Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hit 63,000 miles and cracked the high pressure AC line…50 bucks and a half hour on the lift and we are back in business!

IMG_7787.jpeg
That line went bad on my 17 GT350 about a year ago. It was the metal part on mine that actually had a crack in it. Was curious if that is where yours went bad? The shop that repaired mine said that had never seen the metal part crack on one of these hoses before. My car had 14K miles on it at the time.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
That line went bad on my 17 GT350 about a year ago. It was the metal part on mine that actually had a crack in it. Was curious if that is where yours went bad? The shop that repaired mine said that had never seen the metal part crack on one of these hoses before. My car had 14K miles on it at the time.
yep, exactly the same here…but with a few more miles 😉

Sponsored

FISH22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Decisions, decisions! I love them all dearly, now I just need a bigger garage to feed the addiction…

IMG_9185.jpeg
One of your garage pictures, possibly on another forum, encouraged me to find a Heritage 350. I think I stumbled upon it a couple months ago, saved it to my phone. Both your R and CS. The lighting was perfect on the 350R and the Wimbledon White was savory. A few weeks later, I'm in a GT350 Heritage. So thanks! :like:

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
One of your garage pictures, possibly on another forum, encouraged me to find a Heritage 350. I think I stumbled upon it a couple months ago, saved it to my phone. Both your R and CS. The lighting was perfect on the 350R and the Wimbledon White was savory. A few weeks later, I'm in a GT350 Heritage. So thanks! :like:
That’s awesome - I’m usually a negative influence so I’m happy to hear that’s not the case this time around haha! Came to learn the community here has a love/hate with the HEP…some (like us) finding it utterly glorious, unique, beautiful and the only one to have…others knocking the premium for what’s only cosmetic changes. I think time will be kind on all 350s, but I think the HEP is going to age incredibly well in what I think is the perfect color combo. Pics do it no justice, and the nostalgia is just oozing off every inch of this thing…I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Fired up another enthusiast on this forum snagged an HEP…really happy for you and I’m confident your love for it will only grow…incredibly unique experience that I somehow keep appreciating more every minute behind the wheel. Enjoy!!

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t think it has anything to do with the motor. I think it’s either the material make up or the wall thickness isn’t enough. I’d bet it’s actually both.

So is an indication of a "weakest link" victim to the flat-plane crank vibrations?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
My AC died last summer but I never did anything with it. After I saw the recent posts about high pressure lines cracking I went out to check mine…
it’s posts like that, that I even bother throwing up the mundane stuff…good catch!
Sponsored