Sponsored

Saying Goodbye (& Eating Crow)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I will say this, Mazda makes a super reliable car. The 3 handles a lot better than one would think. In fact, when I get to drive it it is actually fun. For the life of me, I don't know why.
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

This is a topic that goes back and forth with this car.

I run Shell 87 in it and it's been fine for just regular driving. Honda states they recommend 87 or higher. It's not required, but I'm sure there are some benefits with it being turbo. As for regular driving, I don't think I would see much of a difference between both with the stock tune. Tuned, no question, I would only do 93 octane.

The Type-R and Accord, although similar engines, the Accord was designed to run on regular gas with different pistons and lower compression. There is a small power difference of about 10 hp when using Premium due to knock sensors.

Unless I was driving it like a bat out of hell, I won't see much of a difference till I drop that Hondata Stage 2 on it.
What I really want to know is how you like the new Accord 2.0T? Been driving Jap cars for decades and this mustang is my first domestic brand since a teenager (80s'). LOL
Our other car is a 2017 Pilot so yea I am partial to Honda.. Who knows how long this mustang will last.

OP
OP
Lionorion

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
OP;

You we're going to share that the car has been "totaled" by your insurance company, at some point? It's totaled and you're getting a check for $17K$, and this is confirmed fact?
Novagt, you’re right on both accounts.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What I really want to know is how you like the new Accord 2.0T? Been driving Jap cars for decades and this mustang is my first domestic brand since a teenager (80s'). LOL Our other car is a 2017 Pilot so yea I am partial to Honda.. Who knows how long this mustang will last.
Well, I had a 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring which I really did enjoy from a handling and feel perspective. I ended up trading that for the 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T because it was just that damn good. The power delivery is nuts on this car (It's underrated from the factory) and the level of luxury is on par with an Acura now with the Touring trim. Apple Carplay/Android Auto, Nav, rides smooth, quiet, 450w sound system is great, sport mode is a blast too with the 10 speed and the suspension firming up. Also, it is one of the few sedans left you can get a 6-speed manual and a turbo too in the Sport trim. Even with the car being front wheel drive, it's still a blast to drive around town.

Honda hit it out of the park with this one. They're back to their dominance that they once had in this category, especially when it comes to performance. I've always been partial to Honda since my very first car was a 1991 Honda Accord EX. For me it fits the bill in two areas, daily driving and it's still fun to drive because of the turbo and power delivery of the 2.0T. You can easily go from a quiet, Eco mode drive and get good gas mileage (I average about 28 mpg mixed) or light up the tires by putting the pedal down. The crazy thing is the tuning that is available aftermarket. This engine can get over 300 HP and over 400 ft lbs of torque on a Stage 3 tune. I'd probably stick with the Stage 2 tune though which is already pretty nuts. Parts are still developing for it, but there's a few down pipes available showing good power gains and a front pipe will soon be available too. People are also swapping the Type-R turbo onto the Accord as that works as well.

Overall, very happy with it.

Deleted member 35786

Well, I had a 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring which I really did enjoy from a handling and feel perspective. I ended up trading that for the 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T because it was just that damn good. The power delivery is nuts on this car (It's underrated from the factory) and the level of luxury is on par with an Acura now with the Touring trim. Apple Carplay/Android Auto, Nav, rides smooth, quiet, 450w sound system is great, sport mode is a blast too with the 10 speed and the suspension firming up. Also, it is one of the few sedans left you can get a 6-speed manual and a turbo too in the Sport trim. Even with the car being front wheel drive, it's still a blast to drive around town.

Honda hit it out of the park with this one. They're back to their dominance that they once had in this category, especially when it comes to performance. I've always been partial to Honda since my very first car was a 1991 Honda Accord EX. For me it fits the bill in two areas, daily driving and it's still fun to drive because of the turbo and power delivery of the 2.0T. You can easily go from a quiet, Eco mode drive and get good gas mileage (I average about 28 mpg mixed) or light up the tires by putting the pedal down. The crazy thing is the tuning that is available aftermarket. This engine can get over 300 HP and over 400 ft lbs of torque on a Stage 3 tune. I'd probably stick with the Stage 2 tune though which is already pretty nuts. Parts are still developing for it, but there's a few down pipes available showing good power gains and a front pipe will soon be available too. People are also swapping the Type-R turbo onto the Accord as that works as well.

Overall, very happy with it.
Your killing me... I am just not a fan of the new long sloping body style. My kids are grown and have their own cars so really no need for a full size family sedan since we have a Pilot. Might have to look for a used V6 Coupe at some point.
Thanks for the review.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Your killing me... I am just not a fan of the new long sloping body style. My kids are grown and have their own cars so really no need for a full size family sedan since we have a Pilot. Might have to look for a used V6 Coupe at some point.
Thanks for the review.
I thought I wouldn't have been a fan of the looks till I drove it. I also changed the huge chrome unibrow into the black piece with the chrome accent so it looks much better. I got mine in the white pearl color. Incentives hit and now I see new Accords all over the place, lol.

Deleted member 35786

I thought I wouldn't have been a fan of the looks till I drove it. I also changed the huge chrome unibrow into the black piece with the chrome accent so it looks much better. I got mine in the white pearl color. Incentives hit and now I see new Accords all over the place, lol.
Yea Honda was and has been trying hard to move them with sales/incentives since the sales numbers have been on the decline. Largely in part to us Pilot owners.. :) There is a nice new one that parks near my Mustang everyday at work so I get to see it up close all the time.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yep in the USA/CANADA looking at my window sticker 5 star rating on everything except for side crash rear, which got 4 stars. One of the safest cars on the road.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
The car crumpling is what makes it safe. If the car doesn't crumple, all that energy gets transferred to the occupants, who really are fragile. They crumple until they hit the safety cage. I remember we hit a cow in my Dad's 66 Lincoln continental. It flew right over the car; the only damage to the car was the hood ornament. But cars today are much safer for the fact that they are bendy where people are not sitting.

Deleted member 35786

The car crumpling is what makes it safe. If the car doesn't crumple, all that energy gets transferred to the occupants, who really are fragile. They crumple until they hit the safety cage. I remember we hit a cow in my Dad's 66 Lincoln continental. It flew right over the car; the only damage to the car was the hood ornament. But cars today are much safer for the fact that they are bendy where people are not sitting.
And to think this was 9yrs ago..

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I saw that malibu/belair crash test back then. I was amazed and so was my brother and father. We are all mechanics for decades, but it proves safety has come a long way.

A few years ago I restored a '66 Corvette big block coupe my father owned. I was all over that car. I would never want to get into an accident in that thing. Great ride, torque is amazing. I would never beat on it for lots of reasons

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Take your soft, pliable bumper cover off, and check and see what's underneath it. Hint; big-ass metal beam, and massively stiff structure around the gas tank.
You mean it's not just foam inserts like my old 97!? I've been lied to!

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Sorry about your
So it’s with a sad face I am writing to you.

This happened after I made a complete stop, then didn’t make it out of the intersection of said 4 way stop.

A Volvo the S550 is not, and of course, no one every proclaimed it to be, but for such a beautiful and mean looking machine, our car is fragile! So beware!

I loved my S550 so much, but I’ve had to wrestle with the idea of fixing it, and owning a rebuilt title, or walking away.

So here comes the eating crow part of my tale, as I’ve said before on these pages, I will own my car for a long time. Well as it turns out, as fate will have it, I won’t. Lol. My rationale being, that once I do decide to sell her, having a rebuilt title will scare away most of the buyers. The last few will probably haggle for a discount, hehe. Also, yes I would be driving around in one of the sexiest machines on the road, but I would know the truth. That S550 is a fragile car.

So onto the next adventure I go.

If you’re wondering, everyone was ok after the collision.

Also, after a lot of research and thought, I’m leaning towards replacing my S550 with the Mazda 6 in Soul Red. I know, I know, it’s a slow car, lol. But, truth be told (despite what some people will say on this forum about V8 ownership), I really don’t need a 335 BHP rear wheel drive hoonigan machine. Yes, I could put the stock tune back on, or even go with the 87PRX, but still, these cars are f@#ing fast!
I guess it’s the same reason I’ve never owned a motorcycle...

So no, my next car won’t be as beautiful, but it weighs 500 Lbs less than the base S550 and the steering feel is awesome (so I’ve read, lol, I’ve still yet to test drive one;). The 2019 Mazda 3 is attractive but after waiting so many years for FoMoCo to get rid of the live axle on the Mustang, I couldn’t in good faith purchase a car with a Torsion beam rear, so I’ll stick with the 6.

Anywho(sic), TTFN...

615B73BD-4C0E-484E-95D3-0991A5A7EDC3.jpeg

Sorry about your car -- glad you made it out okay.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I guess 460 is ok? You gotta start somewhere?:yawn:
Well hey, you didn't have to put it that way, mine is around 496...... at the crank..... soon..... damn CAI I received was defective.... so still at 460.... what was I saying again? :crazy:

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
You only had three options? You couldn't just get another one?

You don't need a 335hp car, you NEED a 460hp car...

Hee here:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Seriously OP..glad you are okay..It is just a car one of 250k...get a new one after the insurance co fixes that one..good luck.
Sponsored