BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The Camaro will always be seen as a reaction to what Ford had done and, therefore, perceived as unoriginal. GM fans my not like it, but that's just the way it is.
^^^^^Quoted for truth!
Sponsored

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
2016 Car & Driver VIR Lightning Lap videos.....enjoy!!!

1LE V6
[ame]
1LE SS
[ame]
GT350R
[ame]
C7 Grand Sport
[ame]
ACR
[ame]

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
I wish they had used the external gopro mount like on the other cars for the 1LE SS's split screen view video, that helmet POV angle was not very good by itself.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for posting those videos. Now we know who drove the cars.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
2016 Car & Driver VIR Lightning Lap videos.....enjoy!!!

1LE V6

1LE SS

GT350R

C7 Grand Sport

ACR
Thanks for posting. Wow 92 grand for a non Zo6 Vette.

Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
The 1LE is pulling 1.1 and greater G's in the corner, which means those tires are putting in work and gripping pretty close to cup2 tires. So I think it safe to say that the 1LE is pretty closely packaged to the GT350R, minus the CF wheels. I'm not at all surprised by its performance and the gap between it and the GT350R makes sense. Unfortunately this makes most think the GT350 is overpriced and it probably is, but Ford isn't going to change their pricing on it.

Does make me wonder if Ford is going to bring in a well equipped track pack to close the gap between the GT and the GT350. Enough to make it better than a SS but far enough way from the GT350 that it doesn't piss off past owners?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
You mean like the dicked over Z28 owners that paid 30k more for a car that's equal to the 1le?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
You can't let fear of owners of previous cars prevent progress.

Should Boss 302 owners be upset that the GTPP basically produces B302 levels of performance for less?

Should people who paid $60,000 for a Gen 5 ZL1 be upset that the Gen6 ZL1 is basically going to club the ever loving crap out of it in nearly every performance metric?

Progress can't and shouldn't be stopped in the automotive world..even the GT350R will eventually be topped by a "lesser" model Mustang..although probably not until the 7th Gen.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
To recap:

-GM did a great job with the 6thGen 1LE package
-1LE packaged Camaro could equal/outperform a GT350 track pack optioned car around a track
-1LE packaged Camaro is still just a 1SS with an option box ticked
-Very few people are likely to order a SS with the 1LE option
-GM fanboys are going to continue to visit this site proclaiming the virtues of the 6thGen Camaro and insinuating that anyone looking to buy a more expensive GT350 over a 1LE packaged SS is a dumbass.
-Liking a sunroof does not make you a Nancy.
I disagree...

The 2017 1Le didn't take a lot of engineering to it pull off. Essentially, a 2017 1Le is all the equipment that couldn't make the budget to begin with. Or, they are SS options any way and they cut you a deal if you agree to spend 1Le money. Everything had been cherry picked from the C7, ATS-V and ZL1.

thePill absolutely refuses to take a H2H's word on anything Chevy related. The z28 was the end for me and I assume a lot of other members as well. It ran a 1.37.7 at Laguna Seca and many people now believe that the Goodyears are that good. Even when MT wrote an article about "Do tires matter" hosting a z28 and 1Le some time ago. They said no... Are theses Goodyears nearly R class rubber? If so, are we praising Chevy again for adding tires and clapping before the results? Ford earned that 1:36 at Laguna, wheels, tires, engine... all of it.

Now Chevy shows up 2 years later in a heavily optioned SS in R rubber and want the same accolades as the GT350 for being 2 seconds slower?

I disagree Garage... Chevy FAILED to overthrow the GT350 with a simple SS package. The test alone is suspect after the z28 showed up with 30hp over... and still got slaughtered.

Lightning Lap was done by the same driver, maybe even the same day... All in all, it's another Camaro with Caddy brakes and race rubber.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Same here but likewise, the vast majority of Mustangs I see are V6 and Ecoboost cars.

Actually, it seems like I see more Ecoboosts than V6s but either one outnumbers the GT by a mile.
I've never even seen a 1LE on the road here ever. And I see GTs a few times a week.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Unfortunately this makes most think the GT350 is overpriced and it probably is, but Ford isn't going to change their pricing on it.
You could make any box of crap pull high Gs. Just put wide and sticky tires on it.

The GT350 with the unique flat plane crank motor costs more than something with sticky tires and a truck motor. Not surprising to me.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You could make any box of crap pull high Gs. Just put wide and sticky tires on it.

The GT350 with the unique flat plane crank motor costs more than something with sticky tires and a truck motor. Not surprising to me.
I hate when Chevy tells people there were no new part numbers for the 1Le. That just sounds awful whether it's true or not. As time goes on, I have more difficulty considering cars that share parts as world class. The Mustang has reached an MSRP where it NEEDS to be its own thing and use its own systems. Or, at the very least, design around existing components and get a streamlined product. But sharing doesn't allow this...

Chevy designed the C7 around all of the existing technology like the transaxle, LT1, suspension. The S550 designed around the Coyote/Getrag and its suspension. You can tell and feel the Camaro was built from something else. There was a time when that was fine but now, at $50k, people want it to be unique...

...and that's where the Mustangs design ends the comparison. Sales should prove that.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
The 1LE is pulling 1.1 and greater G's in the corner, which means those tires are putting in work and gripping pretty close to cup2 tires. So I think it safe to say that the 1LE is pretty closely packaged to the GT350R, minus the CF wheels. I'm not at all surprised by its performance and the gap between it and the GT350R makes sense. Unfortunately this makes most think the GT350 is overpriced and it probably is, but Ford isn't going to change their pricing on it.

Does make me wonder if Ford is going to bring in a well equipped track pack to close the gap between the GT and the GT350. Enough to make it better than a SS but far enough way from the GT350 that it doesn't piss off past owners?
This is such a joke comparison. The 1SS is total trash on the interior, completely impractical, and is a GovMoChevy POS.

Comparing it to a GT350 is insulting to the Mustang which had another price increase just in the past week or so...
Sponsored