FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I miss the minimum speed limits from the autobahn... people here drive seriously slow on the highway... 60-75 mph on a 3-4 lane highway is dumb af

90-100 mph should be a perfect cruising speed without any major drama involved... just cruising
im the guy going 65-70 in the 65mph hour in right lane, and I hold my speed, I speed up or slow down for no-one. everyone blows past me in triple digits now a days. im not risking ever getting a ticket. what is annoying is when people behind me, 3-4 lane highways get annoyed fly around me and stomp brakes on highway, happens sometimes. but fact is there is 2-3 other lanes., if you wanna speed, do it in those. I dont speed and im in the slow lane.
Sponsored

Reactions: dps

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I miss the minimum speed limits from the autobahn... people here drive seriously slow on the highway... 60-75 mph on a 3-4 lane highway is dumb af

90-100 mph should be a perfect cruising speed without any major drama involved... just cruising
.... except people don’t know how to drive here....
they have never learned than the left lane is for passing only... or what turnouts are for..

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Our driver education here is a joke. I live in Virginia but across the border in Maryland, there are counties that are safe havens for illegal immigrants. DMV in 2 counties of Maryland will hand you a license without any proof of green card/citizenship. If we could get our sh*t together and have better standards for passing the license exam, then yes, we could drive at higher speeds without getting more people into accidents and possible deaths.
What do legal status has to do with this thread????
The driver license test, and I agree that it is a joke, is the same regardless of your immigration status

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
What do legal status has to do with this thread????
The driver license test, and I agree that it is a joke, is the same regardless of your immigration status
Meaning anyone and everyone can get a license. Lets be honest, people immigrating to this country are mostly from 3rd world and thus have no idea how to drive because they never owned a vehicle or drove in a country with little to no law enforcement. Pile on the crappy drivers we already have living here and you can kiss your high speed driving goodbye.

A lot of things in this thread have nothing to do with the muffler ticket.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Meaning anyone and everyone can get a license. Lets be honest, people immigrating to this country are mostly from 3rd world and thus have no idea how to drive because they never owned a vehicle or drove in a country with little to no law enforcement. Pile on the crappy drivers we already have living here and you can kiss your high speed driving goodbye.

A lot of things in this thread have nothing to do with the muffler ticket.
Total nonsense, everyone, us citizen, legal immigrants, illegal aliens, 3rd world people, white Europeans, Martians, all need to pass the same exact test to obtain a driving license...
As for your 3rd world comment, I have rarely seen such a stupid and prejudicial statement... 3rd world driver are often times better driver than us because they have to deal with bad or non existent infrastructures.
Have you ever heard of the Bolivia death road?
I bet you that you would soil yourself in the span of a few miles

https://www.discovery.com/exploration/Bolivia-Death-Road

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Total nonsense, everyone, us citizen, legal immigrants, illegal aliens, 3rd world people, white Europeans, Martians, all need to pass the same exact test to obtain a driving license...
As for your 3rd world comment, I have rarely seen such a stupid and prejudicial statement... 3rd world driver are often times better driver than us because they have to deal with bad or non existent infrastructures.
Have you ever heard of the Bolivia death road?
I bet you that you would soil yourself in the span of a few miles

https://www.discovery.com/exploration/Bolivia-Death-Road
You ever driven in Italy :giggle:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You ever driven in Italy :giggle:
Lol, yes as a mater of fact. Drove a small RV all the way from Paris to Rome and back. Made a detour to the Normandy beaches ( Juno, etc) in 2014 for the 60th anniversary of D day. Very moving
Talking about “interesting” driving, the “Arc de Triomphe “ place in Paris is unique, it is basically a huge circle with 12 avenues converging to it, like the spokes of a wheel, what make it so unique is that there is no “priority to the right” rule. Reason being that otherwise it would be a permanent gridlock. You have to force your way and to make it even more fun, it’s all cobblestone, so very, very slippery when wet
Watch the linked video about driving a Ferrari in Paris... it’s a classic

Last edited:

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
Lol, yes as a mater of fact. Drove a small RV all the way from Paris to Rome and back. Made a detour to the Normandy beaches ( Juno, etc) in 2014 for the 60th anniversary of D day. Very moving
Nice :) I'd like that trip, myself

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I draw a line at "illegal aliens" in no way shape or form should they be allowed anything and need to be sent home.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Talking about “interesting” driving, the “Arc de Triomphe “ place in Paris is unique, it is basically a huge circle with 12 avenues converging to it, like the spokes of a wheel, what make it so unique is that there is no “priority to the right” rule. Reason being that otherwise it would be a permanent gridlock. You have to force your way and to make it even more fun, it’s all cobblestone, so very, very slippery when wet
Watch the linked video about driving a Ferrari in Paris... it’s a classic
Good, we've a common understanding of the batshittery that goes on in a supposedly "1st world" country. Now, I wouldn't want that level of stupid to become the norm in the states. Now imagine the average Bolivian death road driver. They're not driving to any set of rules, social conventions, or even with a consideration of other drivers. It's pure survival to them. We don't need people thinking like that on the road here.

5c67ou.jpg

Sponsored

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
see I have no qualm having a even spread out task force. I believe there really should be more enforcement right now, I see people doing 100mph on highway everyday, groups of people, natural cruising speed now, people running red lights, stop signs, they dont even have license plates, and im not talking temp tags, im straight saying people are just driving with no license plates, since in MY area, they are now under no pursue law unless there's basically physical injury/murder.

free reign here, and its showing. there should be a hardcrack down on enforcement, not 1 day a month, or on holidays, but a serious push to get people back to usual traffic patterns. imo. 25 over the speed limit isn't acceptable cruising speeds for all the traffic.
This was not issuing tickets for driving 25 over. This was getting a $200 ticket (in the eighties) for doing 46 in the 45, or the only ticket I got there, changing lanes without signaling (which I didn't do) and it was a TWO lane at that point. If I recall correctly it cost me about $120, and I was only making about $5 an hour back then, so it was three days worth of pay.

But yeah, people are getting a bit out of hand. In Georgia speeding is pretty routine, particularly in the Atlanta area. If you're exceeding the speed limit by less than 10 mph, the only LE that can ticket you are GA State Troopers, who never do, so all the speed limits are effectively 9 mph higher than what is posted.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
June 6th, 1944, Normandy Invasion. Thank your lucky stars those few that sacrificed their lives so some of you can make some of the stupidest comments I ever read.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Whitehorse, get ready to say goodbye to your thread. It did good at 10 pages before what normally happens, happened.

I'm beginning to think there are personal quotas for how many threads a person can get shut down. 😉
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.