Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Starting with the wheels..
Hey, brother. I noticed the tire brush you were using..

1719840458503-oa.png

.. but I don't think you mentioned which one it is. I really like the no handle style and the bristles look nice and stiff.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue

1719840458503-oa.png

.. but I don't think you mentioned which one it is. I really like the no handle style and the bristles look nice and stiff.
That's the Rag Company Ultra Utility Brush.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 7.50.54ā€ÆPM.png

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Starting with the wheels, I used Brake Buster undiluted on the tyres, followed by foaming the wheel and wheel arch with more Brake Buster.
Brake Buster is on my shopping list, and I was looking at getting an IK Foam Pro 2 for the wheels & tyres.
This seems like a no-brainer, but then this caught my eye on the WaxIt site.

A nozzle that is supposed to add foaming ability to their small spray bottles.

KwazarFoamNozzle.jpg

+

Kwazar-Bottle.jpg

The WaxIt site doesn't have much of a description for the foam nozzle, so going
off-shore we find:

Description.jpg

Description3.jpg

Has anyone tried this nozzle with their Kwazar spray bottle?

I'm wondering if a Kwazar bottle & foam nozzle is "good enough" for wheels and tyres?

Drying aid today was 3D Bead it Up. This product seems to have more substance to it than something like Bead Maker...
Blasphemy !!!

Damn it, I know I'm late to this party, and I've just started using Bead Maker, twice now in the last few weeks (my car, partners car). Really happy with the gloss and slickness.

Now, I have to try something else?! :facepalm::giggle:
It's expensive though $45 for Bead It Up vs $12 for Bead Maker (both in 473mL quantities).

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Brake Buster is on my shopping list, and I was looking at getting an IK Foam Pro 2 for the wheels & tyres.

KwazarFoamNozzle.jpg

+

Kwazar-Bottle.jpg

off-shore we find:

Description.jpg

Description3.jpg

I'm wondering if a Kwazar bottle & foam nozzle is "good enough" for wheels and tyres?

Blasphemy !!!

Damn it, I know I'm late to this party, and I've just started using Bead Maker, twice now in the last few weeks (my car, partners car). Really happy with the gloss and slickness.

It's expensive though $45 for Bead It Up vs $12 for Bead Maker (both in 473mL quantities).
I don't know about that specific foam sprayer, but I know that CARPRO Retyre comes with a foaming nozzle out of the box, I presume its something similar. It requires a LOT of trigger action to get enough foam to coat a wheel :). As for Beadmaker, nothing wrong with it. I have it, have used it a lot in the past. I have just tried others and like them a bit more. Armour Detail Supply Amplify for one, it's Awesome :)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

1719840458503-oa.png

As mentioned by @skinnyb , that is the TRC Ultra Utility Brush. The bristles on that are medium softness and are what's called a flag-tipped bristle. I like to use this brush for the application of tire dressings on larger tires...................or more to the point, on that particular vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

KwazarFoamNozzle.jpg

+

Kwazar-Bottle.jpg

off-shore we find:

Description.jpg

Description3.jpg

Blasphemy !!!

A lot to unpack here.

First of all, don't ditch your Bead Maker. At the risk of sounding like a fan boy, I refrained from saying that Bead Maker is superior to Bead it Up. Gloss and slickness of Bead Maker sits above Bead it Up, as does an easier application. Stick with Bead Maker buddy. :like:

As for Brake Buster, you definitely should buy some, its how you administer it takes some thought.

I was always GO BIG OR GO HOME type when it came to Brake Buster. And I suppose I still am because I really don't use it on my garage queens, except for the occasional deep clean, I just use soap. The thing is, when you start foaming and diluting Brake Buster, you really knock back its cleaning ability. But the foaming ability helps it cling to the wheel, so its a compromise. So, if you need ultimate cleaning ability from the product, just spray it undiluted.

So, what is the best way to deliver Brake Buster? Firstly, you want a spray bottle with undiluted product in it, this is what you need for tires anyway. Brake Buster is incredibly harsh on spray heads, so its a case of accepting you will be ruining and replacing expensive sprayers like the Kwazar or Pressol, or just go with cheap Tolco spray heads and replace as needed. I've ruined many of those Pressol heads...................at $15 a pop. :facepalm: (That's not to say the Kwazar or Pressol sprayers are crap, it more speaks to how they fair when used with certain high alkaline products.)

IMG-5615.jpg

This is the P&S branded bottle, which uses a "chemical resistant" Tolco sprayer....................it ruins those too. Same for Canyon sprayers.

IMG-4044.jpg

Which leads me to foaming. The Kwazar foam nozzles are useless, so forget that, especially knowing the Kwazar sprayer won't handle Brake Buster anyway. Just for you, I attached the foam tip to my Pressol this morning, I think you can see why I wouldn't recommend it.......................................

IMG-0590.jpg

For comparison, this is the tip fitted to a Carpro ReTyre bottle, I was sent the wrong spray head so I tried it with the Kwazar tip. Again, not what I would call foam.

IMG-1384.jpg

And this is ReTyre with the correct Carpro foaming sprayer.................................

IMG-4747.jpg

So yeah, don't waste your money on the Kwazar foaming tip.

The next option would be a pump action foamer. I hate those things, they require more effort than they are worth. Now, there are battery powered version on the market, something I have not tried so maybe they are the missing link for me. But as it stands, you spend more time pumping than you do foaming, I don't have patience for them. (That is just my personal preference as the iK, Kwazar and Marolex pump action sprayers/foamers are high quality items, I tried to like them but they just aren't for me.)

may196.jpg

Which then leads to a foam cannon..........................................see, GO BIG OR GO HOME! :giggle:

IMG-3399.jpg

IMG-3401.jpg

In this case, I use a dedicated foam cannon for Brake Buster, the cannister filled with undiluted product and the foam cannon itself dilutes it. Again, the harshness of the product will eventually catch up to the filter that generates the foam, but these are easily replaceable on most high-end foam cannons. Actually, looking at the date stamp on those images, I've been using that foam cannon with Brake Buster for two years and haven't yet changed the filter.

Short answer, have a spray bottle with undiluted product for heavy duty wheel cleaning and all tire cleaning. If want foam, get a second foam cannon or a battery powered foamer.

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
A lot to unpack here.

First of all, don't ditch your Bead Maker. At the risk of sounding like a fan boy, I refrained from saying that Bead Maker is superior to Bead it Up. Gloss and slickness of Bead Maker sits above Bead it Up, as does an easier application. Stick with Bead Maker buddy. :like:

As for Brake Buster, you definitely should buy some, its how you administer it takes some thought.
Which then leads to a foam cannon..........................................see, GO BIG OR GO HOME! :giggle:

IMG-3401.jpg

In this case, I use a dedicated foam cannon for Brake Buster, the cannister filled with undiluted product and the foam cannon itself dilutes it. Again, the harshness of the product will eventually catch up to the filter that generates the foam, but these are easily replaceable on most high-end foam cannons. Actually, looking at the date stamp on those images, I've been using that foam cannon with Brake Buster for two years and haven't yet changed the filter.

Short answer, have a spray bottle with undiluted product for heavy duty wheel cleaning and all tire cleaning. If want foam, get a second foam cannon or a battery powered foamer.
As always, appreciate the detailed reply, D.

The IK Foam Pro 2+ (forgot to include the plus) has a Schrader valve on it, and I was thinking of utilising my bike pump.

Pro2Plus.JPG
Bike Pump.JPG

I was actually toying with the idea of a cheapo foam cannon for the wheels, (and possibly engine bay). Don't want to demote the Griot's cannon so soon! Wasn't sure if the foam cannon method would dilute the "cleaner" beyond being useful.

But, I think you've just green-lit the secondary foam cannon idea. :like:

It took 30 seconds to find something like these, which are Ā½ the price of the IK pump above:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hmmm....

Detaching the bottle of Brake Buster etc and running some water through the cheapo cannon should help flush any nasties out to prolong it's life, as I do with my prized Griots cannon after each use.

Bead It Up off the shopping list.
Brake Buster remains on the shopping list! :like:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As always, appreciate the detailed reply, D.

The IK Foam Pro 2+ (forgot to include the plus) has a Schrader valve on it, and I was thinking of utilising my bike pump.

Pro2Plus.JPG
Bike Pump.JPG

I was actually toying with the idea of a cheapo foam cannon for the wheels, (and possibly engine bay). Don't want to demote the Griot's cannon so soon! Wasn't sure if the foam cannon method would dilute the "cleaner" beyond being useful.

But, I think you've just green-lit the secondary foam cannon idea. :like:

It took 30 seconds to find something like these, which are Ā½ the price of the IK pump above:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hmmm....

Detaching the bottle of Brake Buster etc and running some water through the cheapo cannon should help flush any nasties out to prolong it's life, as I do with my prized Griots cannon after each use.

Bead It Up off the shopping list.
Brake Buster remains on the shopping list! :like:
See, to me using a bike pump and Schrader valve seems counter intuitive, you still have to pump it up, so why not just use the one it came with? I have seen where guys use a portable air compressor (as linked below) to pressurize the iK's with the Schrader valve, but again, that would be cumbersome and time-consuming make work.

Milwaukee M12BI-0 12V Li-ion Cordless Compact Tyre Inflator - Skin Only (sydneytools.com.au)
Makita DMP181Z 18V Li-ion Cordless Tyre Inflator - Skin Only (sydneytools.com.au)
Air Inflators | RYOBI

Considering you will already have the pressure washer out, then a foam cannon is far quicker and convenient. Depending on your pressure washer, Brake Buster is still capable despite the foam cannons dilution ability. If you have a lower flowing pressure washer, it will naturally dilute it less.

Because you end up handling it more when cleaning wheels, you would want one with a wide base to avoid tipping it over all the time. The second Vevor example you listed would be my choice out of the two. I'd also consider the Megs, Autoglym, BAR and Cleanskin................................

Autoglym PBKIT Polar Blaster : Amazon.com.au: Automotive
BAR Wide Base Pressure Washer Foam Cannon ā€“ The Detail Store
CleanSkin Snow Foam Lance Plus - (MJJC Foam Cannon Pro V2) ā€“ The Detail Store
Meguiars Megafoam Snow Cannon 1400-3200PSI MEGACANN | eBay

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned, I use a battery powered bike pump on my IK Foam Pro 12. It is the larger model and definitely benefits from the continuous pressure. I just use a strap of velcro to attach while I am using it. That said, I generally use Koch Chemie Multistar diluted 20:1 in my large IK foamer and I can pump up with my garage compressor and foam all 4 wheel wells on one pump so using the portable compressor is not something I do often unless I want to foam the whole car.
IMG_1527.jpeg

IMG_1529.jpeg

The smaller pro 2 it would be a pain to get it attached to me for the amount of foam you can produce from one canister of liquid. The larger model its much more productive. And therfore if I want foam, I use the larger model most of the time...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
That's the Rag Company Ultra Utility Brush.
As mentioned by @skinnyb , that is the TRC Ultra Utility Brush.
Thanks guys but because of your comment below D, it's not for me. I thought it might have super stiff bristles for large tire scrubbering.

The bristles on that are medium softness
The next option would be a pump action foamer. I hate those things, they require more effort than they are worth.
Couldn't agree more.

But then, I read this..

Again, the harshness of the product will eventually catch up to the filter that generates the foam, but these are easily replaceable on most high-end foam cannons.
Filter in the foam cannon? I had no idea but me thinks I better have a looksee.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I tried to like Brake Buster for tire cleaning but it just wasnā€™t doing it for me. Iā€™m using Gyeon Tire Cleaner right now, so far Iā€™m liking it better than Brake Buster. I have a bottle of Adams and a bottle of Ethos tire cleaner as well. Iā€™ve used Adams in the past and have really liked it but wanted to try a few more out. And I have a 1L bottle of Retyre hiding on one of my shelves also, so Iā€™m going to try that one as well.

Pump sprayers. Interesting thoughts and opines. I have an IK sprayer and it really comes in handy in the winter time here. I will fill a 5 gallon bucket with warm water and ONR and then fill my IK from that. Give the car a good spray down to release some of the salt and crud before I do a contact wash with the rinse less. All of my hose connections are outside, so hooking up the hose and power washer when itā€™s 32F just isnā€™t happening. So, for me, an IK sprayer is worth the work. Iā€™ll use it occasionally in the warmer months but I usually just get the power washer out.

Just my thoughts. We all like what we like and donā€™t like what we donā€™t like. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I tried to like Brake Buster for tire cleaning but it just wasnā€™t doing it for me. Iā€™m using Gyeon Tire Cleaner right now, so far Iā€™m liking it better than Brake Buster. I have a bottle of Adams and a bottle of Ethos tire cleaner as well. Iā€™ve used Adams in the past and have really liked it but wanted to try a few more out. And I have a 1L bottle of Retyre hiding on one of my shelves also, so Iā€™m going to try that one as well.

Pump sprayers. Interesting thoughts and opines. I have an IK sprayer and it really comes in handy in the winter time here. I will fill a 5 gallon bucket with warm water and ONR and then fill my IK from that. Give the car a good spray down to release some of the salt and crud before I do a contact wash with the rinse less. All of my hose connections are outside, so hooking up the hose and power washer when itā€™s 32F just isnā€™t happening. So, for me, an IK sprayer is worth the work. Iā€™ll use it occasionally in the warmer months but I usually just get the power washer out.

Just my thoughts. We all like what we like and donā€™t like what we donā€™t like. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
I agree about brake buster. It's OK but there are others I prefer. For tires I really like P&S undressed and Stjarnagloss Forst. ReTyre is excellent too and I just got a bottle of shine supply Wise Guy to try. As for wheels I always reach for an iron remover of some sort. NV purge is my go to but KCX MWC is excellent too.

Non foaming sprayers I do like them for Rinseless they work really well for me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree about brake buster. It's OK but there are others I prefer. For tires I really like P&S undressed and Stjarnagloss Forst. ReTyre is excellent too and I just got a bottle of shine supply Wise Guy to try. As for wheels I always reach for an iron remover of some sort. NV purge is my go to but KCX MWC is excellent too.

Non foaming sprayers I do like them for Rinseless they work really well for me.
Let us know what you think of Wise Guy. Seen and heard good things about some of the Shine Supply stuff.

The ceramic coating on my wheels has held up well and has really helped with cleaning. Typically just need soap and my wheel brush (I use the Adams wooly brushes). I will hit them occasionally with an iron remover, more to unclog the coating than anything else really.

Iā€™ve started to slow down on trying different products. Iā€™ve found some combos I really like so Iā€™m hesitant to deviate from those too much. I do want to try some of the DIY Detail stuff and Iā€™m contemplating polishing off my existing ceramic coating and giving C6 Hydro Lite a try. I really like Yvan and consider him one of the smartest folks when it comes to the chemistry side of these products. That C6 Hydro Lite is expensive thoughā€¦

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Let us know what you think of Wise Guy. Seen and heard good things about some of the Shine Supply stuff.

The ceramic coating on my wheels has held up well and has really helped with cleaning. Typically just need soap and my wheel brush (I use the Adams wooly brushes). I will hit them occasionally with an iron remover, more to unclog the coating than anything else really.

Iā€™ve started to slow down on trying different products. Iā€™ve found some combos I really like so Iā€™m hesitant to deviate from those too much. I do want to try some of the DIY Detail stuff and Iā€™m contemplating polishing off my existing ceramic coating and giving C6 Hydro Lite a try. I really like Yvan and consider him one of the smartest folks when it comes to the chemistry side of these products. That C6 Hydro Lite is expensive thoughā€¦
Will do. I just tried the CARPRO iron X snow foam on mine this weekend. It's a soap fortified with iron remover. Kinda a combo punch. Just loaded jn my bucket and used in the wash like normal. Worked really well. I always hit mine with Hydr02 after every wash though to top them up šŸ˜

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Filter in the foam cannon? I had no idea but me thinks I better have a looksee.
It's not really a "filter" as such, rather a mesh screen which creates the foam. Over time, that filter will clog with minerals and soap residue, which then reduces foam quality. These filters are replaceable on most reputable foam cannons, usually sold as a general service kit. It's not a bad idea to have one in stock just in case, although they can be cleaned too.

MTM -
PF22 FILTER, PIN, O-RING REPAIR KIT - MTM Hydro (mtmhydroparts.com)

Griots -
THE BOSSā„¢ Foam Cannon Rebuild Kit - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)

Sponsored