars?" No I don't want an analysis, I want documentation stating that they are "fixing an issue."

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
There I made an edit so it's easier to understand I wasn't making declaration. Carry on

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I think maybe everybody is right? Are we Americans an impatient people? - yes, I, and the rest of the world seem to think so. Is it a bad thing? - in many ways, maybe not. Without impatience, would we have Jiffy Lubes, Fast Food Restaurants, Drive-thru "everythings", and on and on. Working for a large commercial builder I can say that owners are often just as concerned about WHEN the building will be done as how much it will cost!? And it's nice to have the chatter back and forth to pass the time, while waiting for something, anything, to happen. So thanks to all !

Mustang Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
13 ZL1 vert
I know this is the Mustang forum, and I'm very excited to get a screaming 8250 RPM Shelby, however, for comparison sake, I bought a certain car from another American manufacturer a few years ago, similar situation:
New car, never been built before, different front clip, brand new engine, different tires, brakes, frame etc.

When they assigned the serial number last of January they told me my car would have the "marriage" of chassis and body on March 30 at 12:30pm. I arranged to go the factory and watch it being built and March 30 at EXACTLY 12:30pm the body came sliding down the rails and mated up to the chassis. AND one week later I picked the car up.

So, I am super excited to get my hands on this incredible car, but COME ON Ford! Get it together!
Sponsored