bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What about a guy tailgating you with a street bike?
Unless there modded. I'll still top end them. The only think that can out top end me on the street. Are hyper cars. And you dont come across many McLarens or Bugatti's on the Jersey turnpike. So the odds of two street vehicles capable of 200+mph. Actually finding each other. And getting bumper to bumper. Are pretty slim.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When I first glanced at the thread, I thought it said trouble with alligators, lol
gator-cypress.jpg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Maybe it's my imagination but when I'm driving, usually in Sport, on a highway like the Turnpike or Parkway, ( 2019 GT Premium with A-10) at speed, because the trans downshifts and slows the car down, I tend to lay off the brakes. This is a good thing, and the car is a dream to drive. But, the last few times out, I noticed people tailgating me; could it be because I don't use the brakes until I need them, the people behind me don't see any brakelights and tend to 'run up" on you?. I had one nitwit today who I swore was going to ram me so I kept tapping the brakes so he knew I was slowing down.
Not a big deal, just an observation.
Is there anybody in the right lane..?
Usually, if someone is tailgating you is because you are in the wrong lane. Doesn't matter how fast you are doing. If you are not passing cars, tuck in.

That said^ tailgaters are dangerous. (try bliping)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is there anybody in the right lane..?
Usually, if someone is tailgating you is because you are in the wrong lane. Doesn't matter how fast you are doing. If you are not passing cars, tuck in.

That said^ tailgaters are dangerous. (try bliping)
I've had cars come up to my rear in the left, center, & and right lanes. I agree with you if I'm in the left lane. I'll move over and let them go. It's the other idiots that drive me nuts.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I've had cars come up to my rear in the left, center, & and right lanes. I agree with you if I'm in the left lane. I'll move over and let them go. It's the other idiots that drive me nuts.
Yeah, passing on the right is a no-no. And many people don't know the rules of the road, so they cause ebb & flow issues.

U can't fix stupid.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
^^ This

I have a friend who drives like this and I straight up told him the first time I rode with him "Man you drive like an a-hole" He didn't like my response but he knew I was right. He swerves and tailgates like crazy just to stop at the next light lol
Lotsa people are in a hurry to stop.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Even more so with a manual, when engine braking.
Engine braking does encourage the tailgaters. Even at stop lights, many vehicles pull right up to the bumper, and then start rolling the instant the light turns green. I stalled the engine one time and got hit.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Highbeams are the respectful (& safe) way to move the crowd.
Tailgating shows inexperienced for both drivers... the one tailgating and the one who doesn't get out of the way.

I usually blip 1/4 mile back.. & then again at 1/8th mile... all the while watching their head & eyes as I come up on them. If they are ignorant (of everything around them), I'll coast up to them and remain 5~6 car lengths back and will blip about every minute... to notify & respectfully ask them to step aside.

Cuz, I like to move the crowd.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Highbeams are the respectful (& safe) way to move the crowd.
Tailgating shows inexperienced for both drivers... the one tailgating and the one who doesn't get out of the way.

I usually blip 1/4 mile back.. & then again at 1/8th mile... all the while watching their head & eyes as I come up on them. If they are ignorant (of everything around them), I'll coast up to them and remain 5~6 car lengths back and will blip about every minute... to notify & respectfully ask them to step aside.

Cuz, I like to move the crowd.
After the first couple blips I just go around them. They either did not know about the brights or do not care. Either way, not wasting my time.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
You must not be the one doing 95+ on the NJ Turnpike or Parkway - speed up already... :cwl:

The people on those routes drive like complete jackasses and many of them should have their licenses pulled. They drive it like it’s the Autobahn and do NOT pay any mind or attention as to what is AHEAD of them at all.

Too many of them are too busy playing with their mobile devices, the in-car display, their balls, their puss (or both).

I’ve seen too many damn near misses I can’t even count them. Both the NJPKWY and NJTPK are overly congested for people doing in excess of 75, because there is no room for correction or emergency stopping IF some moron looks up from their blatant idiocy and realizes they are f’d and heading for disaster...

All I can say is keep your head up, pay attention to not only what is in front of you - but to your sides. ALWAYS be sure to leave enough room for a way out in the event some other moron looses control of their ride (or heads for wrong exit and decides it’s a great f’n choice to swerve back into traffic).

Maybe mount some high intensity disco strobes so that when your brakes are applied, the ass-riding moron behind you goes into an epileptic seizure....:giggle:
What, were not supposed to be going that fast?!

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
How to drive on Boston highways .....

Get in left lane,
Do at least 90,
When somebody runs up your ass or flashes high beams pull over and let them by
Go back to step 1