Sponsored

GT350 and 350R update

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats on the cars, I would love to hear your thoughts on this car and
some comparisons. Also I would enjoy hearing about the Boss and on track thoughts.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I will cheer this post on if the OP actually tells us about the cars, rather than flaunting them in front of us. While I am happy for a fellow Mustang owner, this is a rather shrouded boast. Two GT350s? I applaud you, and congratulations. You must be so excited.

I was one of the first people to get a very rare drumset not long ago, similar in production difficulties to the GT350. It took over 6 months to receive, when I was originally told 3 months. I was on similar drum forums, with mass frustration similar to this forum. However, when I received my drums, I posted pictures from every angle, and I answered questions. I didn't just abandon the people there when I got what I wanted, because I suffered with them all before.

I'm not going to complain about any pictures of the currently-rare GT350, because I could stare at the car for days, but fluff posts like this with no real content kind of offend me, and the people who cheer them on kind of offend me as well.
argh

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sorry you didn't like the post. All I have thus far are my dealer's cell phone pics; service isn't open until Monday, and I'll have more pictures and some driving impressions then.

In the meantime, here's what I spent my Friday doing. I can talk your ear off about the Boss 302S, but it's not an S550 and there's not a forum on this board where it seemed appropriate to post.

What make is the first car you passed? Was that a Fairlane?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I will cheer this post on if the OP actually tells us about the cars, rather than flaunting them in front of us. While I am happy for a fellow Mustang owner, this is a rather shrouded boast. Two GT350s? I applaud you, and congratulations. You must be so excited.

I was one of the first people to get a very rare drumset not long ago, similar in production difficulties to the GT350. It took over 6 months to receive, when I was originally told 3 months. I was on similar drum forums, with mass frustration similar to this forum. However, when I received my drums, I posted pictures from every angle, and I answered questions. I didn't just abandon the people there when I got what I wanted, because I suffered with them all before.

I'm not going to complain about any pictures of the currently-rare GT350, because I could stare at the car for days, but fluff posts like this with no real content kind of offend me, and the people who cheer them on kind of offend me as well.
Get over yourself, I'm offended you're offended.

OP
OP
treynor

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
What make is the first car you passed? Was that a Fairlane?
I'm not sure how much Fairlane was left in that particular car :D , but yes - SAAC helpfully posted up the run groups including car number, and that #14 car was a '66 Fairlane : http://www.norcal-saac.org/reg/ot/rungroup.php?event=1511ls

It was a great track day. Everyone was courteous on-track, almost everyone was also aware of their surroundings, and the conditions were near-perfect. It was my first day driving the 302S, and it honestly surprised me with both how friendly it was to drive, and how quick (1:39s on a shakedown day?? :ford: ).

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm not sure how much Fairlane was left in that particular car :D , but yes - SAAC helpfully posted up the run groups including car number, and that #14 car was a '66 Fairlane : http://www.norcal-saac.org/reg/ot/rungroup.php?event=1511ls

It was a great track day. Everyone was courteous on-track, almost everyone was also aware of their surroundings, and the conditions were near-perfect. It was my first day driving the 302S, and it honestly surprised me with both how friendly it was to drive, and how quick (1:39s on a shakedown day?? :ford: ).
Warning, venturing OT!

Very cool! I recently sold my first car from when I was 16... a 68 Mustang. I always wanted to do a pro-touring car out of it but the time and money required to do it the way I'd want was just too much. Anyway, during my research, I found a builder that was turning out some very cool projects. One of them is kinda up your alley (it's the correct color, anyway!).

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/libby/

This is a pretty awesome race car, IMO.

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/libbymustang/

OP
OP
treynor

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
Warning, venturing OT!
Heh. This thread took a sharp left turn back on comment 23; posts like yours get it back on the topic of cars, at least :)

Those pro-touring cars are gorgeous. One of the cars on-track Friday was a yellow pro-touring '67 Shelby with 580HP and weighed 2600 lbs wet. That car would leave me like I was parked on the straights, and it definitely piqued my interest. If only I had more time for track days ...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Congratulations on the pair, Ben! You now have the rare opportunity to beat all the magazines with a comparison test of the GT 350 vs. GT 350R! :headbang:
Lol - hadn't considered that. I second this.

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It will be interesting to have the comparison, from someone who has track time.
I look forward to your impressions of both cars.

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the cars, I would love to hear your thoughts on this car and
some comparisons. Also I would enjoy hearing about the Boss and on track thoughts.
+ 1

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Since you have no idea who Ben is or how he drives his cars or how his wife drives million dollar + exotics (an insane collection, I might add), I am sure you will be happy when he does share his feedback on these GT350's.

Who is ben and why do i care about his wife

Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
Congrats man! Can't wait to get my R. We need a Laguna Day!
Sponsored