Salesman told me I don't need to do a service @ 1600 Miles

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I thought you had to do the first service at 1600 Miles/2000 KMS but the salesman was telling me not anymore I just need to bring it in within 6 months or 10,000 km whichever comes first. I told him but this is a Mach 1 he said it's no longer needed.

Shall I listen to him or just pay out of pocket and do an early service? (my car has 5 years free service contract)
Jut did my first oil change at 3500 miles, dealer said 5000. '21 gt , bought 3 months ago. I dont like keeping break in oil in that long but could have easily gone to 5000. At 3500 the oil was still clear and barely started to change color.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Y'all didn't redline your cars under 1000 miles to get a good seal on everything? I think I hit 1600 miles the other day and I've definitely gotten in at least 5-6 7200 RPM pulls in. I don't bounce off the limiter. If anything this car needs an 8000 RPM hard redline so I don't have to worry about any limiter.

I'll probably get rid of my factory fill at the one year marker in November which will probably be close to 3k miles but maybe less given the stupid gas prices.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
My first oil change was at 5000km. The guy was like "Ummmm, you don't need to change the oil yet" and in my head, I was like "Listen Sparky, I'm not paying you to think. Change the freakin oil" but outside I was like "Oh, I know, I'm going on a looooooooooong trip and want to make sure I have no issues".

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
....whew!!!!!!!! What a relief!!!
I'm glad that I waited until 1700 miles to have my '21 GT oil changed.
Sure didn't want to have the oil changed too early.

When I had the Challenger Scat Pack, the guys on that forum were
suggesting an oil change around 500 miles.
To get that gunk out of the engine.
Dodge is REALLY critical about oil changes...............................................:rockon:

IMG_0353.JPG

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Won’t change until at least 5000 miles, just because of oil reports that factory oil has good amount of Boron. After that, the Pennsoil synthetic oil that I bought at a discount from Walmart. Again bc tests show Pennsoil has good amount of Boron. Trying to avoid the typewriter tick

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Won’t change until at least 5000 miles, just because of oil reports that factory oil has good amount of Boron. After that, the Pennsoil synthetic oil that I bought at a discount from Walmart. Again bc tests show Pennsoil has good amount of Boron. Trying to avoid the typewriter tick
if your looking for a great boron additive, archoil 9100, i use it in all my vehicles after break in.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
"Listen Sparky, I'm not paying you to think. Change the freakin oil".
LOL! Just woke up and read this! made my day! :crackup:🤪

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Y'all didn't redline your cars under 1000 miles to get a good seal on everything? I think I hit 1600 miles the other day and I've definitely gotten in at least 5-6 7200 RPM pulls in. I don't bounce off the limiter. If anything this car needs an 8000 RPM hard redline so I don't have to worry about any limiter.

I'll probably get rid of my factory fill at the one year marker in November which will probably be close to 3k miles but maybe less given the stupid gas prices.
Redline the car under 1000 miles? I thought you shouldn't go past 4000 RPM during break-in?

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
if your looking for a great boron additive, archoil 9100, i use it in all my vehicles after break in.
Trying to avoid additive bc of what Ford wrote in the manual (so as not to give Ford excuse to deny a warranty repair). Otherwise I read a lot of owners use Liquid Molly’s Ceratec

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Now, it depends on the manufacturer whether they will run-in the engine in the factory or not, before releasing the car. So you'd better stick to what the service manual advises.

In 2018 I bought a Mazda CX-5 for my wife, and the dealer advised to bring it in for first oil change at 1600 KM. So I did, and actually some options of the vehicle unlocked after this service visit. E.g. Mazda has this system when you run on constant speed, e.g. on the highway, it runs on 3 instead of 4 cylinders to save fuel. This option got activated after the first servicing, as well as some other stuff like Auto-start stop, etc.

When I bought the Mach 1, the dealer said I have to change as per maintenance schedule, meaning first change on 15000km. The Mach 1 manual clearly states that the first oil change shall be done on 1000miles (1600 km). So, I'm definitely changing it as per the manufacturer's instructions.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Trying to avoid additive bc of what Ford wrote in the manual (so as not to give Ford excuse to deny a warranty repair). Otherwise I read a lot of owners use Liquid Molly’s Ceratec
Archoil is 1.2oz per qt, same color and consistency as motor oil, and will not discolor the oil like ceratec will. Unless they were to do a detailed lab analysis on your oil the service tech would never know it was there.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Ok, I have re-visited the manual and the mach-1 addendum, and I may not be completely right in what I've written above. The manual talks and advises on "Breaking-in" or "Running-in", but does not say a word about oil change after the run-in period.

QUOTE FROM THE MANUAL

BREAKING-IN
Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

UNQUOTE

So this is the whole statement regarding breaking-in. The maintenance part of the manual does not say a single word for the period of breaking-in, and provides a generic guide on when shall oil change occur.

So I guess... dealers have the liberty to decide in this case whether they want to do 1000mile inspection / oil-change or not. Here in Bulgaria, maintenance is excluded from the warranty, so you pay for each maintenance even during the warranty period, so you can change the oil every day if you want. As long as you pay, they'll keep you happy :)

My personal opinion, even with the high-quality oils and perfected production cyclces, I'd do an oil change after the break-in period - it's a big engine, lots of power, nothing wrong in changing the oil.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
consider that it s 10 quarts (I think) in the system. That s will stand up much better than the old 5 quarts systems. another reason not to worry about oil with 1-2K miles.
Sponsored