redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
You don't have to be OCD to have a general distrust of service centers. I just had new tires put on my wife's 328xi last week. I specifically asked them before I drove away, "You put 32/36 PSI in the tires, correct?" "Yes, sir" was the reply. So I went home and checked the tire pressures, like I always do:
LR: 36 PSI. OK.
RR: 36 PSI. OK.
LF: 32 PSI. OK.
RF: 50 PSI. :frusty:

Called the manager and told him the tech that did this was either incompetent or is intentionally trying to lose the shop money by blowing tires that are covered under their "road hazard" policy. Those tires are rated for only 45 PSI max. How many people do you think actually check their tire pressures the day they leave the service center? :paddle:
I am a stickler about this my self. I am a service advisor and educate customers on tire pressures constantly for tire ware, fuel economy, and ride quality. But also so they dont wait for TPMS light to come before they do something about it, because the threshold for that is too large and already taking a toll on ware and fuel economy. Also tires are supposed to be cold when pressures are set. So when you drive an average of 20-30min into the shop for your waiter oil change that is not the optimal time to have tire pressures set. Currently at the dealership I work for I fight with the techs here because they all use 35psi in all models, which I dont agree with! Its very frustrating :frusty:
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Oh boy. I have a thread about oil filter torque (assuming it's that).

What I can't figure out is - how are people NOT feeling the additional vibrations?

Lope at idle of a GT cross plane does not equal 5000rpm of a flatplane. Don't get me wrong I love this car and bought it for the drivetrain. Ford is really confident and walking in thin ice releasing a 5.2L engine like this. I'd be more comfortable at 5L with less stroke. But I love it anyway haha
they might feel at home with a little vibration. :D

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
It was the Oil filter. Super strange cause I had the oil changed a couple months and 2k miles ago.. Oh well
Damn my friend sorry about that. Ford basically did the same to me. They never torqued the filter. I'm sure your dealer didn't either.

Here's another problem: they torque a cold filter on a warm/hot engine. Once the engine cools off you loose some tension on the filter threads.

Like I said I got an additional 1/3 turn and that's when my torque wrench clicked 17 ft/lbs.

The sad thing is I mentioned it a couple times, I even spoke to the service manager and shop foreman. Sad, why can't they just torque it as per Ford and not "I've been working on SVTs for years, don't worry".

I'm happy that's all it was.
image.jpg

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Oh boy. I have a thread about oil filter torque (assuming it's that).

What I can't figure out is - how are people NOT feeling the additional vibrations?

Lope at idle of a GT cross plane does not equal 5000rpm of a flatplane. Don't get me wrong I love this car and bought it for the drivetrain. Ford is really confident and walking in thin ice releasing a 5.2L engine like this. I'd be more comfortable at 5L with less stroke. But I love it anyway haha
Vibrations?? What vibrations? You people that are complaining about vibration and NVH issues, I think there is something wrong with your cars.
I have said this before, my GT350 is as smooth as my 8 cylinder Lincoln. I get no vibration though the shifter, my rearview mirror is as steady as if the engine wasn't running, that is at any RPM and any speed. S M O O T H !
There's a tolerance to how Ford balances these engines . . . maybe I am one of the lucky one's.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Vibrations?? What vibrations? You people that are complaining about vibration and NVH issues, I think there is something wrong with your cars.
I have said this before, my GT350 is as smooth as my 8 cylinder Lincoln. I get no vibration though the shifter, my rearview mirror is as steady as if the engine wasn't running, that is at any RPM and any speed. S M O O T H !
There's a tolerance to how Ford balances these engines . . . maybe I am one of the lucky one's.
Yeah I don't know what to tell you my friend. I'd double check you have a hand built voodoo because there is no escaping it lol. You might have a coyote in there.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Yeah I don't know what to tell you my friend. I'd double check you have a hand built voodoo because there is no escaping it lol. You might have a coyote in there.
A coyote that revs to 8250 RPM and sounds like nothing else around ???
That will be the day.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
It was the Oil filter. Super strange cause I had the oil changed a couple months and 2k miles ago.. Oh well
So there is something to be said for putting a little lock tite on the oil filter threads like the engine builder told me to do when i get my oil changed.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Would it have been an "oh well" had it let go on the highway? Just saying...
You're super freaking lucky it let go in your garage :cheers:

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
The engineer in me is looking for a solution... How about a sleeve that goes over the filter and keys into the recesses on the top (opposite the o-ring where it mates to the cylinder block). The sleeve would have a tab on the outside with a hole. A safety tie could then go from the hole to anything that would prevent counter clockwise rotation.

This could be 3D printed pretty cheaply. We could get fancy with magnets to hold it in place and act as a FilterMag type device.

Sponsored

MidloGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

Mine doesn't vibrate much either. It's as smooth as my LS7 Z06.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Put your hand on the oil filter with the engine running. You'll see what we mean by vibration. Vibration is NOT rough running. It has more to do with the frequency of the movement which if the filter isn't torqued down enough is more than enough to slowly work it free over a few thousand miles.

cobra8u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
I have to say my voodoo runs as smooth if not smoother than my 2011 5.0 so I to wonder what problems you fellows may have.
:headbonk::headbonk:

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Even Ford says the Voodoo vibrates more.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Would it have been an "oh well" had it let go on the highway? Just saying...You're super freaking lucky it let go in your garage :cheers:
^^This!
That could have been ugly. :eyebulge:
Sponsored