1 of 1 ...................???????

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Is this a 1 of 1, or were others let though the assembly line?
I met this owner at the 60th anniversary held at Barber Motorsports Park.

IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0980.JPG

The original owner indicated that he has photos of the taillights at the dealership with the mis-matched taillights prior to purchasing the vehicle he had ordered.
Ford assembly workers just plain screwed up.............. is this a 1 of 1?
Or are there more of these out there?
Sponsored

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I don't remember but i don't think it's a straight swap. I feel like i had to do something to the plugs.

OP
OP
dpAtlanta

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I don't remember but i don't think it's a straight swap. I feel like i had to do something to the plugs.
WTF…. I have no idea how this reply has anything to do with mis-matched taillights.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I was there too...saw that car (recognize the license plate) and didn't notice that.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not confusing - It's being suggested that it happened before he took delivery. Cars come damaged sometimes and the dealer must repair them. "IF" there is more work required to install the wrong light, it's not likely it was a factory mistake, is what they are saying.

It's an oddity, IMO - not something I'd keep repeating at every cars and coffee - I'd fix it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This, regardless of the story.

Not confusing - It's being suggested that it happened before he took delivery. Cars come damaged sometimes and the dealer must repair them. "IF" there is more work required to install the wrong light, it's not likely it was a factory mistake, is what they are saying.

It's an oddity, IMO - not something I'd keep repeating at every cars and coffee - I'd fix it.

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
Mistakes happen. Back in the early 70s, my father in law bought a Maverick. The chrome badge on the dash, said Mercury.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

But but but…. He won’t fix it because in some years he’s sitting on a Meeeeellion dollas because he has the only S550 with mismatched taillights….. LOL

(I’d fix it too…)

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I went on a Shelby club trip with my pops 15 yrs ago to walk the production line and meet the person who built his engine on his GT500. Some amazing people down there…really impressive…and some clearly capable of doing a lot worse than putting the wrong tail light on haha!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
It would be interesting to see the two date stamps of the tail lights, and compare with the production date of the car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Quality is job 1….

I seem to recall in one of the order threads (M1 maybe) that someone that ordered Recaro’s got one Recaro and one comfort seat. I could be be misremembering but it was something along those lines. So, something like mismatched taillights (assuming it came that way from factory) isn’t surprising. And honestly I’m not sure how many dealers would actually notice it in the pre-delivery inspection. Two taillights? Check, onto the next item on the list…
Sponsored