Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I am working on a driveline angle fix kit....

I would love to find someone with this issue on a BONE STOCK car....where the issue is reallly noticeable/bad.

Any Tampa Local cars have this issue?
Kelly,

I wish you were located in NJ - I'd surely have you use my S550 as a test bed - stock Premium, 6R80 w/ Performance Pack...

I posted quite a few threads back that Ford did have the same driveline angle issue and vibration issue with the F-Series, their fix a couple of years back was to shim down the center support carrier bearing assembly. Search my user ID in this thread, I think I had even included a link to the TSB.

I've posted a lot of helpful info in this thread for others, but due to its size I can see how folks do not read all of the posts and just go to the last page... And by doing so, they miss a lot of the TECH.

:cheers:
Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
just dropped mine off today. yesterday they changed the oil (first change 2500 miles) and this morning I noticed it making a deep knocking sound not real loud but sounds like a main IMHO. Laundry list for them
1. Knock
2. vibration at 55 from drivetrain not tires
3. vibration at about 78 and up that responds to throttle input
4. drives door window sometimes grabs when you open the door.

I love mustangs but after the deal of having my 14 Track Pack rear end rebuild 5 times and two driveshafts to try and unsuccessfully fix it I told them if this one has huge issues Im buying a Lexus just to have a dependable car.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I have improved vibes by pushing the rear of the cradle up, the front down and then shimming the trans cross member down.

I have yet to see any issues from it. But I'm going to be testing it rigorously.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have improved vibes by pushing the rear of the cradle up, the front down and then shimming the trans cross member down.

I have yet to see any issues from it. But I'm going to be testing it rigorously.
Wouldn't your lockout kit lower the cradle slightly making the angle worse then?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
CB005 simply removes the sag from the bushings and places the cradle in the position it is intended to be in.

The installation of the cb005 does not affect the angle of the cradle.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
And no. If anything, it raises the position of the cradle. How much just depends on how much sag the bushings have.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
ok I was just curious since you put the metal plates at the top of the carrier and thought they may push it down a bit.

I look forward to your findings on this and the product that follows.... If you need a tester all I have for mods are the CB005 and Steeda Shocks with stock springs.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150

What angles do you get with it like this? Significant change?

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
They say they rebalanced my tires.

They also told me it's "normal" to have the throwout bearing chatter that I have, which happens at like 1000 RPM if the car is good and warmed up... Even though my old one (also an MT-82) didn't do it.

So, I totally expect they have not fixed the issue with the vibration either.

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
They did fix my window that was catching. He said they "road force balanced" the tires/wheels. That of course did not really fix the vibration, though the car does feel just a bit smoother now I suppose.

I'm sure my '15 PP GT did this too. Seems like they all do and some people just don't notice it. I remember noticing it in my old Mustang (before I ever saw this thread) but since I pretty much always am going 75 if I'm going over 50 it wasn't an issue.

I guess I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if anyone comes up with a solution other than replacing driveshafts until Ford gives up and buys the car back because my vibration is definitely not worth that to me at this point.

Sponsored

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
so the dealership doesn't believe that there's a problem and took 4 days to road force balance the tires. who do I complain to because the shop foreman is the one who doesn't believe there's a problem? this is retarded. what a big waste of time.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
A warranty is the worst thing. If you need it it becomes useless if you don't need it it is useless. Thank you Ford

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
so the dealership doesn't believe that there's a problem and took 4 days to road force balance the tires. who do I complain to because the shop foreman is the one who doesn't believe there's a problem? this is retarded. what a big waste of time.
Took my dealer 4 days just to fix the cooled seats and replace a downpipe. Got it back, no paperwork given by the service advisor and almost 200 miles on the car!!! And they want a good survey? Nope. Venting...

As far as keeping this on topic, I ended up fixing he vibration from the DS myself with hose clamps. There's a write-up on the method I used back a few pages.

John

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Kelly,

Did you apply the below to the above during your research:

1) Car at full weight (driver and full tank of gas)
2) Car at relaxed weight (driver and gas tank almost on or at "E")

Won't the driveline angle will change or be affected dependent upon weight of vehicle (weighted, unsprung weight or during weight transfer due to momentum)?

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
Kelly,

Did you apply the below to the above during your research:

1) Car at full weight (driver and full tank of gas)
2) Car at relaxed weight (driver and gas tank almost on or at "E")

Won't the driveline angle will change or be affected dependent upon weight of vehicle (weighted, unsprung weight or during weight transfer due to momentum)?
if there was someone locally here from the forums I would pay you to fix it with the hose clamps for me
Sponsored