Sponsored

US import S550 Ecoboost, like to trade adapted EU rearlights for original sequentials

Klaazzzzzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Klaas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Eco boost
My US import (2018 facelift) Mustang has the original tail lights which are professionally changed to comply with the German law. They (red version) show 1 amber bar for turnsignals and two red bars brake lights (each side). When lights are on they show three bars red.

I'd like to believe that there are people each year needing these adapted light for their own import Mustangs to get them registered in Germany.

I live in the Netherlands where sequential red tailights are allowed and I really like them.

Is somebody planning to import a car in Germany interested in trading my tail lights for their original US sequentials?
Sponsored

ShadowMustang161

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
Hello Klaazzzz from Down Under in Australia. You can purchase a sequential turn indicator kit and easily fit it yourself in about 30minutes. Cost in Australia was about $220 AUS and I have the kit fitted to my current Mustang and had the same kit on my former Eco Boost Mustang. Don't need to trade tail lights, just buy the kit and install it yourself.

OP
OP

Klaazzzzzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Klaas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Eco boost
Hello Klaazzzz from Down Under in Australia. You can purchase a sequential turn indicator kit and easily fit it yourself in about 30minutes. Cost in Australia was about $220 AUS and I have the kit fitted to my current Mustang and had the same kit on my former Eco Boost Mustang. Don't need to trade tail lights, just buy the kit and install it yourself.
Hi ShadowMustang161,

I assume I need original tail lights for this, mine are opened (And closed) and altered for the German market so I don't expect your suggested kit will work.

Or can somebody tell me otherwise?

OP
OP

Klaazzzzzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Klaas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Eco boost
Hi ShadowMustang161, thank you! But for the risk and more important, money it takes to test this solution I'd rather invest a little bit more and buy a pair of Vland taillights ;-)

Still, there should be people importing Mustangs who need DE certified tailights. So please share when you do because I will have a pair to trade or maybe even to sell!
Sponsored