What's In DFB's Cabinet?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
From what I have observed and been told, Armour Detail Supply is the next Koch Chemie or Carpro. That refers to both the products themselves, and the social media traction/recognition they have received.
I agree, their approach is very "DIY Detail" like and I love their products (DIY) those I have tried anyway. Another on my radar is Shine Supply. I have a local detailer that uses and stocks their products. I hope to go by their shop one day and pick up a few things to try when I run out of some stuff, only have so much room to store product LOL.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I agree, their approach is very "DIY Detail" like and I love their products (DIY) those I have tried anyway. Another on my radar is Shine Supply. I have a local detailer that uses and stocks their products. I hope to go by their shop one day and pick up a few things to try when I run out of some stuff, only have so much room to store product LOL.
I've only dabbled in Shine Supply, but have enjoyed the products that I have used.

Top of my list would be Shift. This is a pH neutral "pure" soap that is high on lubrication and has the most delightful coconut scent, very similar to P&S Absolute. It foams well too. I actually liked it so much I bought a gallon.

Ceramic Coating Soap - gallon (shinesupply.com)

IMG-5620.jpg

IMG-5631.jpg

Next would be Wise Guy, a heavy-duty wheel and tire cleaner. Originally, this product was sold as a rubber and tire cleaner, but it has since been renamed as a wheel and tire cleaner, ie a Brake Buster competitor. I rarely use it as a wheel cleaner because its a harsher than Brake Buster. But as a tire cleaner, its excellent. It's so excellent that it tends to kill spray heads quickly. Also worth noting that this product must be diluted 1:1 with water.,

Shine Supply - Wise Guy Wheel Cleaner

IMG-1985.jpg

I have been using it in a pump action sprayer to avoid killing spray heads.

IMG-0035.jpg

IMG-1642.jpg

The third product I liked was Punch It Synergy Spray. This is a Si02 quick detailer spray, think Meguiar's HCD or Carpro EliXir, which I have used as a drying aid. It smells nice and produces some nice gloss and slickness. The only black mark for me is the colorant is a bit rich.

Synergy Spray silica protection (shinesupply.com)

IMG-6563.jpg

I have also tried Decked Out tire dressing, which is sold as a concentrate like Carpro Perl. It's ok, but nothing more.

Decked Out - 16oz. w/ Spray Bottle (shinesupply.com)

IMG-8659.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
What a chaotic day!

600 trees arrived at 7am this morning, they then needed to be all labeled, orders pulled and then all buried in sand for the winter season. Team that with another sizable delivery of potted plants, guiding a new staff member and coordinating between everyone else, plus one of those mind splitting headaches that resisted the usual drugs......................yes, a full-on day.

IMG-0457.jpg

IMG-0468.jpg

But......................................some good news kept me going!

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
...............Last night, I emailed and asked for a screenshot of the statis report for my new Mustang................................

Satis706.png

After nearly two years, the car I pre-ordered in September 2022 now finally exists! :rockon:

The next step from here is "Gate Release", then its the long wait for shipping. The projected ETA of October 3rd is very likely to blow out further than that, but I can now rest a bit easier knowing the car has been made.

And on Wednesday, I finally struck up the courage to inform the boss that I intend on taking extended leave once the car arrives. I hate asking for leave, let alone long service leave, as I know the burden it creates on a small business. In fact, I doubt this company has ever had to deal with this situation in the 40+ years they have been in business, I've been there for half of that!

This in itself has been a large part of my frustration with the order of this car, I knew from the beginning that I wanted to cash in some long service leave and try and live life for a little while with no time constraints. Put it this way, I was mentally ready for long service leave a year ago, and as this has pushed out, the frustration has built and built.

I'm burnt out, but now there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I just need to get through the winter and early spring workload, then I'm disappearing in a blaze of V8 noise for a few months.

No doubt the shipping wait will annoy me as well as the tension builds, but today was a win!

650-3.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
600 trees arrived at 7am this morning
..and then all buried in sand for the winter season.
When I first read that, I thought the trees were bigger and imagined three or four big, open bed trucks pulling in to your nursery. <smile> Should have known that they would be sapplings.

Even so, six HUNDRED regardless of size and height, is a TON OF TREES! I'll bet that no one but the boss likes seeing those deliveries. <grin>

Also, this is the first time I've heard of using sand. We never used sand at the nursery where I worked as a teenager in Ohio.

After nearly two years, the car I pre-ordered in September 2022 now finally exists!
HOORAY!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now we're talkin! That news is huge and I am fairly sure I know just how giddy that info made you, D. I well remember.

The next step from here is "Gate Release"
I got a kick out of the different "OEM Vocabulary" Down Under. This is the Ford info for Sarah's order:

Chassis # L0171
Ordered: 07/09/19 (Golden Ticket order went in on 8/8/19)
Original build week: 10/21
Build week: 10/14
Build day: 10/25 (10/8/19)
Build day: 10/22 (10/10/2019)
"Sent to Plant" (10/11/2019)
"Body Shop" (10/22/2019)
"Trim Line" (10/25/2019)
"Produced" (10/28/2019)
"Released to Body Company" (12/10/2019)
"Received" (12/30/2019) Awaiting Shipment
"Shipped Rail" (01/24/2020)
"Received" (02/02/2020) In Transit
"Delivered" (02/03/2020
Corpus Christi, TX
Carbon Fiber Track Package, Rapid Red Metallic, Absolute Black Racing Stripe Painted and Technology Package

No "Gate Release," for starters and, I don't see any of the "Ford words" on your sheet. I wonder why they don't use the standard US Ford terminology? You would think that the IT people would much prefer to keep the same "fields" for the AU database. Then again, perhaps it's merely tradition.

..then its the long wait for shipping. The projected ETA of October 3rd is very likely to blow out further than that, but I can now rest a bit easier knowing the car has been made.
Here's hoping for no delays!

I'm burnt out, but now there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I just need to get through the winter and early spring workload, then I'm disappearing in a blaze of V8 noise for a few months.
You know, I've sensed the frustration in your posts amigo and now I know why. I'm sure you know that we say "go on vacation" not "go on holiday," and boy did I ever look forward to a vacation period when I was working! Couple that with the wait for a spanking new vehicle is gonna make for one superb vacation for you! <smile> I can't WAIT for the posts that follow. <BIG smile>

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got a kick out of the different "OEM Vocabulary" Down Under. This is the Ford info for Sarah's order:

Chassis # L0171
Original build week: 10/21
Build week: 10/14
Build day: 10/25 (10/8/19)
Build day: 10/22 (10/10/2019)
"Sent to Plant" (10/11/2019)
"Body Shop" (10/22/2019)
"Trim Line" (10/25/2019)
"Produced" (10/28/2019)
"Released to Body Company" (12/10/2019)
"Received" (12/30/2019) Awaiting Shipment
"Shipped Rail" (01/24/2020)
"Received" (02/02/2020) In Transit
"Delivered" (02/03/2020
Corpus Christi, TX
Carbon Fiber Track Package, Rapid Red Metallic, Absolute Black Racing Stripe Painted and Technology Package

No "Gate Release," for starters and, I don't see any of the "Ford words" on your sheet. I wonder why they don't use the standard US Ford terminology? You would think that the IT people would much prefer to keep the same "fields" for the AU database. Then again, perhaps it's merely tradition.
Terminology from my UK / euro :

1717761448443-nz.png

WD :like:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
HOORAY!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now we're talkin! That news is huge and I am fairly sure I know just how giddy that info made you, D. I well remember.

Chassis # L0171
I'm not sure if Ford's terminology is universal or location specific.

I have seen reference to "Golden Ticket" before, what does this mean?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
When I first read that, I thought the trees were bigger and imagined three or four big, open bed trucks pulling in to your nursery. <smile> Should have known that they would be sapplings.

Even so, six HUNDRED regardless of size and height, is a TON OF TREES! I'll bet that no one but the boss likes seeing those deliveries. <grin>

Also, this is the first time I've heard of using sand. We never used sand at the nursery where I worked as a teenager in Ohio.
It's daunting when the truck turns up and bundle after bundle gets unloaded. I don't particularly like it, but at least it makes the day go quick.

Those 600 are just the beginning, there are another two deliveries expected next week of similar quantity. What doesn't sell as "bare rooted" will be potted up in August for sale through the rest of the year. Then we start all over again.

As for sand, this is used to store the trees through the winter while they are dormant. We use sand because its cheap and readily available, some nurseries use saw dust or potting mix. Customers can then purchase these trees without soil or a pot at a discount.

Trees off the truck, then covered in hessian while we process them for labels and orders.

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

Temporary beds are constructed the week before, trees lined up and buried in sand and ready for sale.

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

Surplus stock for potting -

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Customer orders -

IMG_3204.jpg

Then at the end of winter, the huge job of potting up what stock remains, a process that takes weeks. We use potting soil and not sand for this.

IMG-1064.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

Once potted, the back breaking job of putting them all into stock.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
New Product Alert. After a crazy busy week, rain every day I got home a bit early today and the sun was out. Time to give my poor Mazda daily driver a much needed bath. I received a bottle of Armour Detail Supply Hero Rinseless wash this week and was wanting to try it..
IMG_1265.jpeg

The good: This stuff is INCREDIBLY slick, holy cow, it is great in that regard. It does clean really well, smells pretty good. I think it is the slickest rinseless I have tried to date. My previous slickest was P&S Absolute followed by KCx RRW and ONR V5.

Not so good :( It does streak a bit in direct sunlight more than others I use. I used at 256:1 and it takes a bit more effort to get off the paint cleanly. Not terrible but it does require a little bit more elbow grease to remove streak free. In contrast, Absolute requires only a half ass wipe and it is gone, zero streaks. This needs a second wipe on about every area. Afterward though, paint and glass is smooth and slick. I will definitely use again. Waiting on their Amplify (Elixir, HCD competitor) and their Adapt (Waterless wash) to come in next week. Can't wait to wash and use the Amplify as a drying aid, although as slick as this is, really not needed...
IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Temporary beds are constructed the week before, trees lined up and buried in sand and ready for sale.
Once potted, the back breaking job of putting them all into stock.
Holy smoke, D I got exhausted just reading the post and seeing ALL THOSE SAPLINGS! Talk about a chidtload of work! However, making the day go more quickly is a good thing. Still..

I have seen reference to "Golden Ticket" before, what does this mean?
I don't know if Ford has used the "Golden Ticket" idea in the past for other models but I don't think so.
I ordered the car on 7/9/19 and only heard about Golden Tickets when the Sales Manager called to say that my first order was cancelled because, I didn't have a damn GT! This was about three weeks after the order.

He said he was going to call the Regional Manager after talking to me to see if that person would give me one. (BTW, only Regional Managers could issued GT's.)

In '20, the projected GT500 builds were 5000 of which 1250 were Golden Ticket allocations and were needed in order to purchase one of the three possibilities below:

1) Carbon Fiber Track Pack (CFTP)
2) Painted Stripes (POTS)
3) Both

He called "the dude/dudette," not sure which gender, <grin> and reminded this person that they had promised him a GT and after some discussion, the person issued one for my order. I was sweating bullets by then but when the SM called me back to say that the order went in, talk about relief! <smile>

I took delivery of "Sarah" on 2/3/20 RIGHT when f'ing COVID came on the scene in a big way. Good timing, right? <smile>

So, this scene will be yours soon D and hopefully your new girl will arrive on time. Believe me, I know how interminable the wait can be, hang in there, amigo.

sarah_delivery-day_01.jpg

sarah_delivery-day_03.jpg

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Finally got to use my new MTM foam canon. Man I wish I just splurged for that in the beginning versus going with my current one that rhymes with

"tentacle lies"

used wife's edge as the test subject. Worked so good. Also got to throw "car pro dark side on her tires and am very happy with results.

ReLens_IMG_20240608173555.jpeg

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Finally got to use my new MTM foam canon. Man I wish I just splurged for that in the beginning versus going with my current one that rhymes with

"tentacle lies"

used wife's edge as the test subject. Worked so good. Also got to throw "car pro dark side on her tires and am very happy with results.

ReLens_IMG_20240608173555.jpeg
Very nice :). I do have one that rhymes with "Tentacle Lies" LOL . But mine is at least 12 years old and is actually a Torq brand. It is a wide mouth and works remarkably well. That said, I have a new MTM PF 22.2 wide mouth and LOVE it, I love it so much, I ordered another one this week. Hey if one is good, 2 is even better ;) As for Dark Side, I do like Dark Side. It is a bit gloopy messy in application and I have to wipe a second time after application to get the finish I like. I haven't used in quite a while but it does last for a good long bit. I moved to Koch Chemie Plast Star for most of my applications and really like it. Matte finish, application is a breeze and it lasts quite a long time.. I just put Gtechniq T2 tire dressing on my daily driver last week, it is nice too. Very matte finish and beaded water like crazy when I stopped at the coin spray wash Friday for a hose down a week later.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Very nice :). I do have one that rhymes with "Tentacle Lies" LOL . But mine is at least 12 years old and is actually a Torq brand. It is a wide mouth and works remarkably well. That said, I have a new MTM PF 22.2 wide mouth and LOVE it, I love it so much, I ordered another one this week. Hey if one is good, 2 is even better ;) As for Dark Side, I do like Dark Side. It is a bit gloopy messy in application and I have to wipe a second time after application to get the finish I like. I haven't used in quite a while but it does last for a good long bit. I moved to Koch Chemie Plast Star for most of my applications and really like it. Matte finish, application is a breeze and it lasts quite a long time.. I just put Gtechniq T2 tire dressing on my daily driver last week, it is nice too. Very matte finish and beaded water like crazy when I stopped at the coin spray wash Friday for a hose down a week later.
yeah once I was done dressing the tire I had to just give it a once over with a rag and it was exactly what I wanted.

PERL will be the maintenance dressing so we'll see how that goes with this

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
yeah once I was done dressing the tire I had to just give it a once over with a rag and it was exactly what I wanted.

PERL will be the maintenance dressing so we'll see how that goes with this
Perl is awesome too. I have a bottle. I mix Perl 1:1 with distilled water. Neat its a little shiny for me. I also have a bottle mixed 4:1 for interior, engine plastics etc. Very versatile dressing. I believe Perl will clash with Darkside though. Perl is water based, Darkside is solvent I believe. You will have to completely strip darkside for Perl to adhere properly.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Perl is awesome too. I have a bottle. I mix Perl 1:1 with distilled water. Neat its a little shiny for me. I also have a bottle mixed 4:1 for interior, engine plastics etc. Very versatile dressing. I believe Perl will clash with Darkside though. Perl is water based, Darkside is solvent I believe. You will have to completely strip darkside for Perl to adhere properly.
What would you recommend? I always presumed dark side is kind of a once every few months dressing and in between use whatever you want for a spruce up.
Sponsored