Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
But you keep ignoring the fact that

A. the coyote can do that as well, especially on the factory all seasons. Hell my 07 GT with the 5R55S trans could lay down the stripes from a stop, especially once I put 4.10s in it. Even on at the track it was spin city on the factory all season tires.

B. It won't do it like an old school big block, because it's not one. I have a feeling you think in your head you will be able to just stab the throttle and it will go full John Force burnout. It won't. It will drive just like a modern OHV V-8, especially when paired with the A10. Change the throttle input in a A10 equipped vehicle and that trans is going to do whatever it needs to get the engine in the peak of the power band. It's not gonna stay at 1200-3000 RPM like you want it.

I really think you need to drive an A10 vehicle to understand what I am trying to tell you. I really think the A10 is going to rob you of what you desire.

But to be serious I’m sure you can hold a gear in the trucks so that works for me there I guess.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
But to be serious I’m sure you can hold a gear in the trucks so that works for me there I guess.
You would have to ask/talk to someone with an A10 in a truck and ask them if that is how it works in tow/haul mode.

I have seen a few towing tests of the F-150 and when towing in a situation where it would normally hold a gear it still jumps from 5 to 6 to 7. I think that is kind of the point of the A10 that it doesn't need to hold a gear because it can always move up or down to be in the optimal part of the power band. I could be wrong on that though.

I am just commenting on my experience of driving a ranger with the A10. Even just cruising around town it climbed through the gears and when I had the chance to stomp on it it just dropped a few gears and got moving.

All I am saying is that I do believe if this swap ever happens it's not going to drive how you want it to. I really do think the A10 will rob you of the crudeness you want the big block to deliver.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Or just mate the 7.3 to the 6 speed manual. Then you can hold whatever gear you want, and whatever RPM you desire.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I once saw a SVT focus with a 5.0 pushrod motor in it and rear wheel drive. same car show had a VW golf with 2.7TT Audi motor in the back, a turbo the size of a basketball, with all wheel drive. Anything is possible with enough money and time. For the sake of a documentary, I suppose it would peak some interest to see the 7.3 in an S550, but at the end of the documentary the response would always be the same- Why?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I once saw a SVT focus with a 5.0 pushrod motor in it and rear wheel drive. same car show had a VW golf with 2.7TT Audi motor in the back, a turbo the size of a basketball, with all wheel drive. Anything is possible with enough money and time. For the sake of a documentary, I suppose it would peak some interest to see the 7.3 in an S550, but at the end of the documentary the response would always be the same- Why?

Sell advertising time for profit. Keep employees employed. Stuff like that... It’s entertainment!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I think the best part of the documentary would be at the end, where a bone stock EB S550 walks the 7.3 by 4 car lengths in the 1/4.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
The 7.3 would run out of gas before reaching the end of the 1/4mi strip

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
The 7.3 would run out of gas before reaching the end of the 1/4mi strip
:giggle: It's got plenty of torque though so we could do a trailer with an additional 100 gallon tank of fuel

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
There is a video on Facebook showing a Coyote swapped Chevy C-10.
Model year around '78 - '79 or so.
The total Coyote package as installed take up as much room as a 454 BBC length wise.
Mind you this the total package.

The Coyote is not a small engine once everything is taken into perspective..

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Bottom end tq and hp.......keep it simple.....get rid of piston slap and other headaches......reduce hidden expenses.....more overall power.......not having to redline your motor to get max power and torque.
I agree, in a situation where you are trying to build NA horsepower yes the 7.3 might have a place.

In a situation like the OP where they want it just because, there are much cheaper and more viable alternatives

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The total Coyote package as installed take up as much room as a 454 BBC length wise.
Mind you this the total package.

The Coyote is not a small engine once everything is taken into perspective..
You ever stop with the bullshit? No? Okay just checking.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Agreed, and nothing sounds as good as a big block. The cost however of yanking a Coyote out of a wrecked Mustang or F150, then putting a Whipple on it would be far less and far easier, as well as all the down low tire melting torque you could ever need. I think what you should do is gut the trunk and back seat, then put a 6BT cummins mid mounted. Turbo Diesel mid engine S550. :wink:
I'm fairly certain that one or two people have already stated that putting a truck engine in a mustang couldn't possibly result in a faster vehicle. It's a truck engine, it will never work!
Sponsored